Start over? I ate a donut hole :(

hopetc

• Moderators

Derval is right that gluten is a big deal that messes with your gut and warrants starting over. In addition, I think caving in to a craving and eating a donut warrants starting over. It is one thing to overlook an ingredient or to discover after the fact that there was sugar or dairy in a sauce and another thing to say to yourself, "What the heck, I am going to eat a donut." You deserve a real Whole30, not one riddled with holes.

I figured ;)

It was such a DUMB thing to do. It was in a group setting and I made it through the majority then someone was saying how amazing they were. Next everyone is trying one and saying how they are the best donut they've ever had. Now....I have a softness for donuts, but only certain ones are worth it and I just felt I had to know if this place really made the cut. Ugh! I really had hoped I'd immediately 'feel' it, a headache or stomach ache, but I did not notice any difference.

Well, WAS it the most amazing donut ever?

It was good, but still does not compare with my favorite donut shop that really does have the most amazing donuts. Today I successfully sat through a meeting for an hour with a huge box of donuts that did look really good right in the middle of the table so I could smell them constantly and I was the only one at the table who did not have one. Rough at points but once it was over it was out of my mind.

Way to go! I had to buy baked goods for a breakfast at my son's school last night and it was torture. The shopping was harder than the breakfast because I was in parts of the grocery store I've been avoiding and seeing and smelling all of those things that I know aren't good for me but look and smell so good.

I just want to say you should be SO proud of yourself. You could have kept going and pretended the donut never happened. But, you owned up to it, and really knew the right thing to do even before you asked the question.

Well done!

It was good, but still does not compare with my favorite donut shop that really does have the most amazing donuts. Today I successfully sat through a meeting for an hour with a huge box of donuts that did look really good right in the middle of the table so I could smell them constantly and I was the only one at the table who did not have one. Rough at points but once it was over it was out of my mind.

Okay..I would just move on from donuts whether they are amazing or not. The donuts will still be there after your Whole 30.

Archived