Larabars for breakfast...What's the harm?

amykhigdon

1 hour ago, Crastney said:

nobody has to follow any of the rules if they don't want to.  it's their choice.  that's the point.  we all make choices, good or bad.  the recomendations are there to make the process easier, and to get the best out of the rules.

do what you want, you're an adult.  We don't care.  but don't complain to us that it's not working, if you're only following half the plan, because we'll just say - 'we suggest you follow the recomendations, as well as the rules, to get the most out of the plan'

This post should be bronzed. :)

And personally, I feel better, work better, think better, move better and sleep better when I eat food, not "products." No Larabars or Rx bars for me, thanks. 

And again, for me, eating fruit and a handful of nuts on their own is a good way to dull my mine, decrease my energy levels, and upset my digestion. 

On 8/1/2016 at 2:58 PM, amykhigdon said:

I know you are right, I just don't like eating when I'm not hungry. I'm literally forcing myself to eat almonds. I guess I figured since the Larabars are sweet and go well with coffee, I wouldn't have to feel forced to eat it. But, I do agree. A real food meal template is best case scenario. I'm just not sure I have it in me for best case scenario...especially during the work week. But, I'll try. I know I need to try. 

As a former non-breakfast eater myself, you can train your body to expect and want breakfast.  It just takes time.  Make a template meal, eat as much as you can.  If you can't eat it all, pack it up and eat it as soon as you can.  Rinse and repeat.  It might take a couple of weeks, but soon your body will be reprogrammed and you will wake up hungry and eager to eat a meal :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2016 at 2:39 PM, Karen_Suep said:

To get the full benefits of whole 30 you need to eat within an hour of waking.

I don't remember reading that. I take synthroid for hypothyroid and am not supposed to eat for at least 30 minutes after taking it. So I usually wait and eat breakfast at work, 1.5 hours after I wake up.

12 minutes ago, Guadopt1997 said:

I don't remember reading that. I take synthroid for hypothyroid and am not supposed to eat for at least 30 minutes after taking it. So I usually wait and eat breakfast at work, 1.5 hours after I wake up.

I take synthroid also and must wait an hour before eating. I try to eat right at the one hour mark but sometimes get too rushed on mornings I teach and so I eat at work, closer to the 1.5 hour mark. Eating within an hour of waking helps regulate your hormones and helps you become fat-adapted. 

• Moderators

Eating within an hour of waking is what helps regulate your hormones to a proper wake up and eat habit.  You don't HAVE to do it but it may drastically improve your energy levels, later day cravings and sleep patterns.  Can you take the syn when you first wake up and then eat a half hour later?  If not, 1.5 hours is not so bad...

11 hours ago, Guadopt1997 said:

Maybe I'll try taking the synthroid before lunch going forward!

Don't do that without checking with your endocrinologist! 

The common alternative is to take synthroid at bedtime--IF your dinner is early AND not carb-heavy. (It never worked for me although now that I don't eat after 8 PM it might.)

Most people need an empty stomach to absorb synthroid. 

It also interacts with many supplements, so, e.g. I have to take my iron in the PM and my Vitamin D at lunch. 

1 hour ago, ArtFossil said:

Don't do that without checking with your endocrinologist! 

The common alternative is to take synthroid at bedtime--IF your dinner is early AND not carb-heavy. (It never worked for me although now that I don't eat after 8 PM it might.)

Most people need an empty stomach to absorb synthroid. 

It also interacts with many supplements, so, e.g. I have to take my iron in the PM and my Vitamin D at lunch. 

Even if there was a medical doctor on staff, they couldn't diagnose anyone's condition over the internet without knowing every medication, full history, blood tests and so on. It would be nye impossible to do it at a passing glance.

Each of us are a unique universe unto ourselves. Meds and medical conditions, ask your doctor what's right for you. The combination of each person's meds can react differently in each person.  

No one can prognosticate what may happen. All medical conditions are best left in the hands of a medical professional.  Always, always, always.

Archived