1st August start - group

lovemypaperhouse

1 hour ago, Wanda Maximoff said:

Does anyone have a good fish recipe? I prefer light, white fish (tilapia, flounder, etc.) and I'd love something that can be pan fried with green beans or something. Any marinade suggestions?

Fish...

My favourite easy fish dish is so simple but has been my favourite for years...

Any white, light fish (I use haddock), Sun dried tomotoes, ghee, lemon. - Ghee (don't scrimp on the ghee!) in pan, add fish and sun dried and wedges of lemon. Cover until cooked. Bit of black pepper.

Better but longer version (I pinched it from the restaurant where I used to work) - sandwich two fish pieces with prawns, wrap smoked salmon around, cook in the oven with above ingredients - it tastes amazing!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tooting my own horn here, but I survived Universal Studios this weekend without breaking down and diving headfirst into a churro and butterbeer. WIN!

My fiance and I live in Florida and have season passes and were able to drive, so that made it a lot easier. We just packed a cooler with a huge salad and lunch meat and left the park to have a picnic in our car when we were hungry. Plus I brought almonds and 2 lara bars in my bag so we could refuel a bit while we were waiting in line (I'm a very hangry person to begin with, and that dreaded "kill all the things" phase lingered a bit thanks to the massive crowds). 

I also racked up 17K steps, as an added bonus! 

This round of whole30 seems so much easier than my first, but I'm starting to get soooo tired of loading and unloading the dishwasher. I wish there were more whole30 approved "convenience" foods. I spent all day yesterday cleaning and doing meal prep, but I know that still barely made a dent in what we'll need to eat for the week. Any minimal work recipes or semi-prepared food suggestions would be appreciated! 

4 hours ago, lindsey1125 said:

Tooting my own horn here, but I survived Universal Studios this weekend without breaking down and diving headfirst into a churro and butterbeer. WIN!

Any minimal work recipes or semi-prepared food suggestions would be appreciated! 

Nice work on surviving Universal!

Are you cooking actual recipes,  or are you going down the hot plate route? ie. batch cooking 3-4 types of protein, a few veg side dishes, loading up on salad veg & then mixing & matching your meals together? I find the latter to be so much less time consuming, and creates less of a mess.... Do you own a slow cooker?

On 8/5/2016 at 7:57 PM, vozelle said:

I survived a family wedding during my first Whole30 last Summer. I planned ahead and ate BEFORE the meal was served, which helped a lot. Then I selected compliant items and joined others for meal time, but was not feeling deprived. The caterers were very gracious about letting me know what was in the food, ingredients, preparation, etc. As people ate the cake, I just thought about all the other wedding cakes and birthday cakes I'd had in my life (most weren't as good as they looked anyway), and I reminded myself that AFTER the Whole30 and AFTER doing my reintroductions, if I decided cake was something I wanted to allow "when it's worth it", then I was gonna have all the freedom in the world to do that. But there was NO WAY I was gonna blow my Whole30 for a piece of cake at that wedding. NO. WAY. I reminded myself how mad I'd be the next day if I gave in... and once everybody was done eating and the dancing started, I was ALL GOOD. I danced that night away, I can tell you!

You can TOTALLY do it. Good luck!  : )

[PS I don't drink, so that wasn't a temptation... but they had a popcorn bar, and popcorn is my favorite food in the WHOLE WORLD, so I was a total rock star to say no to that!!]

I did it - and it wasn't too difficult at all. I ate beforehand, brought my own "special water" and hit the veggies at the salad bar, and protein at the entree (I happen to know the cook, so I ate clean). I had strawberries for dessert, didn't miss the cake at all and drove three people home who needed a DD ; ) I had a great time, and visited more than I ever would have before. Thanks for the ideas, very helpful!

On 8/4/2016 at 9:20 PM, Wholepammy said:

Happy Day 4 everyone!  It sounds like we are all doing well so far.  

I'm currently reading "The Power of Habit" and I've decided to hit a spin class tomorrow and get a personal trainer.  I haven't done any exercise since June 20th when I broke my ankle in 2 places while hiking.  The truth is that I was distracted while looking at a playlist on my phone.  Now I cringe every time I hear that JT song LOL!!  But I share this with you because I think most of us have walked and read our phone at some point.  It just takes that one second of inattention for an accident to happen that could totally be avoided.  Once you've lost mobility of your foot (or whatever broken bone you have) you realize how frustrating it is to do the most simple of tasks.   So please, don't be dumb like I was!  The couple of seconds you spend stopped while doing whatever it is you're doing on your phone is worth it!!  

