Jump to content

Robin's First Whole30, started August 8th!

Robin R.

Recommended Posts

Whole30, Day 1:


So far, so good!

I did it! I made it through the first day of my Whole 30. I weighed myself this morning and took "before" pictures that showed all of my hidden fatty deposits and my untoned body. :( They are for my eyes only so that at the end of this, I can weigh myself and take more pictures to see the difference. It makes a good incentive for now. No weighing for the next 30 days because this is not about weight loss, but about full health in body and spirit. I understand that as the week progresses it will get harder, but I am very determined to do this.

I had a few cups of coffee with full fat coconut milk. Stirred up the rest of it and poured into an ice cube tray, then popped out the cubes and put in a freezer bag for the rest of the week's coffee. Breakfast (or Meal 1) was two hard boiled eggs with salt and pepper, steamed Swiss chard from my garden with Balsamic vinegar, and cantaloupe.

I had a brisk 15 minute mid-day walk with ny dog Winston, then came back and made my own mayo with fresh organic eggs.

Meal 2: Salmon protein salad (with canned sustainably caught Wild Alaska pink salmon mixed with my mayo) on a bed of lettuce with sliced tomatoes. Olives and cantaloupe on the side. A glass of water.

Another quick walk with Winston, then back to the kitchen for dinner prep. I made a basic vinaigrette of EVOO, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper and fresh lemon basil from my garden.

Meal 3: Fresh crabmeat mixed with my mayo. Piled this on top of a salad with lettuce, tomato, cukes and red onion. Roasted baby potatoes in coconut oil, sea salt, pepper with a fresh grind of my garden rosemary on top. Roasted asparagus in EVOO, salt and pepper with a drizzle of vinaigrette. Poland Spring's lemon sparkling water with a wedge of lime in a wine glass.  My husband Geoff had milk with dinner and a hamburger roll with his crab meat, but he gave the meal two thumbs up!! Fantastic!

I chewed slowly and savored every single bite of delicious, nutrient dense, healthful food.

I've got this. 

Whole30, Day 2:

I understand today and tomorrow are the hangover days that you experience as your body starts to adjust to all of the new foods you are eating and withdraw from foods that you are no longer eating.  Milk is going to be a big one for me as I do love my glass of milk with dinner! I was on vacation last week at a cabin on a lake and completely relaxed. I splurged on all of the foods that I would not be able to eat but knew I would miss. Milk, wine, corn on the cob, etc. Needless to say by Sunday I was feeling bloated and very tired, even though I was well rested! I am so ready for the challenge of feeding my body well for 30 days in order to feel more energized and healthier. If I can also lower my cholesterol, have fewer headaches, rid myself of my allergies and sleep better, it will be the icing on the cake!

Meal 1 - Coffee with two coconut milk ice cubes. Yum! Scrambled eggs in coconut oil with a grind of rosemary and thyme from my garden, set them on a bed of steamed spinach with a few slices of cantaloupe on the side. Geoff got to share my eggs, and although they were a bit overcooked, he thought they were delightful. Next time I will steam the spinach FIRST.

Meal 2 - I added grapes and toasted almonds to my salmon protein salad. Put the protein salad on top of my tossed garden salad. It was YUMMY. Had the rest of the steamed spinach with a drizzle of my basic vinaigrette.


Meal 3 - Slow Cooker Rotisserie Style Chicken: I have two whole chickens in my freezer that I bought at Emery's Meat & Produce after quizzing the butcher there on the background of the chickens in the store. (They are healthfully raised in both body and mind!) I mixed up a bunch of herbs and spices, rubbed over the chicken and also put some under the skin. Drizzled with EVOO and cooked for 3.5 hours. It was the sweetest, most tender chicken I have ever eaten. I roasted yellow string beans from Goranson's and had salad with avocado and chopped walnuts added, along with a drizzle of the basic vinaigrette. (Healthy fats are essential to every meal so I covered that with the avocado, walnuts and the oil in the vinaigrette.)

