Whole30 got me pregnant! Now attempting this with Morning Sickness..tips?

After 3 years of trying to get pregnant, including fertility treatments, I found the Whole30.  I ate the Whole30 lifestyle for 5 months or so, and started noticing my periods going from my normal 6 weeks down to a regular 4. Wow! That had never happened! Low and behold, before I started my second IVF transfer, we got pregnant on our own.  It wasn't a fast process, but I attribute so much of this to eating the whole30 way. 

So the first month of pregnancy, I just ate what I wanted. Let the paleo lifestyle go.  Turns out, that just doesn't feel good anymore. I'm 7 wks now, and I'm going to hop back into the whole30 lifestyle tomorrow, but thinking of making an exception for Saltines.. I know that defeats the purpose, but what else helps with that god-awful "I'm going to puke" sensation??

Also, my body has such an aversion to meat right, specifically chicken. The smell makes me want to vomit.  So this is going to be a challenge.  But, I know it will be best for my body. 

Any tips on how to get back into greens and proteins and no grains when dealing with morning, noon, and night nausea?

Congratulations girl! I'm so happy for you!!! I'm only 5 weeks right now so I morning sickness hasn't been too bad yet, but I'm definitely seeing more than with my last pregnancy!!! I've found that having a plan for what I will eat if I feel good and a plan for what I'll eat if I don't feel good really helps me. Ginger and peppermint teas have been a lifesaver so far!!! (I even put a mint tea bag or some orange juice in my water bottle when I'm thirsty but can't stomach water) Also, having my breakfast prepped the night before (so far cauli-rice and pork carnitas has hit the spot) so I just have to microwave it, not cook it, really seems to help. I've found the longer I go without food the sicker I feel, but when I eat several small whole30 meals I feel much better throughout the day.

Archived