Start Date August 1, 2016

Alicia C

Hello everyone! I started yesterday I read the book and couldn't wait till the 1st. But I figured I could join you all! Good luck to everyone! So far I have felt pretty good just sugar withdrawal headaches at night but I know they will pass! 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all!

I'm starting my first Whole30 on 8/1.

Cleaned out a shelf in the pantry for compliant foods and just made a jar of homemade olive oil mayo ... can't believe how easy that was. I eat pretty healthily and work out 4-5 days a week, but my main reason for doing this is to sleep better and have more consistent energy levels and moods. The rest of my family -- husband + 3 kids -- are not doing this with me, but I'll probably be serving them similar stuff esp. at dinner.

I am starting on August 1 too. I have wanted to start for over a year but just haven't made the commitment. Now I am ready! and I am determined to stick with it. Glad to have a group to travel this journey with. 

I'd really like to join in with a group who is starting on August 1st, too!  Being with a group that is achieving the same goal as yourself makes such a huge difference than doing it on your own!  

This will be my first time doing a legit Whole30 plan.  Last summer I just did an eating plan where I incorporated a few of the Whole 30 rules, like eating Paleo, eating more fat (love me some coconut oil!) and less bad carbs, and cutting out alcohol completely.  I saw a huge difference in my health - clearer skin, clearer mind, and lost some inches - in just under a month. I felt great and my friends and family also noticed my good mood.  Then I got lazy and blah with the seasons changing to fall and winter, and then got into a new relationship so pretty much went back to my old ways of eating out a lot and drinking.  Over the last 3-6 months especially, I have managed to put on 10 lbs - most in my hips and belly - from alcohol, stress, and sitting at my desk at work all day. Now I have a wedding that I am in Labor Day weekend, and need these next 30 days to get myself to fit back in my bridesmaids dress that fit me back in February.  I have also got myself a FitBit last week and am motivated to go all out with the Whole30 to get the most out of this.  Not just for the sake of fitting my bridesmaids dress, but for the sake of my health.

I feel like I totally just rambled on there - please bear with me - just a little excited to make some good positive changes this next month :)

Taryn

Hi everyone, 

I am starting my third Whole30 on August 1 so wanted to join this group for some support as it's certainly helped being on here in the past. 

My partner will be joining me for this one, it's his second Whole30. 

I'm in Australia so it's Aug 1 now, one meal in already. I'm looking forward to feeling a lot better in 20 days or so! 

Best of luck to you all for a great Whole30! 

I will start August 1st, too. This will be my 2nd Whole30. completed one last September and have done a few Whole10's, Whole14's. I need a complete one to again narrow down some bad habits of eating poorly when I am stressed, find out if I have another food sensitivity, and help me find my focus. 

The forum was a big help before....even finding new recipes but mostly making me accountable. 

Hi! First timer here starting August 1 as well. Looking for some good support. I've packed on about 20lbs since this time last year, but I feel horribly tired, cranky, and as if my body is falling apart. I've been making terrible nutrition choices and I know I need a serious change. I did some prepping today and have a fridge packed full of fresh veggies and meat!!

I am starting my first Whole 30 tomorrow- (August 1st) and am looking forward to giving and receiving support! Lately sugar and processed carbs have been my mainstays and as a result I am compulsively overeating and feeling the negative results. Looking forward to finding some peace with food. Here's to day one!

So today is the first day.  I prepped last night by grilling a chicken breast, preparing some Egg Frittatas in a muffin tin - the are almost like a Spanish Tortilla as I used left over roasted fingerlings sliced and added some arugula.  Fried up some compliant bacon and prepared my salad for lunch (to have with the chicken breast).  

My husband has agreed to join me in this Whole30.  He is very good at sticking to things and not veering off plan, so he should be able to help me with this.  I weighed myself for the last time this month - was not at all happy with the numbers - so I am starting this at the very best time.  I know that I have some upcoming challenges - one of which is a short overnight business trip later this month - I'll be looking here to make sure I plan that out well.

Good luck everyone.