No real hangover today, although the glasses of milk Geoff and my son Joseph had with dinner was looking mighty tempting. They also had rice, but I have not been eating much rice for a very long time now.

I can do it.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whole30, Day 3:  Hangover day.  I am very happy to report that the hangover is almost non-existent!  I slept a bit later than yesterday and was a bit headachy, but Thieves essential oil on the roof of my mouth got rid of that issue. 

Meal 1:  I seem to have no appetite in the morning but since I know I have to have that meal I did.  Not terribly exciting but two hard boiled eggs, dry roasted cashews, leftover roasted yellow beans and a few grapes met all of my meal requirements for the morning.  Protein, veggies/fruit and fats (in the form of my coconut milk coffee and the cashews as well as the EVOO I roasted the yellow beans in).  Score!  I do miss my smoothies but during this program you are not allowed to drink your food, because the chewing helps your metabolism.  Who knew?

Feeling very tired, and un-hungry just before Meal 2 but I pressed on.

Meal 2:  Salmon protein salad with grapes and almonds on tossed salad.  Olives on the side. Delicious!

Hump Day – Where’s my glass of wine??  I missed my mid-week drink a tiny bit, but the sparkling lemon Poland Spring water with a wedge of lime was quite nice.  It looks so pretty in my handpainted lupine wine glass!

Meal 3:  Leftover rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes made with coconut milk, sautéed summer squash, bell peppers, baby bella mushrooms, onion, garlic with a splash of coconut aminos cooked in coconut oil, Trader Joe’s green beans.  Geoff gave it two thumbs up!  He didn’t miss the milk or butter in his potatoes! 

Exercise:  Two 15 minute walks with dog.

I was excited today when someone told me on this forum replied to my comment that I ...am always congested and drippy....  She said:  "I LOVED milk too, and haven't had a glass in 18 mths for that very reason.”  “I'd bet good money you'll see improvement in that once the dairy is out of your system....!  

There IS a reason to go on. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

So glad you didn't have much of a hangover day. Day 2, I was very melancholy, tired and in pain, but my Day 3, I was fine. I hope the rest of the challenge goes as easily for you!

BTW, I was happy to hear about your chicken; I'm having company Saturday and that very dish is on the menu!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you!!  Here is the exact recipe if anyone wants it.  I have made this twice now and it is delicious and simple to put together.  Because you use a slow cooker, you do not heat up your kitchen.  

Rotissirie-Style Chicken

1 whole 4 lb. chicken (if you use larger, you might want to cook longer)

1 1/2 t. salt

2 t. paprika

1/2 t. onion powder

1/2 t. dried thyme

1/2 t. dried basil

1/2 t. white pepper

1/2 t. ground cayenne pepper

1/2 t. black pepper

1/2 t. garlic powder

2 T olive oil

Rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry.  Mix up herbs and spices.  Rub spice mixture over entrie chicken. Rub part under the chicken chicken, making sure to leave skin intact.  Place chicken in slower cooker.  (It says to grease but I did not!)   Drizzle olive oil everly over the chicken.  Cook on high for 3-3 1/2 hours on high or on low 4-5 hours.  Lots of wonderful juices from the chicken can be spooned over the chicken if you wish!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whole30,  Day 4:

Today and tomorrow are supposed to be Kill All the Things days.  I have done fine, so far.  I surprisingly did not want to smack my husband when he said Good Morning to me.  I did ask him to cease talking about a subject that was irritating to me.   He had been forewarned about this phase, so he immediately changed the subject.  So far, so good!

I did dream about having a glass of wine last night.  I took one drink then had a second in my mouth when I remembered it was off plan and I spit it out.  In the dream I told myself that no one would ever know so that I would not have to start over from the beginning.  Sneaky, huh?  Thank Goodness it was only a dream. 

Increased bloating and drippiness this morning!  My nose felt like a faucet.  Ugh.  Thankfully I am prepared for this and understand that it is only my body adjusting all of the new healthy fats and ALL of the nutritious and delicious veggies.  I love veggies but I had to admit, I have never eaten as many in as I do now in a single day. 