Is anyone else reading some helpful, motivating books?

I am reading Extreme Transformation: Lifelong Weight Loss in 21 Days by Chris and Heidi Powell, trainers. While I am not applying all their eating methods right now, I am using some of the workout routines, and I do love reading the mental encouragement and insight they have written about that focus on the actually "transformation" for life. For me it goes along well with how I am transforming my eating habits : ) Best, JP

One week done, bam.

This past week I learned a few things about me and my habits:

I use fruit for a snack at night and I need to break up with the after dinner snack habit. I don't need it, I don't really want it, but it is a habit, plain and simple. Lately it has been fruit - watermelon, or a peach, or a serving of nuts. And while that isn't too "bad", it is a "snack" I do not really need, it is pure boredom that usually brings it on as I am sitting in front of the TV or reading about that time. Identifying boredom vs real hunger in the evening...I will work on this all week - see how I do. 

The other thing I learned about me is I feel much better eating 4-5 smaller meals spread throughout the day rather than 3 larger meals. I take half my breakfast with me and have it around 3:30pm to keep my hanger at bay until dinner at 5:30. This helps a lot.

Just one week in and I can already feel a BIG difference in my energy level and the way my clothes fit. I can hardly wait to feel the improvements after week 2. Take care out there - have an amazing W30 week!

2 minutes ago, Judip said:

One week done, bam.

This past week I learned a few things about me and my habits:

I use fruit for a snack at night and I need to break up with the after dinner snack habit. I don't need it, I don't really want it, but it is a habit, plain and simple. Lately it has been fruit - watermelon, or a peach, or a serving of nuts. And while that isn't too "bad", it is a "snack" I do not really need, it is pure boredom that usually brings it on as I am sitting in front of the TV or reading about that time. Identifying boredom vs real hunger in the evening...I will work on this all week - see how I do. 

The other thing I learned about me is I feel much better eating 4-5 smaller meals spread throughout the day rather than 3 larger meals. I take half my breakfast with me and have it around 3:30pm to keep my hanger at bay until dinner at 5:30. This helps a lot.

Just one week in and I can already feel a BIG difference in my energy level and the way my clothes fit. I can hardly wait to feel the improvements after week 2. Take care out there - have an amazing W30 week!

Good job on identifying that evening snack habit!!

With regard to the 4-5 smaller meals, do try working on that and it will improve over time. Your digestive system really needs some down time between meals, and if your meals are well enough composed there should be no afternoon crash, and certainly no hanger - I'm thinking you need more fat. Also, it's in that recommended 4-5hr window that the body learns to tap into your fat stores for fuel and you become fat adapted - this can take 10-14 days, but it will happen.

You're doing great so far :)

4 hours ago, jmcbn said:

Nice work on surviving Universal!

Are you cooking actual recipes,  or are you going down the hot plate route? ie. batch cooking 3-4 types of protein, a few veg side dishes, loading up on salad veg & then mixing & matching your meals together? I find the latter to be so much less time consuming, and creates less of a mess.... Do you own a slow cooker?

A combination, but probably not as much as I could be making in big batches. Yesterday I made egg frittatas in a muffin tin for easy breakfasts (lots of veggies + sausage), turkey sausage for the egg muffins and to put in zoodles/as an added easy grab protein, and some chicken I cut into smaller pieces for salads and quick lunch + saved some for dinner last night, and oven-cooked bacon (for salads/sweet potato topping). I definitely didn't make enough chicken though, because it's almost gone already.

I do own a slow cooker, and was planning on making a pot roast for dinner tomorrow with it. Any recipes using the slow cooker would be awesome, if anyone has any! And it sounds like I'm in need of some batch cooking ideas - I'm just worried I'd get bored eating the same few things over and over, and veggies typically aren't very good reheated.

21 hours ago, jmcbn said:

Seriously? Looking at your other meals I'm guessing you've seen the meal template?

Where is your protein?? And additional fat?? Your body is going to be playing some serious nutritional catch up over the next few days if this (& your one egg for dinner last night) is how you're eating.....

A serving of olives by the way would be an open handful ;)

Well done on resisting the junk food at the skating rink though - that is most definitely a win all things considered!

