Binge eater completed with successes

Bruce M

I just finished my Whole 30! I have been binge eater for decades, especially with sweets and snacks like chips and dips and popcorn.  I almost always overate with huge meals at dinner, snacks before dinner and evening eating.  I had my doubts about whether I could finish. It was often hard  and I went up and down in how I felt until the very end.

I had some good successes. Just going 30 days without sugar and stevia was huge for me. I made sure to eat enough, but did not overeat, without really struggling after the first few days.

I almost completely stopped snoring -- good for my sleep and my wife's. I felt much better and had more energy and focus. (Today, day 32, is a little muddled because I had a bad reaction to rice reintroduction on day 31).  My mood, which often swings a lot from a medical condition, has been much more stable. My clothes fit looser and belt has gone down a notch.

Now for the weight part - I lost between 12 and 15 pounds. 12 when I weighed the afternoon of day 31, 15 when I weighed first thing in the morning on day 32 -- the time of day I weighed before.

So, yaay and thank you Whole30!

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats!  I am in day 15 and feeling great.  I can relate to the snacking issue - that was my downfall.  Within an hour of a meal, I was thinking about my next meal and how long I would have to wait for a snack.  Salty, crunchy things like chips, popcorn, cheese and crackers were especially hard to resist.  This has totally turned around for me.   Glad it has for you too!  Congrats again!

I'm really happy to hear this as I'm a binge eater too.  I've had bouts with binging/purging as well and feel I've really messed up my body and metabolism because of it.  I was hoping the Whole 30 would be an answer to most, if not all, of my problems (especially binging on sweets which are my weakness) so I'm really happy to hear you've had success! Way to go and keep up the healthy habits!

Archived