Aug 15 - Whole 30 start date - anyone else?

tdg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Back2Schoolmom04 said:

Day 4 is here! I had a busy morning and barely scarfed down my kitchen sink eggs :( I woke up feeling really hungry! 

I'm starting to feel burnt out on prepping and cooking! I need to figure something out because august 29 I start the fall semester at college, full time. I also have 3 kiddos that don't like fancy dinners... Unless it's smothered in cheese and sauce!

4 hours ago, Jordana31 said:

I started August 15th as well. Day 4! :)

Welcome to you both. I look forward to hearing how it goes for you

Everything was going great (minus the crazy amount of prep but that should get better as I learn the recipes) I was prepared to want to kill all things and nothing. Then 3:30pm hit and I had the worst headache. I tried water and all I really wanted was sugar. (Crazy sugar demons). So I went ahead and had my afternoon cup of black coffee (the only sanity in my life) and the headache has becom bearable. Here's to hoping that I can get through this sooner rather than later. Also my acne is starting to flare up (another good sign that this is working I'm told)

10 hours ago, gbeers9 said:

I'd really like some sort of jerky or pre packaged meat, but have yet to find anything in the stores that is compliant. Has anyone else had any luck?

Hey Gbeers - I've found Epic bars at Whole Foods and Chomps at Trader Joe's.. I believe you can order them online as well just google! 

I tried the chomps pretty good.. haven't tried the epic bar yet. Saving it for a snack if I need one. 

So far DAY 4 - Feeling great. I did feel really hungry this morning.. but I agree with someone's post.. the more fat I have in the meal the more full I am. 

So fat is my friend! It's crazy.. 

Just worked out and now i'm off to prep dinner.. Ground Beef, Tomato Sauce and Spaghetti Squash. 

Hope everyone is doing well! 

11 hours ago, tdg said:

Hello and happy Day 4 everyone... (ha, ha, originally wrote Day 3... already losing track of the days).

Thanks to all of you for the tips and the feedback. It is great to see how you are all doing and how you are solving problems. I am really appreciating having people to talk to while navigating this. I couldn't imagine having to deal with cupcakes in the staff room or going on a work trip. It puts my challenges into perspective. Kudos to all of you!

My day yesterday was a challenge. Too little sleep, not enough food prep done, very busy day. It was what it was and I celebrate that I stayed on program through it all. You know, sometimes the stars just align - and not always in a good way. Ran out of mayo in the morning, my last avo was kinda bad, fridge is looking a little thin and my sons ate the last of the pico de gallo. Got home from a meeting last night at 9:30 and was ravenous so had 4 tbsp of Almond Butter and it helped. But overall, not a great day. It was what it was.

The good news is that today is a brand new day!

Started Day 4 (again!) with a headache and the miseries. Honestly, you'd think I downed 2 bottles of wine the way I feel in the morning! :o But I got enough sleep at last and am learning that if I just get out of bed and get moving things improve (coffee also helps, as does more water) Am going to make a Costco run today to get some supplies (thanks to glamglamkitty for the veggie tray suggestion). BTW, here in Canada Costco's Kirkland organic tomato paste is compliant. Anyway, today going to make more mayo, some ketchup, maybe romanesco and some salad dressings to have on hand as clearly I will be needing a lot more grab and go stuff for the busy days. Am finding the prep hard to negotiate as some things only keep 3 days in fridge so trying to eat it all in that time and deciding how much to make in advance will take some practice. Looks like my evening will be busy.

Managed to get to the farmer's market last night and pick up fresh tomatoes, peppers, and some beef for me. Also found some compliant chicken lunch meat from a local producer. Bonus! Yesterday I learned that it really is about getting all set up for success so that is the goal for today.

FFF was asking about post workout - maybe almond butter on celery? It would probably pack well and keep in your bag until after your workout.

So enjoy your brand new day people. Stay strong, stay positive, have fun! (oh yes, and don't take yourself too seriously!)

Go!

Hi- how did your Romenesco sauce come out?  I made some tonight to use on a chicken/eggplant parm....minus the cheese. :)

Mine is a bit 'gritty' from the almonds... Is yours smooth?  I used my emmersion stick not a food processor.  I may have to process it before I use it tomorrow night.  

Youre doing great on your W30 as is everyone in this group.  You all are super supporters!  

11 hours ago, Back2Schoolmom04 said:

What is this pre-made pale? I've never heard of it. 

