Work Lunch at Pizza Place

allie22star

Hello everyone! I am on Day 18 of my first Whole30 :)

Tomorrow, we have a staff retreat away from work, and we will be eating at a restaurant together as part of that retreat. I just found out the place today (after asking a few times) and was told that it was a pizza place (menu here - http://www.tonyspizzastpete.com/#!menu/c1aeq).The only times I have eaten out so far have been Five Guys, Burger Fi, and steakhouses (burgers and steaks for the win), and I've been able to select those places myself after research. I'm nervous about what to order tomorrow, and I want to make sure that I think of everything as far as questions I need to ask.

From looking at the menu, it looks like my main options would be a garden salad with chicken or a burger with no bun. Am I missing anything? Is there anything else I should be asking besides asking for no seasoning or oil?

Thanks for any help! I'm feeling so good and doing so well so I want to make sure that I am able to still stick with it tomorrow (or try to throw something together to bring with me instead).

Hello everyone! I am on Day 18 of my first Whole30 :)

Tomorrow, we have a staff retreat away from work, and we will be eating at a restaurant together as part of that retreat. I just found out the place today (after asking a few times) and was told that it was a pizza place (menu here - http://www.tonyspizzastpete.com/#!menu/c1aeq).The only times I have eaten out so far have been Five Guys, Burger Fi, and steakhouses (burgers and steaks for the win), and I've been able to select those places myself after research. I'm nervous about what to order tomorrow, and I want to make sure that I think of everything as far as questions I need to ask.

From looking at the menu, it looks like my main options would be a garden salad with chicken or a burger with no bun. Am I missing anything? Is there anything else I should be asking besides asking for no seasoning or oil?

Thanks for any help! I'm feeling so good and doing so well so I want to make sure that I am able to still stick with it tomorrow (or try to throw something together to bring with me instead).

Why not just take your own food (salad plus protein, e.g.). I've been on more work retreats and training sessions than anyone should have to endure and from my experience, the important part is that the participants are interacting, not what they are or are not eating. I've also found that other people usually don't care at all what someone else is or isn't eating, as we are too busy thinking about ourselves. :-)

Archived