Milestones in behavioral changes

M_Maloney

My first 30 days were a challenge with chronic sinusitis and two rounds of prednisone, which made me hungry, but after the first 30 days my doctor told me to cut my blood pressure medicine in half even though I had only lost 12 lbs. This encouraged me to keep going and it's now become a lifestyle without reintroducing anything. But the most exciting part for me happened this weekend when I went to the movie theatre. For the first time in memory I sat through a movie without popcorn, candy or soda, and they're right...  it wasn't hard at all. What are some milestones in your journey?

Congrats on your weight loss. 12 pounds is significant.

One milestone I have reached is not thinking about weighing myself everyday. This was the hardest part of W30 for me.

I've finished 21 days and I'm excited to weigh on day 31, but weighing is not a driving force anymore.

I no longer respond to anxiety, depression, or stress by binge eating! Quite the opposite, actually... When my stress got out of control today, I found I couldn't eat until I'd let out my frustration. Once my mind felt better, my body was ready to move forward.

Archived