1st W30, not weighing is driving me nuts

MrsZimm13

On August 25, 2016 at 11:15 PM, GrayFal said:

Thanks for sharing your journey. I enjoy reading others food journal to get ideas. 

So, how do you make your meatloaf without bread/bread crumbs???

Hi! I've been making this same recipe for at least 2 years.  The flavor is very savory and we always have leftovers.

It calls for cabbage, but I sometimes use mushrooms or carrots instead.  It all depends on what I have on hand. I also sprinkle the top with a barbeque rub I make and omit the BBQ sauce called for.  And one last change, I don't add the almond meal- it's unnecessary, in my opinion. 

http://www.paleoplan.com/2009/12-29/paleo-meat-loaf/

if you try it, let me know how you like it. .

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, GrayFal said:

Thanks. I have pinned it so will try it after Labor Day. I like the idea of cabbage.  Different!  I will probably buy the Cole slaw mix at the store and add it in.  Agree about the BBQ A sauce. Unnecessary. 

Going to try this other recipe you posted tomorrow. http://meljoulwan.com/2012/10/24/golden-cauliflower-soup/

And about your MD appt; try not to be discouraged, her suggestion of portion control is not a bad thing. Up your protein and green leafy veggies. 

"Start with the serving size and servings per package. A serving of avocado is based on 1/5 of a medium avocado or 1 oz.; there are five servings in a medium avocado. As sizes of Hass avocados and other avocadovarieties can vary, consider the 30 g/1 oz. serving for easier calculations"

https://www.avocadocentral.com/nutrition/avocado-nutrition-health-facts-label

so having a half isn't really so "bad" especially in the context of this food program. 

Good night!

On August 25, 2016 at 11:15 PM, GrayFal said:
Thanks for sharing your journey. I enjoy reading others food journal to get ideas. 

So, how do you make your meatloaf without bread/bread crumbs???

Hi! I've been making this same recipe for at least 2 years.  The flavor is very savory and we always have leftovers.

It calls for cabbage, but I sometimes use mushrooms or carrots instead.  It all depends on what I have on hand. I also sprinkle the top with a barbeque rub I make and omit the BBQ sauce called for.  And one last change, I don't add the almond meal- it's unnecessary, in my opinion. 

http://www.paleoplan.com/2009/12-29/paleo-meat-loaf/

if you try it, let me know how you like it. 

Ohhh I just made meatloaf, cauliflower soup, and chicken/eggplant soup... I hope you enjoy the cauliflower soup. We really like it. Ive made 2 pots within a few days. 

It is hard to not be discouraged about my DR appt. I have a host of medical issues brewing in my body and the cortisol being out of control isn't helping my situation.  Of course I get a bit envious when other W30'ers post that they've lost 15 pounds and in 45 days I've not lost one.  I try to remember that if I wasn't doing W30 I would be gaining weight.  I get over my potty parties pretty quickly, thankfully. 

Have a great day!  I'm going to meditate to try to ease the cortisol.  "They" say meditation helps.

Day 13
8/27
Yoga was awesome- again!  Love how I feel afterwards.  

1 coffee & coconut cream *testing to see if I feel nauseous. Result- no nausea. 
B- 2 eggs, 2 Bacon, 1/2 avocado, 1 c veggies 
Ordered Ashwaghanda to see if it helps my cortisol levels. 
L- 1.5 salmon cake, tartar sauce, 1 bowl cauliflower soup (love)
Food prep: made meatloaf, golden cauliflower soup, chicken eggplant parm-less soup, and finishing the pot of bone broth on the porch.  6 quarts to can. Norm made dressing and a salad.  Works over for the day. 
Yoga Nidra--- I felt calm afterwards; I fell asleep during. 
D- steak, spinach salad, olive oil and balsamic V.

Day 14
8/28

Slept well
Green tea
EFT for stress relief 
Worked in the garden 2 hours
Walked the dogs
B-tomato soup with roasted veggies and meatloaf
Shopped the clearance racks
L-spinach salad with tuna (mixed w/mayo and capers) dressing
D-pork chop, avocado cucumber salsa, pepper cole slaw, bowl cauliflower soup. 
Walk
Green tea

Prepped Kahlua Pig recipe from Nomnompaleo and it's in the crock now.  Pairing with green beans braised with onion, garlic and tomatoes.  That's going to be off the charts delicious! 

