Whole30 and Paleo

I just posted my question in another spot then found this forum.. Duh! Well, I don't feel like typing out everything I just typed so I'll just quickly state my question. How does Whole30 and Paleo differ? I'm on day 19 of Whole30 and would like to eat relatively the same after this, but just maybe not so strict. What can I eat on Paleo that isn't allowed on Whole30? Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

There's no one set thing that is "paleo" -- different people interpret it different ways. There are people who eat some dairy, some who include rice, many who include paleo-fied desserts/treats. It really just depends on how each individual interprets it. Whole30 is very specific about what you can eat during an actual Whole30. They also have a variety of information about how to decide what to eat going forward, though they don't tell you exactly what to eat.

You do a whole30, and then you do reintroductions in which you carefully try out different types of food that aren't allowed on Whole30 and see how you react to them, physically and psychologically/emotionally. Once you've done that, you take the information you've gathered about how you feel when you have different foods, and use that to decide what non-Whole30 items you'll include in your life going forward and how often you'll have them.

I'd recommend reading about life after your Whole30, starting here or with the links in my signature. There are a lot of posts on the Whole30 blog about how to decide if foods are worth it after Whole30 and how to ride your own bike without getting completely off track as well.

Archived