Muffin Break ...... help!

No, I am not having a muffin :)

Next week I am going out to meet a friend for coffee.  She is very disabled and has chosen the cafe for its access and air-conditioning.  I will be spending a couple of hours surrounded by baked goods of every description!  We do not plan to have a meal, just drinks and a chat but how am I going to resist all that sweet, sugary, floury poison that my sugar dragon will be telling me to eat??  They do not sell fresh fruit or salads without bread around them.  I did wonder, if I found myself feeling the 'need' to eat, whether to ask them for a simple, undressed salad with some fish or meat (dependent on how it is prepared) but also wonder whether I would be better off resisting the urge to eat altogether if not hungry.

Any advice now to prevent a mad moment would be much appreciated :)

EDIT: My friend knows about my W30 and is fully supportive of it so will be on my side :) I also realised as I wrote this that I obviously do not believe in myself or my 'healing' on this programme :(  I fully expect to be sideswiped by some kind of sugar monster forcing me to put poison in my mouth!  Well that is not going to be the case because the only person making the decision about what goes in my mouth is me!  So I think I have sort of answered my own question really - just need a little reassurance perhaps?

• Moderators

Hmmm. I would eat some protein and fat or a mini meal before heading out. You will be fine because you have already made the decision that you are Whole30ing. Pre-commitment means your brain isn't going to this cafe having to decide "will I have a baked good? which kind? one or two?" -- you already know what your plan is!

You can do this!

Make sure you don't go to get tea/coffee without eating prior so you know it's not hunger. And keep some fat or a mini meal handy.

I used to have the world's biggest sweet tooth (I blamed my genetics even though I know that's not really the case.) I've found that after not having many sweets, I can't eat them as often. My husband brought home some delicious ice cream the other day and I tried it (not on w30) and it was way too sweet. In fact the green grapes I bought for my daughter are a little too sweet for me (and the berries this summer? Almost too sweet.)

Ask your friend to help you out. Tell her you only want tea or coffee with no cream or sugar and that's it. If you start saying you want something different, ask her to keep you accountable. Sometimes j need that too. You can do this!

Archived