Here's the link to Premade Paleo: http://premadepaleo.com/collections/whole30-meal-plans. It's mentioned in the resources section of the Whole30 book; and knowing myself, I knew I'd fall off the bandwagon if I slipped up in meal prep or didn't give myself a back-up for those times when "life" trips me up. These come premade and frozen (you MUST defrost fully before reheating up!!), so I just keep two or three at the ready in the fridge. I have come to learn that these are SMALL meals, protein often in a separate container than the veg. For Lunch or Dinner options, I may double up and eat two protein and two veg to stay satisfied and not snack. In a pinch, one (like Melissa's Chicken Hash) might do for a  PW-meal. They're not cheap, but for me having a ready made back-up so I don't slip up and have to start over is SO WORTH IT. Also, they seem to be having a sale right now. 

Hope this helps!

3F

Hi All, I started on the 15th too, but today is the first day I've gotten back to the forum.  I did a Whole30 about 3 years ago.  For the past year, I have gotten really burnt out cooking and both my husband and I gained tons of weight and feel like crap.  We finally decided to go back to cooking good food and to get back on track.  The first 4 days have gone well, although a few meals haven't turned out quite as we wanted.  Tomorrow is mostly a leftover day, so hoping it goes well since we haven't planned the next 3-4 days out yet.  I find that planning 3-4 days at a time instead of 7 days at a time is really helpful so we don't waste food.   I look forward to having a support group, so appreciate you all being here.  

Welcome to Day 5... Welcome to the page hikerbrat - and anyone else I have missed! It is good to see the group growing.

I started today with yet another "hangover"... but not as bad a previous days so that is great. Based on what I've read, I seem to be moving from the hangover to the "I just want a nap" stage without the "kill" stage. My lucky kids!

Last night I went for my weekly golf game and actually had to bail at the 3rd hole. I have back and hip issues and usually take an NSAID before leaving home. When I do that I can golf the full 9 holes. If not, the pain starts at about the 5th hole. Last night I took a double dose of Tylenol instead (on advice of Dr.) but by hole 3 I was in horrible pain and totally exhausted. It was bad... dizzy, nauseous, body felt like lead. So I bailed and came home. We have a cold making its way to our house so that might be part of it but I suspect that I have come early to the Day 6-7 exhaustion stage. Not since my kids were infants have I felt this. Very interesting.

Yesterday I went to Costco and found a remarkable number of compliant products. Some of the Dole packaged fruit meets the guidelines - which is great because I often open the fridge and - voila - all the fresh fruit is somehow gone (other times the fruit goes bad so keeping fresh fruit around is a balancing act). Having the packages is good for a pinch. I also found much of the frozen seafood and some of the meat meets the guidelines (tho the meat is not organic). I couldn't believe that the Kirkland beef burgers were compliant - not organic but still something I can throw on the grill and have 'burgers' with my sons (mine between grilled portobello mushrooms). There was also fresh organic chicken. Surprise! I picked up the veggie tray and a fruit tray, a bottle of olives, and a couple of packages of premade Tomatillo Avocado Salsa (Goodfoods brand). All in all, quite a good haul. BTW - the fruit tray was half-gone by the time I got home from golf. Didn't I tell you that fruit sometimes disappears in my house?

I have struggled with sleep since I went menopausal after my second was born (age 42) so wear a Jawbone "up" band... it is similar to FitBit but is better at tracking sleep. Over the past five days I have gone from my usual average of 30-50 minutes of 'deep' sleep per night to about 2 hours per night. Deep sleep is supposedly when your body repairs itself and my previous 30-50 mins was average for my age group. So it seems that my body may well be spending more 'repair' time during sleep. I find that interesting. A second thing I noticed is that my resting heart rate has gone up 10bpm from my previous average, suggesting that I really need to be drinking more water! As you can tell I am finding this whole process remarkably interesting - both my own subjective experience as well as what is being more 'objectively' monitored.

And now it is Friday. We all have the weekend to navigate and that is both good (maybe more time on our hands?) and bad (lots of temptations). So keep going everyone. Keep your endgame in mind, nap often, and remember - don't take yourself so seriously!

Go!

PS - hikerbrat - managed to make mayo last night but not romesco nor ketchup. Too tired. Went to bed instead. Maybe today. And the idea of only planning 3-4 days is a good one. I will try that starting today.