I have done two successful W30s and two unsuccessful whole 30s. I am joining this group because I want August to be a rewarding month that puts me back into some good habits. Watchimg my intake of fruit and cutting out snacking are my keys.

Best of luck.

Hi all,

I tried a round in July but just fizzled out.  I really half @$$ed it, I didn't even make it halfway through. I relied WAY too much on pre-made food like sausages and meatballs and such. So I"m starting off brand new today. First day of August. I'm going to make everything from scratch. All lunches this week will be soup and salad. The soup is already made and ready to heat. Dinners will be eaten together and at the table. We're going to do daily family walks and I"m going to keep up with my exercise videos.

I have two fairly big hurdles to overcome in August. My Sister-in-law's Bridal Shower and two of my children's Birthdays that fall back to back near the end of the month. Luckily my Mom and I are hosting the shower so I can incorporate a lot of compliant foods (without anyone needing to know, mwa-ha-ha!) My kids though. Our local ice cream shop has this giant, 13 scoop sundae that we share as a family to celebrate. It's going to be VERY hard not to partake! But I can take pictures and keep the baby occupied and the 4 year old from getting too incredibly covered in sauces, so that'll be my job.

Starting my first Whole 30 today-August 1st!  Feeling motivated!  Want to sleep better and fit into my clothes better.  I think August is the best month to put my best foot forward as I don't have any major family obligations and it is before all the craziness of the holiday season starts really kicking in.  My hope Is that I can get myself into a healthy routine so maybe the holidays won't be as bad this year with eating.  I really want the food freedom that I keep hearing from others on here.

M

It's go time....let's start strong and post our wins for the day. Completed a clean shopping trip and prepped several items for the week, stuffed peppers, roasted cauliflower and used Ghee for the first time. Have you guys used the website Foodee, it's a great site to search/save recipes that are Whole30 approved and print out shopping lists. 

Thanks for foodee tip, yoga girl! So far I made some compliant mayo and whipped up a potato salad and added in some cherry tomatoes from our garden and some celery = delish! I rid my house of most processed foods, except a few kid snacks for the little ones. I'm hoping I can carry this for 30 days straight.

Woohoo! It's day 1! We've got this, guys and gals! This is my first Whole30 and I'm excited and terrified. I'm expecting my sugar dragon to fight full force and I'm going to need all the support I can get! I'm looking forward to seeing how this changes my relationship with food and proving to myself that I don't need all the added stuff/junk, that whole food can be delicious and satisfying. 

It's go time....let's start strong and post our wins for the day. Completed a clean shopping trip and prepped several items for the week, stuffed peppers, roasted cauliflower and used Ghee for the first time. Have you guys used the website Foodee, it's a great site to search/save recipes that are Whole30 approved and print out shopping lists. 

Love this yogagirl! 

My wins are...Getting my younger sister on board and having a delicious Whole30 breakfast together and then taking a nice, long nap! (Yay for a semi-day off!) I'm not a big napper at ALL, but today I really felt my body was asking for it, so I complied. Feeling great, energized and ready for the rest of the day!

Wins for the day so far. Yummy breakfast of eggs scrambled with peppers, onions, mushrooms and spinach! Oh and some compliant chicken sausage with it! I also bought some kombocha to try for the first time too! I hear it's good mixed in with la croix. It will be my after dinner mocktail! Feeling good! Lots of energy today so far! Even after chasing around my nanny kiddos!

Go Team August!

I just started today too. First timer, I was doing awesome until 2:20 today. I think it is going to be an interesting week! I already need help, I made the basic mayo with xtra virgin olive oil (like the book said NOT to) and it is gross. Ideas on how to "save" it? Toss it?

Hi Everyone,

This is my 1st time doing whole 30. I have a serious addiction to sugar and diet drinks, and I'm hoping this whole 30 will rid me of that. I'm going to need some major help! I've tried doing 7 day challenges through Instagram before, and haven't been able to get through them. I can use all the support I can get! Thanks in advance everyone! And good luck!!

Archived