I'm going to take an exercise classtonight- it will be the first for me and I'm a tad anxious about it, just because I don't know what to expect.  I'm sure I'll survive... 

Norm is on day 6 today and still has a slight headache.  He's been a champ not to drink alcohol or have sweetener.  He's not been so good about staying off scale, I'm envious of his weight loss so far.  

Here's to an awesome day! Cheers!!

Day 15
8/29

My right wrist has been painful intermittently over the past few days.  I hope it's not inflammation.  My knuckle is still somewhat irritated and irritating.  The pain ebbs and flows.  Thankfully it's not constant.  She thinks the pain in my knuckle could be osteo arthritis. Going on the advise of my Dr, I am going to eat only when hungry.

Coffee with coconut cream
B-meatloaf with roasted veggies, avocado oil. 
Walk dogs. Visited with Barbara. 
L- Cauliflower soup with meatloaf, avocado oil. Small Apple.
D-Kahlua pig, cup of gingered zucchini soup. 

I feel the need to make http://meljoulwan.com/2012/11/05/silky-gingered-zucchini-soup/
Took 2 lbs of grated zucchini out of the freezer and will use venison broth as the base. Ahhhhh..... This is not my cup of soup.  

Hoping to walk again and bathe Baby. 

Day 16 
8/30 
Woke at 3:30 am and  couldn't fall asleep.  My knuckle was hurting and once i became aware, my head started working and that was the end of sleep. Ordered vitamins, knit a little
Coffee, coconut cream
Green tea
B- steak, roasted veggies with avocado oil.
L- chicken/eggplant stew
I feel very blah about eating.  I'm fighting the feeling of discouragement due to no weight loss.  I try to remember that I would be gaining weight if I was not doing this...
D- meatloaf, sautéed green beans with lavender salt, sautéed okra and onions. Both veggies had avocado oil. 
Missed both Yoga classes.  The first I was running late, the second...well, I needed a nap.  
Yoga Nidra 

green tea

Hope to walk my regular route tonight. 

My nails, again, look like crap.  One broke during gardening this passed weekend, and I trimmed the rest....they look like they used to.   Short and ill. 

I'm sorry you're having disappointing feelings from a lack of weight loss.  Love seeing how hard you're fighting it.  You are doing a great job and no doubt you would feel yuckier if you weren't doing this.

You are unbelievably encouraging to the rest of us and thank you for sharing all that you do.  It's very honest, comforting and refreshing.

Btw, I'm going to make the cauliflower soup and paleo meatloaf when I get home. 

35 minutes ago, Jager07 said:

I'm sorry you're having disappointing feelings from a lack of weight loss.  Love seeing how hard you're fighting it.  You are doing a great job and no doubt you would feel yuckier if you weren't doing this.

You are unbelievably encouraging to the rest of us and thank you for sharing all that you do.  It's very honest, comforting and refreshing.

Btw, I'm going to make the cauliflower soup and paleo meatloaf when I get home. 

Thanks Jäger- Actually, posting here is pushing me forward.  If I wasn't committed, and if I didn't feel connected to this forum, I probably would have gone off roading. But, I'm going to plug along for 4 months until I see my DR again.  Then I'll decide what to do with my bad self. :)

i at least need to W30 through the holidays.  I have a TON of travel and social situations to live through. 

I hope You are sleeping ok and eating (well).  I've been thinking about you and hope all is good with your dad.

Day 17
8/31

Slept better last night. 7.5hrs
Green tea with turmeric curcumin 
B-2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1 hotdog, 2C roasted veg/green beans, avocado oil
L-bowl of golden cauliflower soup, meatloaf 
D-tuna with mayo on top of spinach salad, w/dressing and 1/2 avocado
Ashwaghanda arrived-took one.
Walked
2 more Ashwaghanda & calm 

I realize that I have started treating my life/health like an experiment.  Dallas Hartwig put this notion in my head.  Try something--- notice the results, accept that change or adapt a different change and see what result you get.  Keep experimenting until you figure out what works. 

