When do the cravings stop?

I'm on day 5 and I am dying for sugar. Craving soda, and sugar, and more sugar. And that whole thing about a craving only lasting three to five minutes is a huge lie. 

Help! I am following the template and eating correctly, but I used to live on sugar so this is hard for me.

Cravings will only stop if you're eating enough fat. Cravings WON'T stop if you're propping them up with something else - fruit, bars, or nuts for instance. Cravings won't only last a few minutes if you're under-eating.

Can you list out a few days worth of food so we can maybe suggest a few tweaks?

• Administrators
On 08/08/2016 at 9:35 PM, Pandora Black said:

I'm on day 5 and I am dying for sugar. Craving soda, and sugar, and more sugar. And that whole thing about a craving only lasting three to five minutes is a huge lie. 

Help! I am following the template and eating correctly, but I used to live on sugar so this is hard for me.

Ya, the cravings thing. When you feel like you're craving it all day long, that 3-5 minute thing is a joke. But...it's actually true. Usually it's a bunch of cravings all lined up with super small gaps between. You definitely CAN distract yourself from them rather than focus on them. Not to say they may not come back later. As jmcbn said, eat enough fat and enough food overall. But if you are craving the psychological aspect of whatever you used to use sugar for (emotions, boredom, celebration etc), that can be harder to deal with and the only way through is...well...through. Distraction, self talk, really focussing on the space between the cravings. And eventually they get further apart, less frequent and less intense.

You can do this!

Archived