Uses for Basic Mayo

Haysmith91

I LOVE the basic mayo recipe from the Whole30 book! I've used it for the base of certain sauces and dressings (from the Whole30 book) and also to hold together my protein salad (the traditional recipe in the book = heaven). Just curious, what do other people use basic mayo in or on?

P.S. On day 5 and loving every second of it! No desire to Kill All the Things (yet anyway...haha)

I made a pesto like dip today. I cut up basil and finely shopped some pine nuts and mixed in mayo with garlic powder and a little bit of olive oil. Mmmmmmmm.... It was great. I have also used it with taco seasoning to make a southwest dip.

• Moderators

I dip vegetables in it. Roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes are really good dipped in mayo, but really, any vegetable, raw or cooked, works great. Really, any meal where I'm not sure what fat to use, mayo seems to work really well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Whole30 Certified Coach

Everything :)

Here is another idea: ranch dressing - there is a dump ranch recipe out there where you start with oil, egg, seasonings but if you've got the mayo already - 1/2 c mayo, 1/4 coconut cream (thick canned stuff), 1-2 tbsp water to thin it.  Season with lemon juice, red wine vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, dried chives. 

Here is my favorite recipe - I just start with ready made mayo.  

Archived