I've seen the meal template, but I haven't studied it—I'm terrible at sticking to templates, but I know I need to work on it. 

The carrots for breakfast were more of a tide-me-over for an hour till lunch because I woke up late and didn't see the merit in eating two full meals an hour apart. (And the 5 olives were just me finishing up what was left in the can. :P)

But yes, I know what you're saying—my eating hasn't been very up to par. I'm young and not experienced with cooking and have just been surviving on what foods I can easily grab and prepare (b/c I started the program with absolutely zero prep). Protein is the hardest for me because I'm daunted by new recipes and feel bad asking my mom to buy me a bunch of meat that I might not eat. :lol: But I'm going to make some chicken recipes for dinners this week, and hopefully that'll break my fear of Cooking New Recipes. 

Day 8 comes to a close for me. Not much energy, but that's partially due to the fact that I'm spending way too much time watching the Olympics. (When will I remember that I don't really care who wins the 200 butterfly semifinals 2? :lol:)

Meals:

Brunch: a little less than 1 avocado smashed together with some canned salmon and some chopped onion + salt and pepper and lemon juice

Dinner: seasoned ground beef in a taco salad w/ shredded lettuce, chopped onion, and ~1/2 avocado + salsa; 1 red plum

Made it through the day without snacks. *weak fist pump* Also did a Whole Foods run and FINALLY found some compliant bacon (and some chorizo sausage to boot). I've got a frittata planned for tomorrow!

9 hours ago, lindsey1125 said:

A combination, but probably not as much as I could be making in big batches. Yesterday I made egg frittatas in a muffin tin for easy breakfasts (lots of veggies + sausage), turkey sausage for the egg muffins and to put in zoodles/as an added easy grab protein, and some chicken I cut into smaller pieces for salads and quick lunch + saved some for dinner last night, and oven-cooked bacon (for salads/sweet potato topping). I definitely didn't make enough chicken though, because it's almost gone already.

I do own a slow cooker, and was planning on making a pot roast for dinner tomorrow with it. Any recipes using the slow cooker would be awesome, if anyone has any! And it sounds like I'm in need of some batch cooking ideas - I'm just worried I'd get bored eating the same few things over and over, and veggies typically aren't very good reheated.

Ok, so always make as much as you've room to make - ie. use your biggest pan to ensure you have left overs. Freeze them in portion sized tubs if you think you'll get bored eating the same thing over & over & that way you will always have compliant food on hand in your freezer.

Easiest slow cooker recipe ever - put one whole chicken in the slow cooker (don't bother sealing in a pan first - why crate mess when you don't need to?!). In a mason jar or other sealable container add about a 1/3 of a tin of compliant coconut milk, add salt, pepper & spices of your choice (I like cinnamon, ginger & turmeric here), shake to mix then pour over the chicken. Cook on low for around 6-8hrs. Remove & de-bone & serve with a squeeze of fresh lime. Enough chicken for a few meals with 10 mins prep time - 5 before cooking & 5 after.

Kahlua Pig - you MUST try this - again v little prep for a huge yield of protein that works well with salad/slaw, roast veg, mashed root veg, or reheated in a skillet with tomatoes, mushrooms etc & a fried egg on top. Once the pork is out of the slow cooker you can use the rendered fat to slow braise some cabbage/kale in a pan....

And one more - chicken/beef/pork & spinach curry - seal enough meat (choose one type) in a pan for 4-6 portions. Put it in the slow cooker. Add a few chopped sweet potatoes & any other veg of your choice (I like zucchini in this one). Make a curry paste (or buy a compliant one) with fresh ginger, garlic (or garlic infused oil for low FODMAPers), onions/spring onions, chillis, and spices of your choice (cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, pepper, garam masala work well for example - or just use a curry mix!) - blend all together with a compliant oil until it's a paste consistency. Add to the slow cooker. Add EITHER canned tomatoes or a can of coconut milk and cook on low for 6-8hrs, (the sweet potato breaks down nicely in this time to create a sauce with the paste & coconut milk or tomatoes - depending on what you're using) then add a HUGE bag of spinach - it may take a few times of adding to get it all in but it will wilt quickly - allow long enough for the spinach to wilt, stir & serve.

Re the veg - for me roasted veg work best reheated, as does braised kale. I'll also pre-make mashed root veg, and then have a generous supply of salad veg & various fats available. For each meal then I pick a protein, pick a side & add some fat. Simple - and I rarely have to pick the same combo during the week.

