Think it's working!

MtnRunner

I will admit to not being 100% compliant on my Whole30, but I'm right arounf 98% and eating better and cleaner than ever before as of Day 8 today. My stomach feels (and looks...hello potential 6 pk) great, my energy is great and I PR'd on push ups and pull ups today! I will say my running probably isn't as strong as usual but my strength training is through the roof. Maybe the extra protein, more spinach, the tablespoon of coconut milk I put in my coffee, who knows, but it's working for me and I don't feel like I'm that far into this. By now I've seen enough good things that this may be a complete lifestyle change.

So my take away to others is to stick with it, don't deny yourself any of the foods you are allowed to eat (I eat a bit of fruit and nuts) and if you go slightly off-track don't beat yourself up about it, just move on and do better.

I'm just starting my whole30 today but have been grain-free for the past 4 months and LOVE it. As a marathon runner I found that my speed has declined SLIGHTLY, but my strength and body composition make up for it :)

Keep it up girl! I'm looking forward to joining you at day 8!

It's more that I'm cheap so I don't want to waste what I already had so I'm finishing up things, like my almond butter that has cane sugar added to it, before I buy the compliant stuff. I snuck a piece of chocolate in one day too. For me to eat this clean is a big step so I'm not going to punish myself for being slightly off or having a little slip compared to what it used to be like.

Maybe it's not the tough-guy/girl whole30 and I'm sure eventually I will do a real honest whole30, but this is really good for me and I'm getting a ton of benefits with just what I am doing so far.

Archived