Anxiety over a reaction post-whole30

I successfully completed a whole30 back in February of this year. I felt amazing tons of energy, positive attitude, no acid reflux, reduction in body pain. My issue came during reintroduction. It came time to reintroduce peanut butter and I had a massive panic attack thinking I was going to have an anaphylactic reaction. Once i calmed myself down i was ok but I've tried having peanut butter a handful of times since then and every single time I have a panic attack thinking I'm going to die. It's only with peanuts. Nothing else. The anxiety I have is pretty well controlled by eliminating gluten (I have celiac disease) so this throws me for a loop. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I really want to do another whole30 because of how amazing I felt but the anxiety over peanuts really freaks me out. I'm scared it'll happen with another food.

• 1 month later...

I *know* just how you feel. 

I ruined my reintroduction as I was terrified I'd have a severe reaction so on day 31 I ate ALL the food to reintroduce it all at once, still can't eat legumes for fear or a reaction and rice took forever to reintroduce as I was scared of that too! 

Ive come on this site as I am planning another whole30 and this time I need to do all of it - kinda scared though. 

One of the main benefits of the whole30 was my anxiety disorder was under control - until the last week when the fear of reintroductions made my anxiety spiral out of control. 

Hope you you get on OK, did you are are you doing another whole30?

On 7/27/2016 at 11:45 AM, angincanada said:

I successfully completed a whole30 back in February of this year. I felt amazing tons of energy, positive attitude, no acid reflux, reduction in body pain. My issue came during reintroduction. It came time to reintroduce peanut butter and I had a massive panic attack thinking I was going to have an anaphylactic reaction. Once i calmed myself down i was ok but I've tried having peanut butter a handful of times since then and every single time I have a panic attack thinking I'm going to die. It's only with peanuts. Nothing else. The anxiety I have is pretty well controlled by eliminating gluten (I have celiac disease) so this throws me for a loop. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I really want to do another whole30 because of how amazing I felt but the anxiety over peanuts really freaks me out. I'm scared it'll happen with another food.

Is it possible for you just to avoid peanuts?

Archived