Everyday PW30

Stegner

Just finished a short stint of mule-work, just yard and garden stuff, but I feel so good. The view from my porch is greatly improved and I have earned my keep.  When I push my brain and my body I do a lot less thinking about what would taste good.  

Just back from a weekend out of town. I ate a couple of cookies I could easily have said "no thank you" to, but I enjoyed them and enjoyed the company very much. The happy event I want to record is that I did not eat as if I were off the diet. I did not eat as if this would be my last chance to eat cookies. I did not keep eating when I got home - as if I would be starting a diet tomorrow morning.  I just came home, read a bit, and went to bed.  This is another in a series of small victories. 

Another note to self: Maintain the rhythm of hunger and satisfaction.  If I am never hungry, I never experience satisfaction. If I don't experience satisfaction, I keep trying to find it with more, or different, or a more forbidden food.  Maintain the rhythm of hunger and satisfaction until I know it in my bones.  

• 1 month later...

After a week-long group hiking trip that included a fair amount of other people's food I was thinking that my pants were a little snug despite all the exercise and what I needed was two weeks of Atkins, or Dukan, or intermittent fasting, or some such thing, but I changed my mind.  What I needed was a return to my own cooking in my own kitchen with my own ingredients - timed  meals, no snacks.  I'm glad I dodged that bullet.   

Archived