2 hours ago, OMistressElise said:

I've seen the meal template, but I haven't studied it—I'm terrible at sticking to templates, but I know I need to work on it. 

The carrots for breakfast were more of a tide-me-over for an hour till lunch because I woke up late and didn't see the merit in eating two full meals an hour apart. (And the 5 olives were just me finishing up what was left in the can. :P)

But yes, I know what you're saying—my eating hasn't been very up to par. I'm young and not experienced with cooking and have just been surviving on what foods I can easily grab and prepare (b/c I started the program with absolutely zero prep). Protein is the hardest for me because I'm daunted by new recipes and feel bad asking my mom to buy me a bunch of meat that I might not eat. :lol: But I'm going to make some chicken recipes for dinners this week, and hopefully that'll break my fear of Cooking New Recipes. 

Ok, then study it :P

It's really going to be key in getting the results that you'd like, and in reaching that Tiger Blood stage ;)

And if you like fish, often tinned fish is a good, cheap protein option that won;t break the Bank of Mum.....

20 hours ago, lindsey1125 said:

This round of whole30 seems so much easier than my first, but I'm starting to get soooo tired of loading and unloading the dishwasher. I wish there were more whole30 approved "convenience" foods. I spent all day yesterday cleaning and doing meal prep, but I know that still barely made a dent in what we'll need to eat for the week. Any minimal work recipes or semi-prepared food suggestions would be appreciated! 

I get exactly the same - the washing up never ends sometimes. Here's my suggestions and a few recipe ideas:

• Chuck a joint of meat in the slow cooker, pulled pork (shoulder), beef brisket -with a little oil and whatever spices/flavour you like. I do ACV and pepper for pork and chilli mix for beef. Once they're cooked (6-8 hours on low will do) shred them with a fork and keep in the fridge. These can be reheated in a frying pan with any veg. If I'm doing this for myself I've also eaten out of the pan to save washing up.
  • Roast veg - you can combine different veg on a baking tray in the oven. I put a sweet potato in (wedges, slices or hassleback) then after 20 mins add another veg (broccoli, cauli, kale) until cooked. Saves different pans.
  • Cook and freeze - Make once and freeze in portions. I then take one out of the freezer on a night for the next day's lunch... Moussaka, Meatballs (minced meat, egg, herbs, garlic - mix together, form and shallow fry until cooked)
  • Prepare and freeze - these can be prepared and frozen so you just have to defrost and cook when needed. Parma ham wrapped chicken, marinated meat (put protein in a ziploc, add herbs and/or spices and freeze.
  • Make or buy cauliflower rice/couscous and freeze in portions. You can cook it from frozen in the steamer or oven and is a great addition to curries/stews.

The key though is to meal plan and to think about your cooking methods for each meal. If you're using the oven, think what else can go in the oven (like veg) rather than boiling or steaming. Similarly, if you're frying protein, chop veggies fine first and fry in the same pan.

It's a pain but once a month I spend a Saturday planning and buying in and Sunday making, probably takes about 6/7 hours total - and I have enough to freeze for lunches and half the dinners for the rest of the month. So I only have to cook from scratch when I feel like it or fancy something new.

Fish is also super quick to fry cook, with veg and salad you can have a meal in 15 minutes.

Hope this helps!

A big pan with chocolate chilli from the Well Fed books, divided in small portions. Freezes well, so great to make in advance and take with me for lunch. Same with bolognese sauce to go with courgettini.

day nine in the pocket!

meal 1, vegetable soup with a burger in small pieces. Meal 2: chilli. Meal 3 homemade Kung-Po with cocos aminos instead of soysauce. Had an egg with mayo as morning snack. Feeling good, sleeping like a baby. Not so very tired anymore. Tomorrow at one third.

we are the best!

This is my 3rd Whole 30 and I  can't believe tomorrow is Day 10 already.  I have been incredibly exhausted during it, but feel like I'm starting to turn a corner with that.  I am coming off of a Whole 30 earlier in the year and then Paleo with wine (a lot of wine so far this summer) and not eating meals but instead protein shakes and smoothies as I've been working a ton and don't want to cook.  I decided to do a Whole 30 as I felt like I was snacking too much and not eating well even though all of it is "paleo".  Now here I am - almost 10 days in - and feel like why didn't I want to cook before?  It's not that big of a deal.  The meal prep is going pretty well and my only complaint is being lethargic.  Today was the first day I worked out and last night I had a really good sleep.  Just wanted to join in - glad this thread was started.  

