1st August start - group

lovemypaperhouse

Hi,

I'm Sarah and I'm starting my 4th or 5th (I forget) Whole30 on the 1st of August. I'd really like to start an accountability thread with others starting on Monday. 

I'm looking to share daily updates, recipe ideas etc. 

As a bit of background, I've lost 2 stone since January doing a Whole30 and eating mainly Paleo.

I have been eating a lot of dairy recently (ice cream because... summer), and bread. Although I haven't put any weight back on I can feel my mood isn't as bright and my digestive system is horrible. Really looking forward to giving myself a Whole30 boost to get back on track.

This Whole30 I am also looking to eat mainly fish for my evening meal - I'm keen to reduce the amount of 'meat' in my diet, but other than that it'll be a regular Whole30.

Please join if you're starting also! Looking forward to Monday :)

Sarah x

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in.

Did my last Whole 30 last year and it's showing  :(

We love fish, so I hope to get some ideas from you in that direction and I wil share my meals with this group, so hopefully you get some ideas from me.

We can do this!

Karin

Sounds great, I'm in too and thanks for the invite!

I have a standard w30 meal that I enjoy eating day in / day out with a few tweaks here and there. It's either chilli, slow-cooked meat, fish, or eggs, along with sautéed greens and some sweet potato. Sometimes I'll top it with tahini and sesame seeds. Anyway I can eat this at any time of day and be happy about it, I never really get bored.

Because I've moved around a bit since last w30 and have found myself having to experiment with limited kitchen facilities and a long drive to work I've often found myself stopping to pick up breakfast on the way, invariably some kind of sandwich or muffin. It's not the best for me, I know it, but the convenience factor is at play. Anyway for this 30 days (at the least) I'm gonna commit to making myself breakfast and eating it mindfully before I get in the car. I feel like that's a better start to the day! Also to taking a proper lunch to work, and to making a proper dinner. Often I'm so tired I don't even bother but I know that fuelling my body with the right food will lead to more and better energy.

I've just come back from shopping, spent just $70 on more than enough organic veggies, grass fed meat, pastured eggs, and olives to last me the week. Tomorrow will cook up a storm and get ready for the week ahead. Bring on Monday!

I'm in! I did my 1st W30 in May and felt great at the end, but have since fallen back to old habits and remembering how good I felt eliminating some foods from my diet, such as dairy and grains. I want to capture that good, energetic feeling again and loose this belly bloat in the process. August 1st is perfect, so I was happy to find this group. One of my favorite go-to foods was a hash I made with roasted root veggies like sweet potatoes, celery, onion, rutabaga and yams. I roasted them with herbs and oil, then used it as side dish, or topped a serving with eggs for breakfast. Never grew tired of it. Tomorrow is food prep day, so I will be making a batch. I recall the getting off sugar by the 3Rd day was a real killer for me....but still, i am ready to do this. Look forward to checking in on everyone. Best to you all!

Hi! 

I'd love to join this group.  I will begin my 2nd w30 on Monday. I did my first w30 last year (June 2015) and really loved how I felt at the end of it.  My goals for this w30 are to clean up my diet and get unhooked from Coke Zero.  After I finish this w30, I intend to focus solely on losing weight before Christmas.  I know from my last round that weight loss should not be the focus, so I'm not going to even being this round by weighing.  I'm just going to focus on the day to day getting my nutrition back to where it needs to be.

I look forward to sharing the ups and downs with you all, as well as sharing recipes and encouragement.

Thanks for letting me join!

Kerri

I'm in! This will be my 2nd round - my first was in June.I lost 8.5 lbs and 10ish inches.  I quickly fell off the horse in July and am tired of feeling cruddy. I learned a lot from my first round and am ready to get back in control!!!

I am in! Will be starting my first Whole30 tomorrow - will be traveling back from California to North Carolina (where I live) then Tuesday hopefully will be picking up my 1/8th of a grassfed steer so I will definitely be eating more meat than fish, lol. I am most worried about tomorrow due to spending all day flying back - then will still need to clear my kitchen of all non-compliant food (thankfully I have stocked up on pantry staples from Thrive already and will be picking up my beef as well as a bunch of veggies from my garden on Tuesday). Then I start a new job on the 3rd, so the first week will definitely be the toughest - wish I had a bit more time to prep, but I don't want to put it off either.

Hi Everyone - thanks to everyone for joining, I'm really looking forward to sharing this with you all. If anyone's on Instagram, I'm on @mypaperhouse I normally post my meals everyday.

I'm ready for tomorrow. Made some homemade nakd bars today just incase I need a snack through the week.

I'm also going to make sure I ge lots and lots of water this week - I've got a a busy week so need lots of energy, so early nights too.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone!

Sarah. Xx

Day 1! Since I live in Holland, I'll probably be the first everyday to start the new day.

Just had meal1 roasted veg with 2 eggs and some bacon. Drank 2 glasses of water and an espresso.

Everything lined up for the rest of the day, so it should work out. Just have to remember to drink enough water, that will be my extra goal these weeks.

Hi,

i'd love to join this group.

I finished my first whole30 in January 2014, feeling great. I lost the mood swings I used to display and couldn't stop smiling once I got to week 3.

I've been eating sth in between paleo and strict whole30 ever since, but I'm slipping back into before 2014 habits - sugardragon on the lurch!

Have a great start-off day!

Welcome to everyone that's joined!

I've just finished my second meal of the day (chicken thighs, broccoli, asparagus, olives)- feeling positive but also suffering the effects of eating 'all the foods' this weekend. Looking forward to feeling better later in the week.

Good luck to everyone about to wake up and start their day 1! 

Sarah x

• Whole30 Certified Coach

I'm in!  Just bailed on a W7 reset on M3 day 7 because it "was the end" and there was frosting :)  But I felt awesome all week!  Nothing beats a virtual support group to help stay on track!

Hubs is trying his best to do this with me.  I'm 18 weeks pregnant and feeling great - so I have no more excuses to not eat my veggies :)  I'm still craving fruit like a mad woman, so I'm not always adhering the the template - but I'd like to see if I can get 30 days of REAL food under my belt.  

Here are some recipes - my new favorite casserole and a recipe I'm trying today.

Sarah - tell me more about cauliflower hummus... Your IG photos are great!  Love all that fish.  Smoked salmon is supposed to be a no-no for preggers but I've actually been craving salmon lately... wish I could get some good, fresh smoked salmon here in my land-locked home :)

Just finished Meal One - 3 scrambled eggs, pork sausage, raw cherry tomatoes and bell pepper, blueberries and strawberries - not sure how I will possibly be hungry again at lunch time, lol, but that will be in an airport anyway so I am not sure what will be available...maybe I will try to eat just some more eggs and sausage before I leave the house and pack some raw veggies and fruit to eat in the airport - not ideal but sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and raw fruits and veggies have to be better than my emergency Larabars and Epic Bacon Bites - I think the hardest thing today will be not being able to chew gum during takeoff and landing

Just finished Meal One - 3 scrambled eggs, pork sausage, raw cherry tomatoes and bell pepper, blueberries and strawberries - not sure how I will possibly be hungry again at lunch time, lol, but that will be in an airport anyway so I am not sure what will be available...maybe I will try to eat just some more eggs and sausage before I leave the house and pack some raw veggies and fruit to eat in the airport - not ideal but sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and raw fruits and veggies have to be better than my emergency Larabars and Epic Bacon Bites - I think the hardest thing today will be not being able to chew gum during takeoff and landing

Archived