What kinds of tea can I have?

Sarah Liz

Since we are talking tea..my new all time favorite is Numi Organic Chocolate Puerh. Ingredients: Organic Black Pureh tea, organic cocoa powder, organic vanilla beans, organic Rooibos, organic cinnamon, organic orange peel, organic nutmeg. It is so awesome.

Susan -

I can't remember - are you a coffee drinker? How's the depth of flavor in the chocolate puerh? I've gotta find a W30 complaint replacement for my Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Susan -

I can't remember - are you a coffee drinker? How's the depth of flavor in the chocolate puerh? I've gotta find a W30 complaint replacement for my Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice.

Robin, I meant to send you a PM telling you about my find because I remembered your love of the the Yogi and discovery of Stevia in it. I love the Puerh. I am a coffee drinker, but I gave it up for my W100 about 40 days in or so. I think it tastes rich and very yummy, but I haven't ever had the Yogi. I bought it on Amazon, but I think I saw it at WF.

Here's the link: :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002AR14WO/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just bought some hibiscus leaf from the bulk section of the health food store. Woah, that might convert me to regular tea drinking for fun. Seriously good. And nothing in it but hibiscus leaves.

This makes me want to go pull all the leaves off the hibiscus plants at Home Depot this summer.

This makes me want to go pull all the leaves off the hibiscus plants at Home Depot this summer.

I know, right? That stuff is so good. I remember drinking a sweetened version when I lived in Mexico years ago. It's called "jamaica" (pronounced hah-MAI-kah) and it was very refreshing. I'm loving the lighter taste of the unsweetened brew now.

I'm on a rosehips kick. Loving TJ's Crimson Blossom--rosehips, hibiscus, chamomile, dried apples, licorice root, rooibos, orange peel, and orange blossoms. Has 'natural flavors, but doesn't list soy lecithin, so I'm assuming it's okay. I'm pretty sure they have to list soy ingredients.

Wait, really? That's a new addition then, Susan. Mine doesn't have stevia in it

I wonder if the addition of stevia is new or is it old? I just bought this the other day (I hadn't even seen this post) and it does not list stevia at all.

Weird!

I apologize for this VERY basic question lol.. Is just plain black tea ok? I looked up the ingredients for black tea, and it only says "black tea leaves". I really like Red Rose Tea and even Lipton would do. Any help is greatly appreciated!! =)

I apologize for this VERY basic question lol.. Is just plain black tea ok?

Hi, oh yes, black tea is good. :) Being British this is the only thing we refer to as tea. Anything else is 'herbal tea', fruit tea', tisanes', 'rooibos', 'green tea' etc. It took me a while to get my head round calling them all 'tea' :)

Hi, oh yes, black tea is good. :) Being British this is the only thing we refer to as tea. Anything else is 'herbal tea', fruit tea', tisanes', 'rooibos', 'green tea' etc. It took me a while to get my head round calling them all 'tea' :)

When I was working at Starbucks I asked every single customer what kind of tea they wanted for days, until one of the other girls was kind enough to tell me that there's only one kind of tea in Britain.

I was looking for some herbal tea in the shop earlier and most of the ones I picked up have “natural flavours†listed in the ingredients.

I'd love some UK Whole30-approved brand recommendations.

I've made my Starbucks favorite (dirty chai) Whole30 compliant and it's not bad! It's brewed Tazo chai tea (no bad additives that I could find) with a shot of espresso only. I added a dash of cinnamon too. Anyone else tried this?

Robin thank you for this recommendation!!!! It was awesome!!!!!

I apparently made the mistake of ordering chai tea cold with an extra shot of espresso yesterday. Went today and I was told the chai tea when it's cold is sweetened. No wonder why it tasted so damn good!!!! I assume the hot way is not sweetened since everyone drinks?

I apparently made the mistake of ordering chai tea cold with an extra shot of espresso yesterday. Went today and I was told the chai tea when it's cold is sweetened. No wonder why it tasted so damn good!!!! I assume the hot way is not sweetened since everyone drinks?

I'll assume that you're still on about Starbucks... Starbucks sells two chai drinks.

One chai is just a tea bag that they would brew for you and then you could either have your drink hot or iced. (I've tried nearly every combination of ingredients that Starbucks has and would never have considered adding a shot of espresso to tea.)

The other is a "chai tea latte" which is a tea concentrate that's added to milk to make a milky chai drink. This is the drink that people usually add espresso to and the drink you'd get if you were to order a dirty chai. Either hot or cold the chai tea lattes have milk in them, and the chai tea concentrate is sweetened (with honey in the UK, if I remember right)

It's entirely likely that you got both milk and sweetener in your drink.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived