the synergy company, green superfood

lilouwhite

Hi everyone,

I started the whole30 13 days ago, before i use to have a teaspoon of the original superfood from the synergy company mixed with some water and it gave me a lot of energy.

I m not sure though that it's 100% compliant even though i don't see why it wouldn't be.

It's gluten and sugar free but I'd rather ask to be sure , i attached the list of ingredients, thanks in advance for helping me!

post-99297-0-96524800-1470485715_thumb.j

Okay wheat grass looks like it's okay per Melissa

Melissa Hartwig

Whole30 Co-Founder

• photo-thumb-3.jpg?_r=1450711384
  • Administrators
  • w9team.png
  • 498 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, UT

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

You can totally have wheat grass (although I'm not sure why anyone would want to - yuck.) wink.png The plant matter part of wheat isn't problematic - all the potentially nasty stuff is concentrated in the seed. So wheat grass is A-OK on the program.

Melissa

But it looks like the sprouted grains are not allowed:

• Do not eat grains. This includes (but is not limited to) wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, rice, millet, bulgur, sorghum, amaranth, buckwheat, sprouted grains and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa. This also includes all the ways we add wheat, corn and rice into our foods in the form of bran, germ, starch and so on. Again, read your labels.

• Moderators

This product is NOT okay during a Whole30 based upon the sprouted grains - millet and quinoa. Also, this product is not okay because it is processed marketing hype. This is not real food. Real food does not come in a powder. 

We want you eating real food during a Whole30. We want you to learn to eat real food as a normal part of your life. Eating food powder mixed with water does not give you the experience we want you to get.

Archived