Paranoid About Reintroduction

So my husband and I are finishing our first W30 on Tuesday and starting our reintroduction on Wednesday (the 10th) however looking over the Fast Track plans I'm being a little paranoid and want to confirm with everyone here that our thinking isn't flawed.

The "Order" of reintroduction is just a suggestion - right?

I ask this for 2 reasons

1) First thing on the list is Alcohol... and he and I drink really only during the holidays (My father makes the BEST Eggnog). Or I have a glass of wine after a long day at work (But I have made it through this W30  month without needing/wanting it....and with the month I've had I'm convinced I no longer 'need it' after the stressful days. NSV!!)  

2) My husband is allergic to legumes and, again, I only have them once in a while (when we go out to eat mostly).  It is not something we keep in the house.

So both of those things we do not see a need to 'reintroduce' and have them for the sake of having them.  I am confident that when/if we do use these things we will be aware of the changes as we plan on continuing with a mostly Paleo/W30 diet going forward.

What he and I both agree we are still wanting is Dairy. (Cheeseburgers are loved by us both and he's missing it something terribly in his coffee as his allergies prevent him from using both Coconut and/or Almond milk >.<)  However this is next to last on the re-introduction list.  i would just like to make sure it's not down there for a reason and it would be OK to start with dairy.

Yes, I'm paranoid.  But we've been SOOO good and I would hate to screw it up now. 

Thanks!

~Mel

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love clarification on this, too. I feel certain that I've read somewhere (can't remember whether its here on the Whole30 site or in the book) that the order is just a suggestion. At the same time, I clearly re-read in the book last night that the gluten-containing grains are added last in the reintro because they are the "nastiest." So if dairy is next to last in their suggested reintro, is it the second nastiest?

I think it depends on how you are feeling. I'm very curious to see how my body responds. For example, I don't feel like I've ever had an issue with dairy, but when I was eating all the stuff all the time and feeling generally not great, who is to say what the actual cause was! So maybe dairy is my enemy. We shall see!

• Moderators

You can do your reintroductions in any order you wish.

Do remember that you leave out the reintroduced items for the rest of your reintroductions, so if you have dairy on day 31, no matter whether you have noticeable reactions or not, you won't have dairy again until you are completely done with your other reintroductions. 

Just finished my Whole 30! Dairy is what i miss the most as well. I can't eat another burger without cheese:) Scared to each much else though. Don't want to gain all the weight back. Will be adding back brown rice and black beans. Oh and of course a little alcohol. 

Archived