Sign in to follow this  
TeacherP

Recommendation for Multi-Vitamins

Hi,

I am looking for a recommendation for compliant multi-vitamins.  In the resources section of Whole 30 it recommends Pure Encapsulations because it's available for purchase by the general public.  Not so, their website says you must go through a healthcare professional.  So does is there a brand that can be purchased directly?

We actually recommend that you forgo your multi vitamin during Whole30 as you should/will be eating such a vast variety of protein, vegetables, fat and some fruit that the vitamin should be unnecessary.  The Whole30 recommendation is for a brand you could use if you were wanting to supplement. It's not that they are recommending folks take a multi.

Thanks for the info. I should have mentioned I've done a Whole 30 twice, and lost 28 lbs. I've been doing a modified W30 since I had my knee replaced June 20. I've been feeling the need for some extra energy, which is probably part of the recovery process.

we're not doctors, our advice is just that, advice.  If you feel you need more energy, then I suggest that you increase your meal size slightly.

if you have real concerns than consult a qualified nutritionalist, or your GP.

Hello my name is Michael Brooks I just started the whole 30 and saw your questions if anyone is interested in Pure Encapsulations and you may have had a hard time getting them because they are sold exclusively to health Care practitioners like myself {moderator edit to remove sales pitch/self promotion as this is against forum rules} I have been a distibutor of Pure Encapsulations  and taking them for years they really one of the nest out there.just let me know if I can be of service Hope your search for optimal health is going well.

I'm not a doctor nor profess to be one, I've had gastric bypass and felt I needed to have some vitamins also, because after gastric bypass your on a slew of vitamins.  I looked for natural vitamins and found "Alive" they also have it for women over 50+.  All natural and compliant I made sure ;) hopefully this helps, I searched a LONG time to find something and found them!  Good Luck!

Check out the nutrition in Arbonne vitamins and supplements, they are made with more strict European standards and are whole30 compliant. I've been taking them every day with the plan and feel great. If you do some research and are interested, let me know. They are fresher and not full of shelf life additives like some are that you buy at the store.

I just looked at the Nature's Way for women over 50 and found that it has tomato, which is fine for those on Whole30 but not those following AIP as well.  The regular one "Whole Food Energizer" appears to be compliant with both Whole30 and AIP.  Thanks for the heads up, this thread gave me a good starting point. :)

OK, replying to myself to say there appear to be 2 formulations, one with tomato (has "Premium Formula" in a red flag on the box and bottle) which is noncompliant if you are doing AIP, and one with AIP and Whole30 compliant ingredients (no tomatoes) (has "New" in the red flag).  In case anyone needs to know. :)