Well I fell off the bandwagon tonight - ordered pizza, breadsticks, brownies, the works.  I just haven't really felt any physical changes whatsoever.  I think even if I had felt negative changes I would stick with it because they describe that in the books but I just feel the same as always.  I did it more to try to break my sugar habit than anything else, but mentally I just don't think I was ready for it because I keep focusing on what I can't have instead of what I can have.  I have a fully stocked kitchen with lots of good food but I'm so tired of doing dishes and cooking constantly, I needed a break.  Maybe if I feel terrible after eating this junk food I'll hop back on and start over but I doubt it.  I am taking away some useful things (like that sugar is in everything!  Including many things it doesn't need to be in!) and will probably be more conscious about my food choices but it's just not for me right now.

Well I haven't posted since day 2 and 3 because I couldn't handle the criticism. I was obsessing about it and it was really bringing me down. But I've been following the program very closely this whole time and reading everyone's posts. From what I read, we are approaching the tough time where people want to quit...let's rally and keep it up! Let's pretend we are Olympic athletes and we have no choice but to keep on going!!! Don't give in for a few minutes of eating pizza...its not worth it!

I am feeling good!! I really don't feel much lighter physically, but I hope that will come in the near future. My mental clarity at work was amazing today...totally focused for many hours, even paying attention in meetings, which is SO unlike me! My workouts are pretty light, not as much energy in that area yet. Here's my foods for the day:

1: 2 eggs, homemade pico de gallo, shredded chicken, banana (yep! A banana for breakfast! You don't have to tell me that's not the best idea)

2: salad greens, 1/2 avocado, shredded chicken, 1/2 Roma tomato, handful of blueberries, no dressing since I forgot it at home.

3: Apple around 4:30 so I don't rip my kids heads off when I get home

4: small sweet potato, carrots w ghee, chicken sausages which I am 100% sure are compliant (that's what I got criticized about on day 2 and I was so mad! But I wasn't in my right mind so I apologize)

and EVERYDAY, when I get home, sparkling Topo Chico w lemon and sometime some other sliced fruit in it. I look forward to that almost like I did with wine!

so there you go. Let's show some support on this forum to help everyone get through it!!

Today was the best day of the program for me. I had crappy sleep last night, but I slept in accordingly. I made two Pinterest recipes and felt like I somehow broke the feminine curse of pinning and never following through. :lol:

Meals:

Breakfast: 2 pieces of bacon + 1 delightful heavenly egg scrambled in the bacon grease + 1 perfect peach

Lunch: ~1/3 sweet potato/onion/chorizo frittata

Dinner: 1 chicken breast fried and baked w/ onions, dried tomatoes, coconut milk, chicken broth, garlic, and other seasonings

I kind of out-proteined myself today, and I didn't eat enough veggies. But I didn't botch either of the recipes I tried, and I feel better today than I have since the beginning of the month. 

5 hours ago, VickiPWV said:

So I feel like crap today.  all day.  I have been tired but not like this.  Is this the "conversion" to fat burning? I have been eating on plan per template.  Just want to know that this to will pass.  Thanks in advance.

It's tough to say without actually knowing what you've been eating. Tiredness can come from a lack of fat, lack of salt, or lack of food in general. Can you give us a run down of the past 3-4 days worth of food, along with water intake, activity/stress levels etc.

It's worth considering that you are reaching the hardest point - the point when most people quit - hang in there & we'll see if we can't get you through it...

11 hours ago, cashnic72 said:

4: small sweet potato, carrots w ghee, chicken sausages which I am 100% sure are compliant (that's what I got criticized about on day 2 and I was so mad! But I wasn't in

Hey,

it was me that pulled you up on day 2 about the sausages - I'm really sorry that this came across as criticism and has kept you from posting since. It wasn't my intention at all.

I've mentioned before that (in my opinion!) the main thing is that you're sticking 100% to the rules regarding the food you eat - if you're not doing this you're not doing a Whole30, even if 99.9% of everything else you've eaten is compliant.

Regarding the meal template - it's strongly recommended to follow to get the best out of your Whole30, but not essential. I think several times people on this thread have beaten themselves up for eating more than three meals, or having fruit as snacks. This doesn't mean you've broken any rules and should feel guilty about it.

