Aug 15 - Whole 30 start date - anyone else?

tdg

Awesome Anastasia Hope you have a great business trip!!

I'm on DAY 29!! Going strong.. can't wait for Wednesday but at the same time I'm a little scared as to how and when I'll re-intro stuff. GOnna try soy sauce first I guess.. 

Although i'm dying for a latte some reason.. makes me want to keep doing whole30 until I don't have that craving. I am going out Thursday night.. but thinking of trying gluten free alcoholic drink.. like Titos and soda. We'll see.

HOpe everyone's fine! 

MAking Thai Coconut Soup for dinner!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stealing Anastasia's format :)

What I don't like: Social isolation (hard to eat out), work to cook so much

What I do like: Feeling stronger, so much more energy, clear headed, skin clearer, core stronger, obvious weight loss - I got my pre-40 body back.

What I don't miss: Cream in my coffee (I'm stunned - when I started I hated almond milk with a holy hatred). Breads, pastas, pretty much all grains and legumes, dressings and mayo

What I do miss: Cheese and wine. The occasional *good* piece of chocolate

Benefits of W30: The rules I thought were so strict became what kept me on it. Awareness of my food and wine "triggers" and how to plan for them, or at least see patterns. General mindfulness about eating and how often we eat without thinking.

Drawbacks: Social isolation - you risk boring your friends because you end up talking about everything you can't eat. Plus, going out to eat. I'm a huge foodie and hated being *that* kind of diner.

What I plan to change: Wine on weekends only. Far fewer carbs (noodles forever). Doing a Whole30 at least every couple months - definitely in January. 

17 hours ago, Jael said:

Drawbacks: Social isolation - you risk boring your friends because you end up talking about everything you can't eat. Plus, going out to eat. I'm a huge foodie and hated being *that* kind of diner.

I totally agree, I'm craving to go out and just not worry or care about what's in what and sugar, and bread and all that jazz..  Hate being that diner. But I guess you can be more aware.. and order things to suit this lifestyle. Or not go out! HA

Love feeling stronger and just more cut.... see muscles coming through and I'm still over weight. I'm gonna measure myself and do my body fat tomorrow! 

Can Not Wait!  DAY 30!! Almost done!

Archived