So Tired today!  I too, like you TDG, skipped the hate everything phase, just exhausted.  I am happy to say, that I woke up today and told my husband (who is eating better and trying, but not really doing whole30), that we need to come up with a shopping list and go grocery shopping today.  His reply "I already have the next few meals planned and will go to the market after dropping the kids off at school".  YEAH!  Lesson - show your loved ones you are serious and maybe, just maybe you can get them on board with you and they will help out.  He is very familiar with eating paleo - we just haven't done it is so long.  Even if he still snacks on some non-compliant stuff, I am happy because it is making this so much easier for me.   

Going to skip my run, and get a little more sleep before my work day begins!   Happy day 5 everyone. 

I really haven't had too many issue. I haven't had the headaches, and I have only been slightly grouchy, but I think that is my personality. I have stayed on track, and have been following the guideline and wonder if I am doing something wrong since I doesn't seem as bad as I expected. I understand this affects everyone different but I was expecting the worst. I don't normally have very good will power so with my first weekend coming up I am concerned about it. Everyone will be home for the weekend, so it should test my will power. Have a good weekend everyone! 

12 hours ago, FoodFreedomFighter said:

Here's the link to Premade Paleo: http://premadepaleo.com/collections/whole30-meal-plans. It's mentioned in the resources section of the Whole30 book; and knowing myself, I knew I'd fall off the bandwagon if I slipped up in meal prep or didn't give myself a back-up for those times when "life" trips me up. These come premade and frozen (you MUST defrost fully before reheating up!!), so I just keep two or three at the ready in the fridge. I have come to learn that these are SMALL meals, protein often in a separate container than the veg. For Lunch or Dinner options, I may double up and eat two protein and two veg to stay satisfied and not snack. In a pinch, one (like Melissa's Chicken Hash) might do for a  PW-meal. They're not cheap, but for me having a ready made back-up so I don't slip up and have to start over is SO WORTH IT. Also, they seem to be having a sale right now. 

Hope this helps!

3F

Thanks so much! 

13 hours ago, hikerbrat said:

Hi All, I started on the 15th too, but today is the first day I've gotten back to the forum.  I did a Whole30 about 3 years ago.  For the past year, I have gotten really burnt out cooking and both my husband and I gained tons of weight and feel like crap.  We finally decided to go back to cooking good food and to get back on track.  The first 4 days have gone well, although a few meals haven't turned out quite as we wanted.  Tomorrow is mostly a leftover day, so hoping it goes well since we haven't planned the next 3-4 days out yet.  I find that planning 3-4 days at a time instead of 7 days at a time is really helpful so we don't waste food.   I look forward to having a support group, so appreciate you all being here.  

Cooking in "batches" instead of for a whole week is helping me as well! Even though I know how to cook well, the pace of life with three teenagers had really worn our family habits down to where we were doing take out/ restaurants at least once a week, I was eating those weird "nutrition" bars every morning for breakfast, etc. Going back to cooking so much is a challenge. But I'm reading a lot at the moment about refugee cultures in America and other cultures' approaches to food, and I'm struck by how it's our productivity economy that leads us to "outsource" food prep and consumption to restaurants, drive thru, and (where I am in Silicon Valley) your company - which will feed you three times a day as long as you stay there to work. In most other cultures, food is considered too important a family and cultural artifact to be outsourced this way. Anyway, as my girls are getting more interested in cooking and able to help, I'm hoping changing our family schedules to support our eating needs, and not outsourcing eating to support an overtaxed family schedule, becomes the longterm answer. 

4 hours ago, Tonya Michelle said:

I really haven't had too many issue. I haven't had the headaches, and I have only been slightly grouchy, but I think that is my personality. I have stayed on track, and have been following the guideline and wonder if I am doing something wrong since I doesn't seem as bad as I expected. I understand this affects everyone different but I was expecting the worst. 

Tonya, you're not alone...I keep wondering if I'm "doing something wrong", too, since I haven't experienced any of the stages either. One of the moderators reminded us that the timeline is a "guideline", not rules. But I agree, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

49 minutes ago, Jael said:

In most other cultures, food is considered too important a family and cultural artifact to be outsourced this way. Anyway, as my girls are getting more interested in cooking and able to help, I'm hoping changing our family schedules to support our eating needs, and not outsourcing eating to support an overtaxed family schedule, becomes the longterm answer. 

This really intrigues me, Jael. I'm at the early stage of parenthood now (5 y/o and 10 m/o boys), and making eating homemade meals together a priority is a constant struggle. But I agree that taking the time to make the meal, eat together and talk together is the key to a better relationship, not just with family members, but also with food. 

