Loraine's ongoing Paleo life

Loraine

Monday - still miserable and overcast and I'm back in winter clothes. :o

3 scrambled eggs on fake bread

Lunch - stress

Dinner egg, bacon lambs kidneys, tomatoes

Stress levels are really high. Big row with son on Skype (he is in the UK) and now I am planning to return to England in the middle of next year as they are not coming back to Australia! At least I am not diving into blocks of chocolate etc.

Tuesday - Spud Shed day!!!

Bought some lovely FR pork and lamb and beef. Some great local apples, spinach, asparagus, leeks.

Went for morning tea at Gaye's on the way back with Jacquie and had a lovely time. (I must get out and about more).

Breakfast - poached egg on fake bread

Morning tea - 1 small choc biscuit (cookie)

Later a handful of almonds and an apple.

Thursday (now 1305)

Not had anything to eat yet as I noticed an FB message to meet with a lady friend with about 10 minutes to spare. Was just about to cook breakfast but hit the road instead, now three coffee's later i am buzzed and hungry. For the first time in years, if not ever, I am feeling hunger pangs so I shall go make a mushroom omlette.

Dinner was lamb chops and red and white cabbage.

Kirsteen this is the fake recipe I use

Revolution Rolls (from Dr A's book and adjusted to to work better for Paleo)

3 eggs separated

1/4 tsp cream of tartar

pinch of salt

1 pkg splenda (I leave this out most of the time and add cinnamon or other herb and/or spices)

3 tbsp softened banana or other mashed food (pumpkin, avocado)

Line a 9in x 11in cookie sheet (with sides) with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150C).

I add a small handful of crushed flax seeds and any other paleo seeds I have (such as pumpkin).

In a large bowl whip the egg whites with the cream of tartar and salt till very, very stiff. To test, turn bowl upside down and if the batter doesn't slip, it's stiff enough. In a smaller bowl mix the egg yolks with the splenda and mashed fruit/veg.

Carefully fold the yolk mixture into the whites mixture. Deflate as little as possible. Pour into the pan and spread gently over the bottom.

Bake for about 45 - 55 minutes. The top should be a very, very light golden colour and should feel spongy, almost moist.

Allow to cool for 10 minutes and peel parchment paper off. Cut into 6 equal pieces.

I keep it in a ziplock bag in the fridge for use.

Not sure if I can put this in the recipe section as it is considered SWPO.

Monday

Breakfast - 2 eggs and bacon fried in pork fat.

Lunch - a Paleo Pure Wrap around lettuce and chicken. I find those wraps to be a bit sweet on the tongue, so I may try wrapping them around fruit (and not buying any more).

Dinner - Chicken and salad.

Must make a spinach quiche as I am out tomorrow morning and Thursday morning (at the dentist).

Tuesday - Spud Shed Day.

Got a haul of local asparagus, avocados ( small, but good or one), Fuji apples, local Mangoes and bananas, blueberries, strawberries. got some loal lamb breast chops, pork skin, grass fec local beef mince.

Now to start cooking!

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs and fake bread

Rest of the day -pork crackle, very small peach, banana and coconut milk shake

Wednesday

Breakfast - Fake bread with 2 scrambled eggs

Lunch - Lara type bar

Dinner - lamb rack and asparagus and other veggies

Other - tea, coffee, water

Cooked up some banana, nut muffins and a spinach quiche (with some cheese added).

Thursday

Breakfast - banana - had to go visit the dentist for a check up - filling dropped out whilst I was there!

Lunch - banana nut muffin.

Dinner - chicken, leek, onion stew, apple and choc fudge (Paleo compliant)

Other - tea coffee, water

• 2 weeks later...

Archived