Email Addy's

MeadowLily

• Moderators

Hi, MeadowLily, can you see other people's email addresses? Have you checked? I do see other people's but I don't know if that's because mods have different permissions.  If you can see other people's too, I'll figure out who to talk to about it, because I don't really like the idea of email addresses being public either.

• Moderators

I just logged myself out to see and I can't see your email address but can as a moderator.  Not sure if that's because logged out I would be a guest or because no one else can.  Do check Shannon's or my profile and see if you can see ours... I doubt you can, but I do know who to talk to if it's a glich.

Thanks, Shannon.  Sure do appreciate it.  Honestly,  I'm not comfortable with my email showing publically at all.  

Wouldn't the site administrator be enough for forum purposes.

This week, Maw's computer was taken over by Ransomware. It destroyed her computer. Email addy's are personal and easily taken from any website.  A new creepy scam in our newspaper...people's Rx's/emails have been breeched. They've hacked into grocery store pharmacies.  My neighbor is getting calls telling him every Rx he takes in exact amounts and the crooks are offering to send him his Rx's by mail if he'll only give out his credit card #'s and personal info.  Maw fell for it.  The less that's out there for the crooks the better off we are.  Our personal info is really important.

While I'm at it, might as well  give you a heads up about another scam down the road.  TV outfits (cable, dish) scammers are emailing/calling people on the phone..telling them that their boxes and dishes need to be updated.  Asking for credit card #'s.  They're posing as the TV people,  coming into homes and are robbing people of Rx's in the house.  Ayup.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2016 at 10:00 AM, ShannonM816 said:

Hi, Shannon.  

I've noticed all siggies are no longer visible when I'm not logged on my computer - so it's not only while being on the phones.  It is more streamlined and takes up less space now.   computer man smiley

Archived