I unintentionally blew it. Starting Over after day 15.

shelley417

I have this wonderful colleague at work who is in the process of losing 50 lbs on a low carb diet. We eat lunch of ether on Fridays and last Friday I shared with him a delicious spaghetti squash and meat sauce. Today he brought in to share with me a Moriccan Chicken soup that he made from "scratch". He assured me ir was chicken, vegetables and spices. It was terrific but about 20 minutes later I started feeling really crappy-- sort of jittery and mildly nauseous. I asked him again and it turns out he used Swansons boxed chicken soup as the base. I looked up the ingredients and yuck!!!! Autolized Yeast extract, corn syrup, MSG, hydrologized soy protein, dextrose. How many more disgusting things could there be in it?

What a lesson in how far my body had adapted to clean eating after only 15 days. So, I am starting over. I hit the restart button on my Whole 30 forum. I think the "punishment" is that I have to pay $14.95 again. There goes my purchase of Well Fed which I have been eyeing for a week. I am a perfectionist by heart. I was doing great on the Whole 30. Didnt even mmiss the wine (big surprise) and totally over my addiction to boxed almond milk. Iam really disappointed in myself but I am determined to go to November 7th and be so proud when I complete the Whole 30 clean.

It sucks that it's sooo not your fault you were literally tripped up but I like your attitude to it - just jump right in at the beginning again. Besides there's things now you know you will not be trying to reintroduce after it, since you already know how much they upset you.

Good luck on the restart

:( I am so sorry. Just hit the imaginary "delete" button and start a new day w/new potential. You made it this far; you can do the "Whole30," too! I guess it just goes to show that one person's "made from scratch" isn't always the same as another person's. :huh:

Hang in there!

Are you talking about the $14.95 for the Whole 30 daily? I don't think they charge you again to restart. I reset before and did not pay again.

Yeah I don't think so, they aren't that mean!

Funny how diff people view "from scratch", like those "recipes" you see on pinterest that mix a tub of cool whip with a box cake mix :rolleyes:

what a pita, but fair play to you for handling the situation so well, have an awesome round#2

Dont be too hard on yourself! You're able to ID what ingredients are bothering you and that is a success in itself! I second the suggestion to just do a 45 day challenge if you're worried about it affecting the 30. You're still doing great! :D

I want to thank you all for your kind, supportive and sympathetic replies. I thought a lot about starting over today. I want to get this really right and I know it's for my best that I start over. If i just added on i woukd have felt like i was cheating myself. I set some different goals for this time. I want to exercise better portion control and commit to exercise. I love cooking but i would like to try to simplify my menus so thst i sm not spending too much time in the kitchen after work. I DID get a free do-over of the Whole 30 daily and I actually enjoyed reading day 0 again. There is always something to learn the second time around. I have learned a lot in the first 15 days and I am happy to continue on the journey. Thanks again.

I am a pain to follow in the supermarket, as I am a label reader. There are so many unpronouncable things in some foods, if I don't recognise an ingredient I don't buy it! I found in the US that there are so many 'foods' that have no real ingredients in them and the rest of the world is following on.

We just don't know what others are feeding us and the 'made from scrath' can certainly be different things to different folks.

I am so sorry this happened to you, but your mind is in the right place to jump right back in. I make a mistake 2 weeks into my first

Whole30 and just added 30 days from the slip up.

Archived