Im going to TRY to get rid of my obsession with my weight and focus on my health.  My weight is not the worst thing I have going for me at the moment, but I put such emphasis on it, that the other issues slip to the background.  

My cholesterol levels need to drop, homocysteine levels need to drop, long term sugar levels need to drop and my kidney function levels need to improve.  I need to focus on those health issues not on weight.

I am giving W30 4 months to help me improve these issues. 

Look out change- here I come!

Day 18
9/1
Slept well- thanks Ashwaghanda!
Coffee, coconut cream 
B-mash up of pulled pork, green beans and butternut squash. Added more salt than usual, as I've been feeling very lightheaded and black-outish when I stand up from sitting (for about a week) I feel like it could be due to lower sodium.  So I'm adding a lot of salt to my meals and drinking more water. 
L- chicken, eggplant, tomato stew.  Avocado oil & salt (gassy afterwards ? Eggplant)
Apple
Walk
Homemade plantain chips 
D stuffed green pepper with venison kielbasa, cabbage, spices and tomato sauce.  Delicious! 

Took 1 Ashwaghanda. Knitting a hat... Stayed up too late.

Day 19
9/2
Walked dogs
B-2 kielbasa sausages- home made with venison, 1 egg, cabbage sautéed 
Yoga
L-meatloaf 2 fresh figs from the tree 
D-2 salmon cakes, tartar sauce, sautéed cabbage
Cooked salmon cakes, made tartar sauce, cauliflower/parsnip mash, roasted 5 bags of frozen veggies. Started cooking pigs feet....I've never had them, never mind made them!  I went with a recipe that did not call for a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce to be poured over them!  
Walked
Knitted on my Fishy Faye's Friends hat.  It's so cute! 

Day 20
9/3
Woke up at 4:30- out of bed at 5! UGH! Why can't I sleep??? I long for the days when I could sleep until 10Am. 
B-1 egg, roasted veggies, green tea with turmeric C, avocado oil
Went to Yoga, but it was canceled due to Labor Day
L cashews and a banana (1st nuts & banana of this W30)
Walked the mall with Jeanne
D chicken breast, veggies, tomato sauce
2 figs
Walked dogs

Day 21
9/4 Happy Birthday Kas!
Woke at 7:50 am
Coffee
B 2 eggs, 1 sausage patty (SO delicious!) roasted veggies, avocado oil (metagest)
Hiked 3 miles, got lost a few times, it took just under 2 hours. 
L chicken, tomato, eggplant stew w/ nutritional yeast (metagest)

chia seed pudding with 2 blueberries
Going to Rocco's to listen to live Blues-drank 60 oz of club with lime
D pulled pork, cauli/parsnip mash, collars, 2 figs
Made fig, lemon, rosemary jam

Day 22
9/5
Slept in...felt so good
Coffee
Walk
B 2 eggs, roasted veggies, 1 spicy fish cake
L pulled pork, cauli/parsnip mash
Pool- soaking up the last few days that the pool is open.
D meatloaf, cauli/parsnip mash, roasted veggies, 1fresh fig from Liz 

Day 23
9/6
Coffee
Walked dogs
B 1 egg, 1/4 c salmon, coconut oil, roasted veggies- very filling 
Yoga
L tomato, pepper olive salad, 2 fish cakes with tartar sauce
Walked to Barb's. I did not walk enough today. I have 7000 steps total
D eggplant, meatloaf and Romenesco sauce
I've been reading about Omega 3s and I'm trying to have a serving of fish each day. Canned salmon, even wild caught, is very reasonably priced at Aldi.  

I have a sick kitty.  She may be in kidney failure.  Waiting on blood and urine test results tomorrow. :(

Day 24
9/7
Coffee
B- 2 eggs, cubed ham, spinach, onions, peppers, coconut oil
L- spinach salad, tuna, avocado oil & balsamic 
Packing to go to Omaha. 3 day trip. 
Pool
D- pork chop, collards, tomatoes. 
Need my evening walk.

When I was  packing for my trip, I tried on some jeans that I could not even squeeze into a month ago and I can wear them!  That got me trying on other items and I got into a skirt that I have not worn in 4 years.  My hubs says it looks good.  I'm pleased.  What a great NSV. 

Archived