Loraine's ongoing Paleo life

Loraine

Now into phase 2 - transition.

Not going to be do different from Whole 30.

Walked the dogs after their brekky and before mine for about an hour.

1st meal 2 eggs and bacon

2nd meal handfull of nuts

3rd meal fish in almond crumbds, fried in pork lard served with steamed asparagus,

In additon 2 cups of real coffee

small hand of roasted almonds

Fuji Apple

Day 2 of transition

All of my mornings start with a cup of tea whilst I am putting on the face and doing the hair.

Breakfast was a paleo muffin.

Lunch 6 chicken wings

Dinner will be fish with asparagus again. Lovely local fresh fish and aspagus (season for asparagus is so short I like to eat as much as I can when I can get locally it grown). I will use wraps for the fish and asparagus tonight. I have 4 strawberries and some blueberries to have with coconut cream.

Monday.

No more off track for me! i I have been tired all weekend, and pains I had not noticed for a few weeks have returned to my upper arms and shoulder, LESSON LEARNED!!!!! Starchy cabs and bad fats so do not agree with me.

Back to clean eating.

Boiled eggs for breakfast

Lunch Chicken wings

Dinner curried mince with veggies.

Tuesday - feeling normal again.

Been to the Spud Shed for fresh veggies and fruit, also free range meats, so I bought some pork strips (belly portk) and some Liver and lamb chops.

Breakfast was Fake bread with fruit spread

Lunch will be pork

Dinner wil be lamb chops and asparagus and artichoke followed by some mixed blue and straw berries with coconut cream.

Snack one Fuji Apple

Feeling absolutely great!!! I must keep this in mind, no more crap foods!!!!

Breakfast was fake bread with a poached egg and 3 baby toms

Lunch was port strips, all nice and crunhy ad shared with my dog Iggy.

Dinner - curried mince over zucchini noodles.

Snack 1 paleo cookie and a cup of real coffee.

Snack one Fuji Apple

Still feeling great!!!! Noticed this morning that lower back pain is not there YAY!!

Breakfast was fake bread and 3 eggs scrambled

Banana

Fake bread and Almond butter

Dinner will be cold lamb chops with asparagus and coleslaw berries and coconut cream.

Wow I have just had my first taste of Almond Butter (found some in a health store) if it was not so expensive it could become a habit LOL.

Loraine, your menu sounds delicious! It's good you're getting clear signals about what works and doesn't work for you. I'm 8 days post-Whole30 and haven't tried any food that I would consider crap food yet, but reintroduction hasn't suggested any particular food group is a problem (*maybe* dairy--going to have to reintroduce that one again). I need to eat a big pile of fish and chips to get some straightforward information :-)

Thanks for your comments Allie, much appreciate feedback.

I had no symtoms of reactions to any foods, but I thought I would try and introduce food back gently - and fish and chips I do not recommend LOL.

Saturday

Brekkie - poached egg on fake bread

Lunch - Muffin and something like a Lara bar

Dinner - crustless spinach quiche - YUMMO, blueberries and coconut cream

Other - tea, coffee, water

Sunny Sunday

Foods so far - banana muffin

A piece of that lovely quiche

Main meal of today will be fresh prawns cooked in coconut oil and possilby a salad or asparagus and cabbage. 4 strawberries from the garden with coconut cream.

Other - water, tea, coffee, apple with almond butter (this might become a new habit)!

Rainy Monday

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs with fake bread

Lunch - raided the freezer - cauli rice, beef and broc curry, apple with cashew butter

Dinner will also be beef and broc curry with zucchini noodles for a change.

Tea, coffee, water

Moody Tuesday

Been to the Spud Shed - got fresh local rhubarb YUMMO!!! local strawberries, sweet spud for the dogs dinner, bag of local capsicums all red and orange.

Breakfast - fried egg and bacon

Lunch - apple and cashew butter, small hand of roast almonds

Dinner - spinach quiche with mixed salad, strawberries and coconut cream.

Other tea, coffee, water

Wednesday

Breakfast - Fake bread and 2 eggs scrambled, apple and almond butter

Being taken out for lunch. It was a lovely restaurant with great company. Bruschetta with chicken, tomato and melted cheese and french fries. Now to see how that settles on my stomach.

Unsurprisingly I was bloated and fell asleep in the afternoon. That is what white bread always has done to me.

Thursday

Breakfast - 1 egg and 2 slices bacon fried in home made lard

Lunch - Avocado, fake bread, pate

Dinner - salad and quiche

Other - apple and paleo choc fudge, tea, coffee, water

added strong espresso milk, never again.

Due to the addition of milk to my diet I did not sleep well, felt bloated and full of gas and loose stools, also a weight gain overnight!

Breakfast - 1 egg poached on fake bread

Lunch - crispy bacon and pate, apple and almond butter (must stop eating that stuff)

Saturday, where did it go?? I had a poached egg on fake bread, no lunch, a banana muffin, no dinner.

Now it is Sunday.

Breakfast was eggs and bacon with peppers and tomatoes, kinda heuvos racheros thing

1 banana muffin

Salad and tuna in oil

other Coffee, tea, water

Tuesday

Weekly trip to the Spud shed - love that place. Free range pork belly, free range bacon, home cured pancetta bits, locally grown baby beetroots, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, Fuji apples.

Forgot to have breakfast

Beef in wine for lunch

dinner will be something with salad (the baby beets are already roasted so I will do something with them for the salad).

Dinner was prawns adn pancetta bits fried in coconut oil, served on a mixed salad.

other Coffee, tea, water

Wednesday

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs and my fake bread with butter

Lunch - Belly pork strips, apple

Dinner - Small rack of lamb with fresh artichokes

Other Coffee, tea, water

Make the spinach quiche - very handy to have in the fridge.

Thursday

Breakfast - 2 eggs and bacon fried in coconut oil.

Lunch - Spinach quiche and salad

Dinner - Fillet of salmon in coconut oil, mixed salad was not really hungry so had a piece of my fake bread with natural fig jam.

Other - tea, coffee, water, apple

Friday

Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled on fake bread (the bread is just eggs, seeds and a mashed banana) (shared the egg with the dog LOL)

Lunch - Lara type bar

Dinner - Fillet of salmon braised on a bed of white cabbage and zoodles with some herbs - yummy.

Other - tea, coffee, water, apple

Sunday

Visit with the neighbour and dog. Absolutely wild weather with heavy rain and hailstones - it is nearly summer here.

Went to the shops with neighbour and forgot food, not hungry. Came home and made a coconut milk and banana and choc milk shake.

Dinner will be bacon and lambs kidneys and egg and some veggies.

Archived