Leftover coconut water from coconut milk/cream trick

AceOfSwords

Hey All,

I am getting ready to start a Whole 30, but still in the planning/getting past upcoming events stage. And I was wondering what do people do with the leftover coconut water when making their own coconut cream from coconut milk (as outlined on page 178 of The Whole 30 book)?

Thanks,

On 8/15/2016 at 10:55 AM, AceOfSwords said:

Thanks for the info. I was hoping there would something to use the water with, but oh well. I sometimes go through phases where I a really dislike wasting anything.

And GlennR, that is exactly the trick I was referring to.

Why not put it in a soup? I'm with you, I hate waste. 

On 26/08/2016 at 3:39 AM, Pandora Black said:

DRINK IT. Coconut water is low in calories and really good for you. Has natural electrolytes. Great way to refuel after a workout. 

The water in the tin tends to be just that - water - used to combine the thick & thin 'creams' produced from the grated coconut meat.

Coconut water on the hand is the liquid found inside the fruit - this is the one with the natural electrolytes. It's kind of like a light fruit juice though and we'd recommend it only for those involved in endurance sports, or those whose work leaves them prone to dehydration.

Since I have only been using the coconut cream in my coffee, when I get to the water, I just pour it in the cup with the rest.  I am personally not fond of coconut water by itself , but in something else the flavor just blends in, and it is supposed to be good for you.  

• 8 months later...

Archived