Meal 1:  My lovely coffee with coconut milk cubes followed by two hardboiled eggs and a side of the sautéed veggies.  I did not want to eat, but I did anyway.  I understand that this is very common in the early days.  I will bravely press on and feed my body.

Meal 2:  The last of the yummy salmon protein salad with grapes and toasted almonds with a side of sliced tomatoes and avocado. 

Meal 3:  I was a little hungry before dinner so I ate 6 olives as an appetizer.  My friend Kim’s homegrown, kindly raised beef burger with tomatoes, onion, avocado and topped with mayo with roasted potatoes in coconut oil and green beans with basic vinaigrette.  I am getting very fond of my lemon Poland Spring water with that wedge of lime in my lovely wine glass. We shall see how I do over the weekend without my glass of wine! 

Exercise: Two very slow and short walks with Winston because neither one of us liked the heat and humidity today.

I was very sleepy so headed to bed early.  I feel that I deserve a pat on the back because I did NOT have any urge to KILL ALL THE THINGS.  My family was very happy!  Especially my husband!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whole30, Day 5:

Woke up early this morning feeling surprisingly good. Energetic and happy. Limited drippy-ness and bloating. Did NOT, note: Did NOT have the desire to kill my hubby. He was very relieved.

Meal 1: Had my coconut milk coffee with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top this morning. My oldest daughter Kate was home, so I was talking to her first thing, then I had to walk the dog, so I delayed my breakfast until 9:30. This morning I had Kitchen Sink Scrambled Eggs! Delectable. I warmed up the leftover sautéed veggies with coconut oil and fresh rosemary and chives from my herb garden. Scrambled up two eggs and then mixed everything up until the eggs were cooked. A very nice change pace!

10:30 am – Feeling sleepy and ready for a nap after that early burst of energy. To the kitchen to start the chicken bone broth in the slow cooker and had a glass of water.

Meal 2: Last of the sautéed veggies with leftover rotisserie chicken, warmed up together with a side of olives.

Exercise: Another hot steamy day but managed to do two 15 minute walks with the dog.

Meal 3: Burger on a bed of lettuce with avocado, tomatoes and red onion topped with homemade roasted red pepper sauce. I made a special drink for myself since it was Friday night! A Rosemary Berry Smash with Poland Spring sparkling water, fresh lemon juice, muddled rosemary sprigs and frozen blueberries in my favorite wine glass. Very refreshing and good. I did not miss my wine too terribly much.

Okay, I will admit it, I started to feel the urge to KILL ALL THE THINGS in the afternoon and evening. Instead I asked to change subjects when people started to really irritate me. Hey, it was a very HOT day, and it was JUNK FOOD NIGHT, Anna and Joseph had pizza (which gratefully I did not crave.) Then my hubby sat down and ate a Klondike bar in front of me. (I don’t usually crave ice cream unless it is hot and I LOVE Klondikes!) I said to him: “Can you please NOT?” However, since I had promised not to do that to my family, I said never mind and moved on quickly. Gratefully I successfully, though not quite happily, made it through Junk Food Night with everyone still alive without saying anything that I regretted!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


DAYS 6-7 are the “I JUST WANT A NAP” DAYS.  Truth!

I had gone to bed a bit cranky, woke up at 3 am cranky then again at 6 am cranky!  I was very tired all day, with a lot of brain fog, as expected.  I did take a nap and it felt luxurious!!  No issue falling asleep at all today.

This morning I woke up with no dripping at all!   This is totally amazing.  The first real physical change I have noticed.  Could it be the dairy which is the hardest thing of all that I have had to do without?  Time will tell!

Meal 1:  Scrambled eggs with coconut oil and rosemary, green bean and tomato with roasted red pepper mayo.  Excellent!

Finished up the chicken bone broth and froze for future use but used a cup for the soup I had for lunch!

Meal 2:  Thai egg drop soup (I used 1 c. of bone broth, 1 whipped egg, 3 Thai basil leaves from my garden, a dash of coconut aminos, and 2 cubes of coconut milk.  It was exactly what I needed on this cool day!  I gave Geoff a bit too and he thought it was fabulous. 