Can I suggest (for everyone) that if you want advice from others in the group on your meals that you ask for it in the post? This could be if you want to check your portions are right, that you've got enough fat, etc. Also if you're feeling a bit crappy, tired, want a moan then ask for help. Alternatively, there's the troubleshooting section on the forum that will give you answers pretty quickly from the mods. - I suggest this to stop anyone feeling that they're being criticised or receiving advice when they don't need/want it.

Otherwise, let's keep this a super supportive group where we're celebrating each day's successes, not perceived 'failings'.

Let's smash day 10 - it gets easier from tomorrow :)

Sarah xx

p.s. posted some super dooper quick Whole30 mini cucumber 'canapes' on my instagram yesterday. Would be great as a side or breakfast :).

7 hours ago, jmcbn said:

It's tough to say without actually knowing what you've been eating. Tiredness can come from a lack of fat, lack of salt, or lack of food in general. Can you give us a run down of the past 3-4 days worth of food, along with water intake, activity/stress levels etc.

It's worth considering that you are reaching the hardest point - the point when most people quit - hang in there & we'll see if we can't get you through it...

Ok here is the last 3 days:

breakfast: D1) 2 eggs with pork shoulder roast (3 oz) 1/2 avocado 1/4 cup pico de gallo scramble

D2) 2 eggs with sauteed zucchini, squash, and onion

Lunch: D1) large skinless boneless grilled chicken thigh with cilantro-lime mayo (whole30 recipe) raw baby carrots with a container of wholly guacamole

D2) veg salad with 6 oz grilled ribeye 1/2 avocado and basalmic vinagerette (whole 30 recipe)

Dinner: D1) large banana and classic almond butter-Justin's natural  (wasn't hungry but knew I needed to eat)

D2) large skinless boneless grilled chicken thigh with cilantro-lime mayo grilled zucchini/squash/onion  1/2 cup raspberries 8 cherry tomatoes

Snack on D2  prior to exercise: large banana with almond butter

exercise on D2 45 min brisk walking

yesterday Day3 I started the day like before with egg scramble and 1/2 hour before gym a large banana then I did workout for an hour but normally do 1 1/2 hour workout because I do 90 min - 45 min cardio  45 min weight training  yesterday 5 min cardio 50 min weight training.  it is longer bc I had to keep stopping bc feeling tired and light headed.  When I got home I was nauseated and exhausted.  I also drink lots of water!!! I went off the template at this point bc I hate to vomit.  I ate an hour later but only a veg salad with 1/2 cup raspberries and BV dressing.  It stayed down ok but continued to have nausea.  Had to take a nap bc just so tired.  continued to drink water but still had nausea. for dinner I ate bc it had been 6hours since lunch so I had a large banana and a cup of raw cashews.  I know this isn't enough but I was already nauseated and was trying to stay on plan I truly didnt want to eat but knew that would make it worse. 

whew!!! I think I got it all down. Thanks again in advance for the help!!!

@VickiPWV - ok, so there are a couple of things going on here. Most of your meals look ok to me, although some look a little small so you could be playing a bit of nutritional catch up. Breakfast on day 2 is light in protein & has no added fat. Dinner on day 1 is just a banana & nut butter & the same again for dinner on day 3. You're also just coming out of the tired stage of the program, so when you combine all of the above you can see why you might be struggling. 

We strongly recommend against eating fruit on it's own as a meal/snack as it impacts blood sugar, which in turn effects appetite, energy, mood, cravings etc. We also recommend that nuts/nut butters are eaten in moderation because they can be hard on the digestive system (& can quickly become a habit) so your body could be working hard to process that. Also we're trying to get you to become fat adapted here, but you're going into your work out topped up on sugar (banana) - another spike followed by a crash.

PreWO opt for protein & fat. You do not want to provide an immediate source of fuel in the form of fruit for your body to burn. PostWO opt for a lean protein & a starchy carb. Fruit postWO will replenish liver glycogen when you want to be replacing muscle glycogen. Keep your fruit for eating with or as part of template meals.

Not eating when hungry only perpetuates the problem so, as difficult as it might seem, we'd always suggest you still plate up a template meal, eat as much of it as you can (ensuring you get some of each food group) and then wrap up the remainder to eat as soon as  you feel able (ie. don't wait until your next meal). Your appetite will still come around again.

I think I've covered everything - hope this helps!

Archived