Made It... Anticlimactic?

Bellmaestra

Today is Day 31, ALREADY. And I am happy, pleased, relieved... but I have to admit I feel a little like I do on Christmas morning. It was the anticipation that was so energizing. Being at the "goal" has left me with a little feeling of "Is that all there is?"

My husband and I did this together, and it's been a terrific experience. Doing it together was so much easier on the cook, who happens to be me. He lost around 8-10 pounds; I lost closer to 10. But I have a LOT more to lose, which may be a little of why I'm experiencing this reality check.

I think I felt the best about a week ago. I was full of energy, and was seeing my clothes fit a lot better. Over the past week I've kind of felt the same. Really good, but maybe just getting used to feeling that way.

But the thing I also have to admit is that I lost 10# in a month while living a very sedentary life. Summer for me is a time to sit around and read books and have a break from the busy September-May schedule. My poor Fitbit probably wonders why I even bother wearing it. So I have to factor that into my results, and use that as incentive for driving forward.

I think I'm going to stay with the paleo lifestyle indefinitely. I'll have to be careful my husband gets enough to eat, because he doesn't have any more to lose. He does love his bread and sugary things like Manwich and ketchup, so this has been good for him, and he says he feels better.

So... focusing on the good, and realizing this is not the end by any means!

And tonight: some wine! Cheers!

Stephanie

• 4 weeks later...

The reality check is........ that you are so much more than a number on a scale!  No matter how much you THINK you have to lose.

What are some of the NSV (non-scale victories) that you have experienced?  Focus on how you feel!!! Not the stupid number on that useless dust collecting, soul crushing device that makes you think your weight has something to do with your health!

You deserve better than that!

Archived