Here we go.  My first challenge since starting this program!

Meal 3: I did this in stages because we were going to a birthday party at our neighbor and friend’s Erin’s for her fiancé David!   My first foray out into the real world.  Had a burger at home on a bed of lettuce topped with tomato slices and avocado and red pepper mayo (a new favorite!) just before we left.  This way I was full before I got to the party!  Made a roasted vegetable salad and took along my bottle of Poland Spring’s Raspberry Lime sparking water so that I knew that I would have something that I knew I could eat and drink there.  There was a garden salad but I forgot to ask Erin for olive oil and vinegar so I ate it dry.  Meh.  Hey, I am still on the learning curve here!  However, I successfully avoided all of the goodies, including the birthday cake and Erin’s cheesecake that her daughter Patience described to me in loving detail.  (Hey, thanks Pay!)I still love you.)  I did not even look at them.  No real cravings, so I chalk this up to a big win!  It was a lovely evening where we got to visit for a few hours before I really started to feel sleepy, in spite of a nap.  All normal so we are good!

Exercise:  Eep!  No walks with dog today.  I was too tired and discombobulated.  I know, it is a lousy excuse but everything seemed to take me forever today.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2016 at 2:57 PM, cjlantier said:

You are doing so well! YAY! And good on your for acing your foray out into the real world! You're doing great. Can you share info about the red pepper mayo?

Thank you!  Sorry it took me so long to respond.  My husband had hip replacement surgery on Monday morning and I have been busy with him AND keeping to the Whole30.  Phew!  I did it.  

Do you have the Whole30 cookbook?  What you do is make the basic mayo and the roasted red pepper sauce then mix it together. Delicious!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2016 at 1:33 AM, HumblyHopeful said:

Congrats on no dripping!  Your meals sound delicious & it's wonderful to have your own garden :) It sounds like you were well prepared for the party; what an achievement!  Keep up the good work, Robin!

The dripping returned yesterday and today!  Not sure why.  Maybe this is normal?  I have been following the W30 diet to the letter.  I have a tiny salad garden (tomatoes and cukes) as well as a small herb garden. Very fortunate to be 5 minutes away from our local organic farm where we have a CSA too!  Thank you for the encouragement!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am a bit behind because my husband had surgery on Monday so catching up now!

Whole30, Day 7: I am on the last day of my first week! Slept very well last night, woke up in pretty good spirits with clear sinuses. Hooray! Today is another “I JUST WANT A NAP” day, so I that is definitely on the day’s agenda.


Sunday is tea day, so I had my first cup of hot tea with two coconut cubes and cinnamon. It was even better than my usual tea with milk and honey. YES! Feeling very driven for the second day in a row. In spite of that, I am also having a hard time with the brain fog. Strange.


Meal 1: Red onion and baby bella mushrooms sautéed in coconut oil with dried thyme and turmeric, then whipped eggs added. Result a veggie egg scramble on top of steamed baby spinach with the last of the roasted red pepper mayo. (Must make more!) Grapes on the side.


11 am - Very sleepy and kind of want to kill all things. Took dog for walk and he insisted on walking on hot pavement slooooowly rather than in the cool, wet grass on the side of the road. Harrumph.


I made my first batch of clarified butter which was quite simple.

Meal 2: We went to Cindy and Don’s for our last outing before Geoff’s hip replacement surgery tomorrow. (Thanks for hosting us!) We had lunch on their screen porch. I had my first steamed lobster of the summer! Lobster meat dipped in melted clarified butter and lemon = delicious. We had the roasted vegetable salad on the side. Once lunch was over, I was suddenly hit with exhaustion and had a very hard time keeping my eyes open on the drive home. Thankfully Geoff was driving. Made it home and fell into bed and slept deeply for 2.5 hours. I only woke up because the alarm went off. I DID NOT WANT TO GET OUT OF BED, but I had things to do to prepare for tomorrow as we leave here at 5 am.

Had to take to dog for another walk and and it was steamy hot, and he was dragging. It was a very short walk. Headache-y and crabby.

