Starting Today.... Looking for group support!

PaolaA

Ok si how is everybody feeling? I hope that GREAT as it is our last 3 days ...  By now we all will have a different meal template ... A lot like doing whole30 most is the time 

I have learnt a lot about new recipes... I quit snacking which was rather a habit in my daily routine ... And definitely fee good and with great energy 

As I told you before ... I will keep going on whole45 as I have my first 10k in 20 days and I want to be super for that day. And I believe it is something I need to make sure I am strong enough to start the reintroduction without loosing track before the race 

Thanks for the group support ... It has been great going in this journey with you :wub:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My little brother ended up coming down for a visit this weekend! I haven't seen him in over 3 years since we live in different parts of the country and while I did plan a few meals in, we will also be eating out because I don't want to spend his whole visit in the kitchen. I think I may have eaten a bit of non-compliant bacon yesterday; we have the lovely farm-to-table restaurant by us and I ordered a ribeye omelet (peppers, onions) and when I got it, there as bacon mixed in. The waitress said it was all natural, non-cured, etc. but it may have contained sugar. I'm not going to beat myself up about it (nor will I be able to say I successfully completed this round of Whole30), but I'm also not going to let it derail my newly improved eating habits. In the past, I would have just shrugged and said well I already failed, lets go get ice cream but I am now able to look at the greater good and realize that one minor non-conformance isn't the end of everything.

I do not plan on reintroducing anything for the time being. My mental health has improved and I am starting to feel good about myself and have a steady energy. I am very aware of what I am putting into my body but not focused on food all of the time! I used to eat every few hours to keep the hunger at bay but now I can go enjoy life and the eating part is secondary. Despite the potentially non-whole30 bacon from yesterday,  I would still consider this reset a success! 

As Paola did, I hope you all learned about yourself and picked up some habits to keep you a bit healthier down the road! 

Thank you all for your support and for just posting what you were feeling, doing, or even struggling with....it's so helpful to experience this with others. I'm feeling good in some ways and in others still not where I'd like to be (like it's 3 pm here right now and all I want to do is crash....but I didn't have a great night of sleep b/c of husband coming in late and then a kid getting up....so I don't want to think it's all the food either). I think I'll continue on as well. My issue is that we are going on a cruise on 9/24, so I think I want to complete my reintro prior to then so I am aware of what foods cause me problems/issues and that will give me some freedom on the cruise. I also think I'd like to do another whole30 when I get back from the cruise putting all of what I learned into practice....and I may also cut out coffee. I did lower my intake to about 2 cups a day all prior to noon and also was able to drink it black....but I think it may be causing some problems, so I'd like to get rid of it. God bless anyone around me for the first week or so! ha.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you all are still around or not but just wanted to share that I did go ahead and do reintro. Tomorrow I get to reintroduce gluten grains and that'll be the last test. It's been going well, and wasn't as scary as I thought. Nothing major to report other than a little stomach upset the day after the gluten free grains. I had corn and rice. I'm sort of thinking it was the rice. So will be interesting to see how the gluten ones go. We leave next Friday for a week cruise. I'm going to try to stay as close to whole 30 as possible bc I just like how easy it is. And should be easier with others making my food!! So looking forward to a week of no cooking!! I will indulge I. Some items I'm sure but plan to start another whole 30 when we return...October 3rd. I just am still wondering if 30 days was enough to get me fully recovered and healed. We shall see. 

Hope pe you all are doing well!

Archived