Starting Monday Aug 15

CarolynB

Hi CarolynB! I'm starting my 3rd Whole30 tomorrow. It can be tough, but it's NOT impossible! This forum is such a great source of support, because these people have done this, and can help guide you through tough times and give you suggestions and solutions as needed. I can tell you that no matter how tough it gets, it is TOTALLY worth it. I'd be happy to hang out here and share my experience this time around. I'm not an expert, I'm just someone who's been there/done that. And I'm doing it again. You CAN DO THIS!

My first tip is this: Plan, prepare, plan some more, and prepare. You can't do too much planning and prep work for this!

Hi all, good luck to you all X

I started today! So far so good although I've spent a lot more time in supermarkets reading labels!! Amazing where sugar is hidden....

Feeling a little bit apprehensive about it all but positive too. Thankfully I enjoy cooking which I'm sure will help. Wish me luck! 

I am starting next Monday, August 22nd - I "fake" started last month. I realized I really needed to plan - to make food (especially snacks) ahead of time and to find alternatives to things I might order when I am out for dinner or socializing with friends. I never liked seltzer water but I have come to really enjoy it this past month - and when everyone else has wine, I will be putting my flavored seltzer water in a wine glass (maybe with a little fruit!).  Good luck - I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Hi There,

I'm starting tomorrow! I already started a thread but had issues with my account and couldn't respond. 

I had to do a whole new account.. 

I've prepped today too! Made Mayo, Protein Salad, Hard boiled eggs,  and have Bone Broth in the slow cooker.

I thought I had spinach for my frittata but it went bad.. so I'm just gonna make myself some yummy eggs in the AM.

Got my meal plan for the week and i'm really excited for this!
Hope everyone is well!

Vanessa

Have fun everyone! Planning is key- tomorrow I will be 7 days down and I have been grocery shopping 3 times! I go through a ton of fresh veggies (especially since I only buy a few avocados and other veggies that go bad faster a few at a time since its just me eating it) then all that food equates to a bit of prep time, but I think it is totally worth it! 

I'm starting today my second whole30. The last one finished last saturday ! I had a week end off and am ready now for a second round. I planed to do a whole60 first, but wanted to have a proper dinner with my fiancé at least once this month. 

Good luck everybody !

Ok, now on day 2. Still getting to grips with it all but going ok. 

Last night I made chicken meatballs with tomato and chilli sauce and had it with courgette (zucchini) noodles. It was very tasty! Had leftover meatballs with half an avocado and a large tomato for breakfast this morning. Quite strange for breakfast but very filling and satisfying. 

Hope everyone else is doing well.... Onwards and upwards. X

Hi everyone , it's day 1 of my second whole 30. I'm having my coffee with coconut milk this morning and trying to wake up. I'm a teacher on summer holidays so this time I'm completing half my whole 30 before i go back to work, the worst will be over by the time I face the kids! 

Hope everyone has a great day one! (Or two! ) 

Day 1  started kind of rough for me.. My daughter had a fever all weekend so I had to take her to the doctors..

She was super clingy all morning so I got to eat 2 hours after waking up. UGHH. 

But I got my Egg Frittata with Avocado and Watermelon. 

Had Tuna salad with spinach and ranch dressing with watermelon for lunch. I burned my mouth on a hot cup of bone broth

and now my mouth is killing me. 

I'm off to work out and then coming back to make some Salmon with veggies. 

I went to Whole Foods and spent way more then was willing, but I have to keep reminding myself I'm not spending money on my Starbucks

habit everyday so that should counter balance some how. HA!

Hope everyone's doing good. 

Vanessa

On 8/14/2016 at 11:06 AM, Natnewbie said:

Hi all, good luck to you all X

I started today! So far so good although I've spent a lot more time in supermarkets reading labels!! Amazing where sugar is hidden....

Feeling a little bit apprehensive about it all but positive too. Thankfully I enjoy cooking which I'm sure will help. Wish me luck! 

I know about the sugar! It was in hash browns! Just potatoes and dextrose! Why?

Archived