Any thoughts on ghee regarding cancer

I was diagnosed about 18 months ago with a very aggressive breast cancer. I had a mastectomy about a year ago and just finished treatment last week but I gather I'm fairly high risk for it returning. After I was diagnosed I started researching how nutrition could affect cancer and, after reading several books and other studies decided to give up dairy completely as so many were implicating it as a causal factor.

Now I'm wondering about home made ghee from organic butter. Everyone on here seems to rave about it. Since it's a pure fat would it still carry the risks that dairy in general does or would the risk causing factors have been eliminated? Does anyone have any ideas on this?

• Moderators

Almost all of the milk proteins are removed from ghee and clarified butter. Most people, even those with strong sensitivities to dairy, can eat ghee and clarified butter without experiencing problems, so Dallas and Melissa decided to add them to the Whole30 menu. My guess is that you would be okay with homemade ghee from organic butter.

Archived