Trader Joe's Almond Milk

decker_bear

Hey all, wondering if Trader Joe's unsweetened almond milk is compliant? Last time around I made my own, but I am much busier now than last time and looking to cut a few corners if possible to save some time. TJs has some ingredients I don't recognize, but so did another brand that a moderator had said was compliant. 

Thanks! 

147067521411145097112.jpg

• Administrators

Which ingredient are you not sure of? This would be fine based on the Rules and the "Can I Have" document. You can also review the Common Additives Sheet for further info.

These can be found by googling "Whole30 Rules", "Whole30 Can I Have" and "Whole30 Common Additives"

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

Which ingredient are you not sure of? This would be fine based on the Rules and the "Can I Have" document. You can also review the Common Additives Sheet for further info.

These can be found by googling "Whole30 Rules", "Whole30 Can I Have" and "Whole30 Common Additives"

You can definitely find almond milk that doesn't have that long list of ingredients.  Generally, the more pronouncable and easy to understand, the better when picking packaged products, but LadyShanny is right, this is technically compliant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2016 at 11:25 AM, SugarcubeOD said:

You can definitely find almond milk that doesn't have that long list of ingredients. 

I'm sure that's true! If I had the time to go searching for it, I'd just make my own instead. :wub: Trying to navigate a Whole30 with as little free time as I have right now is very challenging. This particular almond milk is available at a store I already shop at, so if it's compliant, then the long list of ingredients is going to win out over stopping at another store. :ph34r:

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, KelleyB said:

What is the title of the brand? I think I've seen something similar- I was wondering about tricalcium phosphate and the dipotassium phosphate. Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find those on the additive allow sheets. 

These are both okay.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Ed Howell said:

Hey, but this says "less that 1 gram of sugar---doesn't that rule it out

Look at the ingredients list. If they've added sugar or other sweeteners, they'll be listed there. 

Nuts, fruits, and vegetables all contain naturally occurring sugars, so when the list the nutritional information with the calories and fat grams and grams of sugar, they list the amount of all the sugar in the product, even the naturally occurring stuff. But whole30 isn't concerned with sugars that are naturally part of a food, only with sugars and sweeteners that are added to foods.

Archived