Meal 3: Not very hungry for dinner but Geoff made swordfish (marinated in fresh lemon and lime juice) and then grilled with clarified butter. Plateful of veggies: more roasted vegetable salad, broccoli with balsamic.

Okay, so overall today, I really want to KILL AT THE THINGS AND NAP ALL DAY LONG. Nothing else. I am assured that this too shall pass as it is all a part of the adjustment. Thank Goodness! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whole30: Days 8 & 9 (The NOOOO! my pants are TIGHTER stage)

Spent the two days in Portland (at Maine Med and with friends) with my husband while he had his left hip replacement surgery. I packed a cooler of food. My pants did feel a bit tighter on Monday but thankfully it was flexible fabric. I was smart and for Tuesday I wore very loose capris, so I felt just fine!

We left the house at 6 am and I drank my coffee with coconut milk on the way to the hospital. Once Geoff was in surgery, I went out to the parking lot and had a private tailgate party!

Meal 1: Two hard boiled eggs, grapes, and olives!

I was back in the waiting area in two shakes of a lamb's tail! Geoff made it through surgery beautifully and I was able to go with him to his room. Ordered a LARGE hospital lunch for him. I stayed with him until after he ate it and was settled comfortably in for a nap. Then to Dan and Monica's to eat my lunch, then a nap. Thankfully the extreme sleepiness I experienced on Monday had passed, but I had a short night of sleep preparing for being away for a few days, and needing to get up very early to hit the road. I did take a short nap, and was up and ready to go back to the hospital to visit Geoff with Dan and Monica.

Meal 2: Tuna protein salad with almonds, lettuce, tomato, avocado on lettuce, olives, sparkling water

Back to Dan and Monica's after a nice visit with Geoff. Ordered his next two hospital meals before we left, then headed back to their house to make dinner for them.

Meal 3: Haddock with Pesto, Roasted Sweet Potatoes drizzled with coconut oil and sprinkled with cinnamon, Steamed Green Beans with Blackberry Ginger balsamic vinegar, raspberry lime sparkling water in a wine glass. Monica had a glass of wine. But I valiantly resisted! It wasn't so bad.

Exercise: 2.41 miles in and around the hospital!


I SLEPT 8 SOLID HOURS! I never EVER do that. Woke up cheerful and energized and ready to roll!!! Whoa.

Meal 1: Coffee with coconut milk, 2 hardboiled eggs, grapes, olives

Back to the hospital to visit with Geoff. He was finishing up breakfast when I arrived. Very cheerful. Steve, the physical therapist, came in and helped Geoff get out of bed and to his walker. We took a slow trip around the hospital while Steve taught Geoff how to walk with his bionic hip. Then to OT where Geoff was able to practicing walking up and down stairs, then practice getting in and out of a car. (Not a real one, of course!) I had a quick errand to run to Trader Joe's to stock up on some W30 goodies. Love the prices of their tuna, coconut milk, etc! Also got some chicken sausages that were W30 compliant! I was able to get back to the hospital in time to eat my lunch with Geoff. We asked to have an extra plate and utensals delivered with his lunch so I was able to eat my own meal while he was eating his!

Meal 2: Tuna protein salad with almonds, lettuce, avocado on lettuce, olives, grapes. I had to eat the half tomato like an apple. Had my raspberry lime sparkling water.

We had to wait for a bit before Geoff was released. He fell asleep, so I got some coffee and drank that to wait for him to wake up and be tested again. Walked to the pharmacy to pay for his medications. No coconut milk, so I drank it black. Not bad! I know I broke the W30 rule but I had to drive the patient home. I needed it!

We were able to leave the hospital later than we had hoped but he was sprung at about 3:30 pm. We successfully made it in and out of the car and up the stairs into the house!

Thankfully we had some leftovers to eat so dinner was relatively simple!

Meal 3: Grilled swordfish with pesto, green beans with balsamic vinegar.

Exercise: 1.60 miles at hospital

I made it through two full days away from home and made a W30 dinner for friends. Success!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Robin R. said:

Oooh, a W30 buddy!  How are you doing?  We are now on Day 11!  

