So tired - need positivity

Just need some inspiration. I'm on Day 7 and I'm so exhausted. I felt fantastic the first 5 days, been feeling cranky, pessimistic, annoyed, but mostly just so tired yesterday and today. I've been eating according to plan and have done light exercise 6/7 days. I know this fatigue is expected on days 6/7, but does anyone have any tips or advice or wisdom on how to push past it and stay positive?

Rest, sleep. If even light exercise is wearing you out, ease back. You're already eating much better than before. This is an opportunity to also really pay attention to your body and minister to it as necessary.

Can you post a few days worth of your food/liquid intake so we can take a look? It could be that the composition of your meals needs some tweaking... Some  tiredness is to be expected, but it can also come from a lack of fat, lack of salt, and/or lack of water. Are you salting your food (our sodium intake can drop by up to 75% when we switch to a whole food diet), and drinking the recommended half an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily?

Can you post a few days worth of your food/liquid intake so we can take a look? It could be that the composition of your meals needs some tweaking... Some tiredness is to be expected, but it can also come from a lack of fat, lack of salt, and/or lack of water. Are you salting your food (our sodium intake can drop by up to 75% when we switch to a whole food diet), and drinking the recommended half an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily?

My food is in the thread "My First Whole30" in Your Whole30 log section. My water intake is between 64 and 96 oz per day. I definitely salt all my food - I've actually been worried that I put too much on, good to know I need to be eating it. I probably could increase my fat intake.

I don't think you're eating enough fat. In the first lot of days where you were eating a half an avocado, but you've dropped that down to a quarter, and that's not nearly enough, and considering it's the fat that provides your energy it's no wonder you're exhausted. And some of your meals don;t have any added fat at all.

Increase the fat and you should start to feel better, but your body will be playing nutritional catch up for a few days.

On August 7, 2016 at 4:04 AM, jmcbn said:

I don't think you're eating enough fat. In the first lot of days where you were eating a half an avocado, but you've dropped that down to a quarter, and that's not nearly enough, and considering it's the fat that provides your energy it's no wonder you're exhausted. And some of your meals don;t have any added fat at all.

Increase the fat and you should start to feel better, but your body will be playing nutritional catch up for a few days.

Thanks so much! I will focus on adding fat to each meal this week.

6 minutes ago, Haysmith91 said:

Thanks so much! I will focus on adding fat to each meal this week.

You're welcome :)

Having looked at your log again earlier you could also do better if you built better template meals - I get that you were away for the weekend, so no pressure LOL but going forward it will bring you much improved results....

Archived