Starting Fires on Day 1

jlm3pc

Today is my first day of my first whole 30!! My boyfriend and I am doing it together, and we're both really excited about the changes we're making! I had the most interesting start to my morning that I figured I'd share because maybe it would make someone laugh or make someone who is starting the whole 30 more confident because they're already doing better than I am! 

I had just moved my spinach frittata from the stove top to the oven, and after four minutes, I opened the oven door to check on the frittata. Turns out my broiler rack was just a little too close to the top of the oven, and the handle on my brand new pan was on fire! I was able to get the fire put out (it was very small) but not before my fire alarm in my apartment started going off. I couldn't help but just stop and laugh at how great of a start things were off to. However, after I stopped the fire alarm and gathered myself, I realized that the frittata was still perfectly fine and it was probably one of the best breakfasts I've ever made for myself!

Despite a small setback this morning, I'm so excited to start the whole 30!! I'm ready to change my relationship with food, and I'm excited to see how it changes my life!! And here's hoping I don't burn down my entire apartment complex in the process  :P

jlm3pc-OMG that story is crazy and did make me laugh a little.  I'm glad that you are okay though and the frittata was still a success.  Today is my first day of my Whole 30 too and I decided to go with wilted spinach with eggs that were cooked in ghee.  Maybe I will get adventurous and try the frittata later this week.  Here's hoping that I don't burn my house down in the process either!   

Also drinking my coffee black this morning and it wasn't so bad.  Good Luck!

mk1106 - Good luck with your first day!! Yea so far, I'm doing fine and I'm definitely not hungry. The recipe says the fritatta is for two, but I didn't even eat half of it...leftovers for later this week! Thankfully, I'm not a big coffee person, so that part of the whole 30 won't be too bad!

Best of luck to you as well! Happy cooking :)

Archived