I had a disaster last night, now need to restart:( I went out for dinner, sashimi, thought I was being really careful, but then woke up this morning feeling really stuffy and my stomach wasn't good again. I did some research, and it turns out sushi ginger is pickled with sugar:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Busily adjusting to having our patient at home again so late on posting the past week of my w30 journey. Here goes!

Whole30, Days 10 and 11 are described as the hardest days. I would have to agree. Not sure if it is because it was the first full days of having Geoff at home and learning to balance his needs while also doing the meal planning, house chores, etc. It was a bit overwhelming and I was a dite cranky and impatient as predicted, but I stuffed it and kept my eyes on the prize. I concentrated on taking care of my husband. It felt much like I had a newborn and toddler in the house again. He was not sleeping well, therefore my nights were broken. Needed help getting dressed. Had to take medicine and do his PT. Had to be fed on a regular basis as did I, which usually means preparing different foods depending on what we are having. Needed someone to stay with him in case he fell if I had to leave the house.  Our 19 year old son Joseph was phenomenal. Very glad he does not have a full time job yet.

Weds. 10

Meal 1: Coffee with coconut milk, 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil with fresh oregano and thyme on top of green beans, grapes and cherry tomatoes on the side.

Meal 2: Tuna protein salad with almonds and grapes on sliced cucumbers with tomato, avocado and olives on the side, ice water

Meal 3: Zoodles (zucchini noodles) with my homemade W30 tomato sauce, Trader Joe’s Spicy Chicken Sausage, tossed salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, raspberry lime sparkling water. (The rest of the family had pasta with spaghetti sauce. Joseph was in charge of this.)

Thurs. 11

Meal 1: Coffee with coconut milk, leftover zoodles with tomato sauce and chicken sausage

Meal 2: Summer Chicken protein salad with blueberries, cashews and avocado mayo, on leftover salad

Meal 3: Steak (farm raised!), Oven Fries, Veggie Stir Fry eggplant, mushrooms, bell peppers and onion, garlic, coconut aminos, sparkling water!


Proud to say that we made it through the two hardest days and successfully came out on the other side!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Days 12-15 “I Dream of Junk Food” phase  Happy to report that I have not been dreaming of Junk Food yet.  Geoff is sleeping on the couch so that he has easier access to the bathroom and does not wake me up.  I am sleeping solidly through the night!  Still needing a nap in the middle of the day however.  My sinuses are dripping again, but I am hopeful that this will settle down again as we progress with the healthy diet.

Much to my surprise, I am not having any real cravings .  I have no urge to snack because I am feeding my body with whole foods that are meeting all of my nutritional needs and helping me feel satiated.  The premise is that the protein and healthy fats, balanced with the vegetables will fill you up.  I am finding that to be true.  I miss my milk a bit, especially when I have to pour it for my husband.  I do have a few cravings for my glass of wine, especially on the weekend, but so far the sparkling water in the wine glass is filling that void.  As long as I mix up the food, I am staying interested in the delicious and nutritious food choices I am making!  Enjoying every bite.  Learning simple new ways to cook and prepare meals. 

On Friday, I went shopping for the week’s groceries for the first time in years. Geoff took over the weekly shopping when our babies started arriving.  I was strangely excited, then elated when I came home and showed him what I bought.  Made a trip to Emery’s Meat & Produce which sells only locally grown meats and fish.  We get our pork from Goranson’s Farm where I know it has been humanely and organically grown.  We get our beef from our friend Kim, so I know it has also been kindly treated.  We did not have a chicken source, but for Goranson’s which is now $6.50 a lb for whole chickens.  At Emery’s  I had a discussion with the owner previously about what the best chicken to buy that met all of my needs (kindly, humanely and healthily grown, even if not organic).  When I go, I look for that brand.  Lo and behold, the whole chickens and chicken pieces were all on sale. Whole chickens were $5.00 less per pound than Goranson’s.  I stocked up and bought boneless chicken breasts and thighs as well.  At Hannaford’s I was able to take my time and peruse ingredients lists as I shopped to make certain what I needed was W30 compliant.  I stuck to the list and only bought one thing that wasn’t on it.  Organic frozen raspberries on sale!  I felt powerfull!  Strange, huh?