I haven't hated all things but my headache right around 3pm is crazy. I'm drinking black coffee but I really just want to nap. It's getting harder to not have the ice cream everyone is having at lunch or to walk by the candy bowl but I have resisted temptation for a full 5 days at work. Here's to hoping the weekend is easier! 

Day 5 - Chugging along. Took a spin class today in the AM>. I feel great have tons of energy.

Only thing is I got dizzy twice today getting up off the couch. But i'm drinking tons of water. 

Kind of worried about the weekend and I want to go in strong with some things on hand but I'm trying to meal prep

and then think of next week meal prep// IT'S SO MUCH COOKING AND PREPPING! 

I mean.. I'm glad the first week was that much cooking, I got a lot of good ideas, and I'm pretty much in love with the Red Pepper sauce, + mayo.

Sooooo I have to maybe do some more research look at some recipes for next week.

I think I'm gonna make some butternut squash soup in the pressure cooker. 

Chicken sausage tonight or shredded bbq chicken on top of Sweet Potatoes. Don't know yet!

Hope everyone is doing good.. and ready for the weekend!

Hi everyone! This group is getting quite big! 

I'm glad to see everyone is keeping on track!

Today was day 5, and I'm not getting any of the " kill all the things", my mood is actually stabilizing a bit which is pleasant.  I went camping overnight and thought I'd share my travel food choices in case any one had trips coming up:

for an overnight trip (which included almost 10 hours of driving time!) I hard boiled some eggs take along, they travel well and you can just peel and eat. I have a little camping salt/pepper shaker I take with me too so I can season my eggs. I like them  cold but you can reheat them in a cup of hot water before you peel them if you want. 

I made a container of my own trail mix with various compliant nuts and some dates. I also packed a couple Lara bars, just in case! I packed some fresh fruit, peaches and bananas, an avocado, and a container of mixed veggies, baby carrots, snap peas and mini bell peppers. Also took my moka pot and some coffee as well as some canned coconut milk so I could make a coffee in the AM. These snacks held up well and they kept me on track.

When we ate out for meals I asked for some changes to the meals to make them compliant, though I did end up with a plate that contained a handful of lettuce and three shrimp at one point ... Oh well. I ate them. I guess the rest of the meal didn't fit my requests! 

Overall the traveling while doing whole 30 went well, but I would definitely say planning and prepping  is the key, 

keep up the good work everyone! 24 more days to go! 

3 hours ago, glamglamkitty said:

Today was day 5, and I'm not getting any of the " kill all the things", my mood is actually stabilizing a bit which is pleasant.  I went camping overnight and thought I'd share my travel food choices in case any one had trips coming up:

for an overnight trip (which included almost 10 hours of driving time!) I hard boiled some eggs take along, they travel well and you can just peel and eat. I have a little camping salt/pepper shaker I take with me too so I can season my eggs. I like them  cold but you can reheat them in a cup of hot water before you peel them if you want. 

I made a container of my own trail mix with various compliant nuts and some dates. I also packed a couple Lara bars, just in case! I packed some fresh fruit, peaches and bananas, an avocado, and a container of mixed veggies, baby carrots, snap peas and mini bell peppers. Also took my moka pot and some coffee as well as some canned coconut milk so I could make a coffee in the AM. These snacks held up well and they kept me on track.

Great planning GGK! I think I'll try the eggs and trail mix idea for my PW meal. What's your trail mix "recipe", if you don't mind my asking. Would love to know the nuts to fruit ratio.

Day 6 has been put to bed! Today's success: I didn't fall apart when two of my meals were FAR from satisfactory. In other attempts to change my eating habits/dieting, I would have cried, or let it ruin my day, or fallen off the the plan in an attempt to appease my tastebuds.  P.S. if anyone is thinking about getting premade meals from Premade Paleo, I am NOT a fan of the Dill Coleslaw. All the other dishes I've tried do need a bit more seasoning to be tasty, but that's easily remedied. 

But since meal planning is such a big part of the Whole30 success, I looked ahead to some of the AMAZING meals I've got planned for the weekend (Steak and Greek Salad tomorrow night (W30, 154 and 278), Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken and Gravy for Sunday, and compliant Loco Moco over cauli-rice for Monday morning (Nom Nom Paleo, 198 and 228). My excitement to make and eat this Whole30 compliant meals kept me on track in the face of culinary disappointment.  I'm still on plan and full of enthusiasm for the weekend; which happens to be fraught with derailing activities, hence the aggressive meal planning in the first place.

