Felt so good today until.......

I drank some carbonated water :(

Wow! The subsequent headache is unbelievable!

So can anyone explain why carbonated water would do this?  I had the reaction yesterday too but have only just put two and two together. (only ingredients are water and carbon dioxide - it is not mineral water)

Hmmm, not sure then.

Iced water can cause both headaches and digestive distress as the body works hard to bring the water down to it's natural temperature.

Mineral water can cause headaches due to the minerals contained therein being higher perhaps than what your body is used to/needs.

I can only guess that the carbonation might have somehow effected your sinuses causing a headache? It's just a guess though.

And you may be completely dehydrated and do not know it.   There is extreme heat, 90 degrees and over in every single state but 2.  Carb water doesn't do for me what fresh mountain water does.  It causes belly bloat and even heartburn.  Find some good water and maybe you're lacking some electrolytes like magnesium and potassium. 

And you may be completely dehydrated and do not know it.   There is extreme heat, 90 degrees and over in every single state but 2.  Carb water doesn't do for me what fresh mountain water does.  It causes belly bloat and even heartburn.  Find some good water and maybe you're lacking some electrolytes like magnesium and potassium. 

I am in England, UK :) A balmy 73 here - but even so, you may well be right about the dehydration as later drinks of the carb water (interspersed with tap water) did not cause headache :)

I am in England, UK :) A balmy 73 here - but even so, you may well be right about the dehydration as later drinks of the carb water (interspersed with tap water) did not cause headache :)

You should be aiming for a half an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily - and also remembering to salt your food. A headache can also be caused by a lack of salt.

Archived