Exercise is sporadic because of the time spent caring for my husband, so not much to report there. 

Fri. 12
Meal 1: Leftover Veggie Stir Fry with Steak and Avocado Mayo

Meal 2: Summer Chicken protein salad with blueberries, cashews and avocado mayo with tomatoes on the side.

Snack: Dry roasted cashews while making dinner

Meal 3:  Rosemary Raspberry Splash, Baked Haddock in clarified butter and fresh squeezed lemon juice topped with W30 pesto made from my garden, baked potatoes with clarified butter and leftover stir fry veggies 

Exercise: One quick short walk with my dog Winston!

Sat. 13

Meal 1: Coffee with coconut cubes, leftover haddock with tomato sauce and a side of Swiss chard with balsamic vinegar

Meal 2: Summer Chicken protein salad with blueberries, cashews and avocado mayo with tomatoes and cukes on the side.

Meal 3: Leftover haddock with tomato sauce, roasted sweet potatoes with clarified butter and cinnamon, cucumber, tomato, avocado salad, sautéed kale with garlic and almonds (from the Whole30 cookbook!)  All I can say is YUM!

Geoff and I shuffled down the road for a very short and slow walk.  Me with the dog and him with his walker.  Good times. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whole30 Days 14 and 15.  Still in the “I Dream of Junk Food” phase  Surprise, no dreams at all about junk food!  Instead I am embracing this new W30 lifestyle, even during my sleep!  I have very successfully made it halfway through my 30 days of whole, nutritious and delicious foods!!  On Sunday we hosted a W30 potluck with Lucinda and Mark (and family) who are doing the program along with me!  It was a great way to eat someone else’s tasty and delicious entrees and side dishes! 


Sun. 14

Meal 1: Tea with coconut cubes and cinnamon, scrambled eggs with clarified butter, fresh thyme and oregano, sweet potato with clarified butter and cinnamon

Meal 2: Leftover haddock with tomato sauce on sweet potato with clarified butter and cinnamon

Whole30 potluck!

Meal 3: Rotisserie chicken, oven fries, steamed green beans with roasted walnut oil and balsamic vinegar.  Lucinda and Mark brought:  stir fried cabbage, shredded carrots, bok choy, onion and garlic, Thai basil, coconut aminos in coconut oil, roasted spaghetti squash with scrambled beef burger, freshly caught mackerel with pineapple, mandarin oranges, olives and oregano and roasted spaghetti squash with ground beef and coconut aminos.

Just lovely!!

Mon. 15

Meal 1: Coffee with coconut milk cubes, banana chia seed pudding (chia seeds, frozen banana and coconut milk with cinnamon) with nectarines on top, rotisserie chicken (Okay, so I discovered afterwards that although it is compliant, I am not supposed to eat chia seed pudding because it is too similar to dessert and you don’t chew it!  Lesson learned!)

Meal 2: Rotisserie chicken on green beans and sliced tomato topped with avocado mayo

Meal 3: Rotisserie chicken, steamed Swiss chard with balsamic vinegar, garden salad with tomatoes, sweet peppers, cucumbers, red onion, avocado with my homemade vinaigrette (balsamic, roasted walnut oil, fresh garlic and my garden lemon basil)

Halfway there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you so much! I buy  the full fat coconut milk then mix it up thoroughly and pour into ice cube trays. Once frozen I pop out and put in a freezer bag. I use one coconut cube per cup of coffee and have two Colin's every morning.  Each cube = 3 T of coconut milk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Robin R. said:

Thank you so much! I buy  the full fat coconut milk then mix it up thoroughly and pour into ice cube trays. Once frozen I pop out and put in a freezer bag. I use one coconut cube per cup of coffee and have two Colin's every morning.  Each cube = 3 T of coconut milk. 

Colin's = cubes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...