Post dinner hunger is a constant struggle, so any tips in that area are GREATLY appreciated.  Right now, I'm satiating the gnawing at my stomach hunger with a few handfuls of trail mix when I can't take it anymore. And it's not just a craving. According the book, cravings tend to only last 3-5 minutes and can be thwarted by distraction or doing something else. I've done that, and some activities are really engaging and would likely obliterate a craving; but after 30-45 minutes I still have the gnawing feeling. I really want to conquer this, as I suspect that eating after 9pm is a major component in keeping my Sugar Dragon breathing fire. 

Day 7's menu: 

Breakfast: Southwest Scrambled Eggs (W30, 204)

Lunch: Coconut Curry Chicken (Premade Paleo service) with Cilantro Cauliflower Rice (Practical Paleo, 340)

Dinner: Steak with Greek Salad (W30)

Best of luck to us all this weekend!

11 hours ago, cmf562 said:

I haven't hated all things but my headache right around 3pm is crazy. I'm drinking black coffee but I really just want to nap. It's getting harder to not have the ice cream everyone is having at lunch or to walk by the candy bowl but I have resisted temptation for a full 5 days at work. Here's to hoping the weekend is easier! 

Are you getting enough water? Half an ounce per pound of body weight, daily is the recommendation. ALso remember to salt yoor food. Are you having fruit and/or starchy veg at breakfast? What do your meals look like generally? A daily 3pm headache shouldn't be a daily occurence.

1 hour ago, FoodFreedomFighter said:

Great planning GGK! I think I'll try the eggs and trail mix idea for my PW meal. What's your trail mix "recipe", if you don't mind my asking. Would love to know the nuts to fruit ratio.

Nuts are a fat (as are the egg whites), and fat slows down absorption of nutrients postWO and prevents muscle protein synthesis which will take it's toll on your recovery. Stick to a ean protein for better results.

Post dinner hunger is a constant struggle, so any tips in that area are GREATLY appreciated.  Right now, I'm satiating the gnawing at my stomach hunger with a few handfuls of trail mix when I can't take it anymore. And it's not just a craving. According the book, cravings tend to only last 3-5 minutes and can be thwarted by distraction or doing something else. I've done that, and some activities are really engaging and would likely obliterate a craving; but after 30-45 minutes I still have the gnawing feeling. I really want to conquer this, as I suspect that eating after 9pm is a major component in keeping my Sugar Dragon breathing fire. 

Post dinner hunger should not be a thing. Is it genuine hunger? Or is it a snacking habit from your preW30 days? If it's hunger you're not eating enough, and a trail mix isn't really helping conquer any sugar dragon, it's just feeding it. Try making your meals a litle bigger, and in particular add more fat - this will help with both hunger AND cravings.

Happy Day 6 everyone... Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!.. we made it through the work week. Well done all.

Thanks for the travel tips @glamglamkitty... and I am jealous of the premade paleo @FoodFreedomFighter, we can't get them where I live in Canada (I could only find them in Toronto) :(.  I used to have the 3pm headaches too @cmf562 and drinking more water and taking more salt has really helped me. I salt the #### out of my breakfast, more than I ever used to. I had my first evening (8pm) hunger attack last night @FoodFreedomFighter. As I've previously posted, I am not a huge sugar person. But for over an hour last night all I could think about was salted caramel.. where did that come from? I know we're not supposed to  'recreate' but at the end of the hour, after eating some other fruit, but I ended up with a banana, some almond butter watered down with some coconut milk, and threw some salt in it. Sounds crazy, but don't laugh till you try it. Seemed to work for me. I suspect that my body is missing its "after dinner glass of wine/sugar"... @WholeFitMom, did you try the butternut squash soup? I found it delicious. I still haven't done the romanesco @MrsZimm13... again too tired yesterday. So good to hear all the different ways that people's bodies are reacting, and that some of you are feeling little reaction @Tonya Michelle. How are you feeling today @hikerbrat? I was much better this morning! Finally, a big thanks to our moderator @jmcbn for popping in once in a while with suggestions and to keep us on track. That is great!

So today started without a 'hangover'.. first time so I am very happy. Sleep is still interrupted but that's fairly normal in my pre-30 life so I'm not worried about it. Managed to eat breakfast within 2 hours of waking up (I'm working on it, I'm working on it) and trying to slowly move it backwards every day so I can make it to within the one hour window.

