Day 4: Feeling Confused

jlm3pc

I'm doing my first whole 30 and I'm on day 4! I'm kind of confused because I haven't hit these dramatic energy lows and "kill all the things" phases that the book talks about. I didn't feel like I really ate that healthy beforehand either. I rarely drink soda and try to eat healthy but I still pigged out on sweets regularly.

The only thing I can think of to explain this is that I've been so excited to start the Whole30 for almost a month now and I've been prepping my kitchen and my pantry like crazy. Do you think it's possible that my strong desire to learn how to cook and excitement to start the program are mentally keeping me from feeling bad? It just seems like it's something that's almost inevitable from the way the book describes it and I'm surprised that I haven't had these intense episodes of exhaustion or hormonal change yet.

Did this happen to other people?

Hmmm, if you've been preparing for a month, you may have subconsciously changed your habits over that month. It's also possible that your lack of exhaustion is psychosomatically inspired. If you have been changing your habits, it would have been a slow roll into the program, which would have helped most people avoid those initial periods of distress.

Archived