Day 7-Having a bad day!!!

I'm on my seventh day on the Whole30. So far I've been pretty good, eating the approved foods, sleeping as much as I can (~6-7hrs), no cravings or slips. The first few days on the program I had minor headaches, but today I have a massive headache and I'm grouchy too.

Before the program, on days like these I just went to a fast food, ate and went right to sleep. Horrible, I know! So now, pretty much I don't know how to handle it. I don't have anything ready on my fridge for when I come home. I DON'T wanna fall of the wagon!!

Can someone give me some advice on how to handle this?!?

What about something as simple and sort of comfort food like as scrambled eggs? It's fast and quick, filling so you don't fall off the wagon. And maybe a hot bath or shower as well, then off to bed?

I'd avoid the store or a restaurant if you can, just because it may prove too much if you're having a tough day.

If you have an apple or sweet potato, try slicing up and popping in the microwave and putting a little cinnamon on top, maybe with some coconut butter or ghee if you have it. The few times I had a day like your having, a little bit of healthy carbs with the fat and the dash of cinnamon was so good and seemed to be just right.

I hope tomorrow is better.

Massive headache and grouchy is a bad combo, because each makes the other one worse. I find with big headaches (I get migraines) salt helps a lot, and also lots and lots of liquid. Maybe something salty (bacon?) would help (also no one can be grouchy eating bacon!) and a few big glasses of water or herbal tea?

Archived