I have been trying a number of recipes and some are great, others not so much. After two tries, my sons and I agreed the the cauliflower 'rice' just doesn't agree with us. One of my sons even tried sriracha on it to no avail. The other said that the 'rice' process seemed to intensify the 'caulifoweryness' of it... NOT a good thing when none of us like cauliflower. So we'll be sticking to potatoes and various squash mashes from here in. 

For all of you that might be in the 'kill' stage, I offer the following hopeful words from a wonderful Canadian politician (yes, we have some of those up here). He wrote the following less than 48 hours before he died from cancer: "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."  (Jack Layton, 2011)

So on this Saturday let's go out and change the world - or at least our eating habits... I'll settle for that. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Go!

6 hours ago, jmcbn said:

Nuts are a fat (as are the egg whites), and fat slows down absorption of nutrients postWO and prevents muscle protein synthesis which will take it's toll on your recovery. Stick to a lean protein for better results.

Lean protein, got it. So like a can of tuna and some Greek Salad? Or just the canned tuna? How about Epic bars? Or compliant beef jerky? And I think you mean "egg yolks" are fat; if I remember correctly, the whites are the protein part. Or am I wrong?  Just want to make sure I omit the correct one.

6 hours ago, jmcbn said:

Post dinner hunger should not be a thing. Is it genuine hunger? Or is it a snacking habit from your preW30 days? If it's hunger you're not eating enough, and a trail mix isn't really helping conquer any sugar dragon, it's just feeding it. Try making your meals a little bigger, and in particular add more fat - this will help with both hunger AND cravings.

Based on the all the "tests" in the Whole30 Daily: Day 4 newsletter, it's genuine hunger. (I'd totally eat steamed fish and broccoli if I could get my hands on it). I can certainly try to eat more at dinner.  Adding the fat might be a challenge with some meals (take last night, for instance: Spaghetti Squash Bolognese - normally, I'd add cheese, but that's not a compliant fat); can I drink some coconut milk in those instances? Other times, and please correct me if I"m wrong with these, I think I could add nuts to the veggies, compliant bacon to protein, or a quarter of an avocado to the whole meal. Are those appropriate adjustments?  Thanks so much for chiming in!

Lean protein, got it. So like a can of tuna and some Greek Salad? Or just the canned tuna? How about Epic bars? Or compliant beef jerky? And I think you mean "egg yolks" are fat; if I remember correctly, the whites are the protein part. Or am I wrong?  Just want to make sure I omit the correct one.

Based on the all the "tests" in the Whole30 Daily: Day 4 newsletter, it's genuine hunger. (I'd totally eat steamed fish and broccoli if I could get my hands on it). I can certainly try to eat more at dinner.  Adding the fat might be a challenge with some meals (take last night, for instance: Spaghetti Squash Bolognese - normally, I'd add cheese, but that's not a compliant fat); can I drink some coconut milk in those instances? Other times, and please correct me if I"m wrong with these, I think I could add nuts to the veggies, compliant bacon to protein, or a quarter of an avocado to the whole meal. Are those appropriate adjustments?  Thanks so much for chiming in!

LOL Yes! Sorry - was thinking yolks, but typed whites cos I was  thinking ahead of myself that you could eat the whites - lots of folk do this & eat the yolks as a preWO....!! And yep, tuna in water/brine would work, as would jerky/epic bars. I'd hold on the salad though.

We wouldn't recommend drinking coconut milk as a regular thing, but olives would work with this meal.... Nuts are ok, but best limited - they're notoriusly hard on the digestive system, plus their omega 3:6 ratio isn't the best.  Compliant bacon and avocado are great options, but a half an avocado would be a better serving size than a quarter.

Hope this helps :)

Random observations/experiences after ending day 5:
*Multiple* dreams about things like intentionally pouring a whole container of cream over Special K and eating it or thoughtlessly drinking wine
GI issues and bloating (likely from excess bad bacteria in gut dying of starvation from lack of sugar and dying a bitter death) - both make me afraid of weighing my self even if I wanted to do
How many weekly stress-management rituals I have tied to food and wine
How important all those moment of anticipatory mindfulness are about things like sudden invitations to neighborhood barbecue/alcohol fests or planning for long periods of time in the car to manage temptations to give up
How. Stinking. Long. 30. Days. Actually. Is.

Archived