Hello! 

So I've been encouraged in the forum to post my meals... This is so had for me (because I've been so embarrassed to eat to much or by the way I eat)..... So because it's hard I know I need to do this.... Somehow I'm sure it's going to set me free from that food shame and bodyweight shame I've been fighting with since I started competing in bikini fitness 2 years ago. 

I already left the competitive sport and gained back for the 3rd time 8kg of pure fat just by stopping my really strict diet and eating "normal". 

Im confused because in nutrition everything contradicts the last thing.... And I'm really hoping with all my being that the whole30 is the answer I've been looking for, to be able to have a happy, fit and SUSTAINABLE way of eating and living and a whole new relationship with my body and the food.... I'm also hoping at some point I can drop this extra pound I'm carrying and feel fit again, which is core importance for me..... 

During the whole 30 I've been bloating a lot, I've had several headaches and digestive issues which I didn't have before and I'm also gaining what I consider quick a lot of weight (I can not put my shorts on any more) so I'm kind of freaking out.... 

So here we go. 

I I have a meal prep system so all my food get to my house at the meal times fresh, organic and the best quality possible here in Bali, Indonesia where I currently live. 

So im not cooking, I give instructions that are very precise, I have some extra proteins and fats at home so that were not rrstricted in any ways in case we feel we need more food in one meal and it's an amazing practical thing for me since I was obsessed and a slave to cooking and measuring while in my bikini preps, so I really stoped liking cooking anymore. 

(I enjoy cooking on Sunday's and I've really enjoyed that during the whole 30 which is great news, I've been really creative) 

one me important thing to mention is that my height is 1.57 m, weight right now I guess could be aprox 58kg, in March this year for my competition I was 49kg, in October last year I was also 49 kg for competition and then bounced. I've never weighted so much as I do right now. I'm 32 years old. I just stoped taking my birth control pills wich I took for 18 years straight... This I did because I don't want to put more hormones in my body and decided to start the whole 30 and drop the pills same time. Also I excersice 7 to 10 times a week, I had stoped a bit because of a huge post competition depression and I started again 15 days ago with the whole 30. I do 4 days weights for 1 hour and 20 min HIIT and 3 days just group class's that are intense cardio with some resistance too and are 1 Hr long, and this week I'm planing to start  extra HIIT 3 afternoons.

Yesterdays meals (day 14) we only ate meat because it's what we eat the least in the week so we enjoy to do that. 

Breakfast

One piece of watermelon. 

200 g aprox of Australian striploin with cooked with just sea salt. 3 grapes, handful of cashew nuts, handful of olives, organic cinnamon. And the 1/4 avo which was to bitter so I did not eat that one. 

Lunch 

Arugula salad (rocket) + been tenderloin + mi de pitarles and veggies. (St french restaurant. 

Post training 

one palm of my hand portion of Australian skirtsteak plus sweetener portal homemade baked "fries" and a brócoli green bean salad. 

Dinner 

One piece of watermelon. 

200 g aprox of Australian striploin with cooked with just sea salt. 3 grapes, handful of cashew nuts, handful of olives, organic cinnamon, like 1/2 hand of Mellon. Broccoli and organic oyster mushroom.

Todays food (day 15) 

meal prep system :) plus a little of my own... 

Wake up 6:30 am 

Breakfast 7:30 am (was also pre workout meal)

image.jpeg

5 pieces of smoked salmon (maybe about 5 oz) plus green veggies steamed and lemon and few sunflower and sesame seeds. 

10:30 am post workout meal 

image.jpeg

salmon steack 5 or 6 oz with mixes salad with a small portion of sweet potato (I wrist max) and a small portion of pineapple (1/2 wrist maybe) with tomato carrot lettuce, cucumber and lemon, garlic dressing. 

2 pm Lunch 

image.jpeg

2 beef patties a little smaller than my palm (ground beef) with balsamic coconut dressing (no sugar or sweeteners) with rocket and beetroot salad, 1 close hand of olives and one full hand of coconut meat + 2 handfuls of pumpkin. 

Btw after lunch I was really bloated and decided not to train in the afternoon, which I was planing to start today. I also felt tired and didn't think it was compassionate or smart to do that to my body so I didn't go to my second session. 

I feel proud for that. 

Although my bikini competitor mind is driving me crazy with this should've... This is the only way I know to look fit, so it keeps coming back with i guess unhealthy ideas talking to my mind. 

Thanks for for support, guidance and comments in advance.

Lol

Day 15 today this was dinner 

Turmeric with almond milk and cinnamon (one little jar, maybe I cup size) 

one piece of watermelon 

a lot of veggies 

one Palm of my hand size fish

closed handful of almonds 

5 olives 

unbelievable with the size of my dish I ended up hungry but decided I've eaten enough... Because I see the plate was huge and according to template this is enough. Im not sure if it's anxiety so I'm deciding to wait and see. I just want fruit or nuts so maybe it's my sugar dragons, because I don't want any more fish. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Ok, so you're definitely not eating too much. Your meals all look really tasty but most of them should be larger given your activity levels, and certainly heavier on the fat - this will help with your craving for fruit & nuts too. What guidelines have you give the company who are delivering your food? And how often do they think you're eating? I could (& do!) easily eat double this volume. I'm 5'2" and weigh around 125lbs.

Hopefully with some tweaks we can help you feel a little better....

Ditch the nuts. They are an inferior fat source, and should be eaten in moderation due to their tendency to cause digestive distress, bloating, skin break outs etc - you're having nuts at almost every meal, we'd recommend a closed handful every other day max. I believe that if you switch to alternative fat sources your bloat will resolve, and you'll be fuller for longer. Try things like home made mayo, fatty cuts of meat, roast your veg in duck/goose fat, cook your meal in a generous amount of oil.

If it's possible that FODMAPs are an issue for you then you should also ditch the watermelon. It's high in fructose and can cause bloating/cramping. I say this because the day you reported feeling bloated after lunch you had beetroot & pumpkin on your plate - both high FODMAPs - plus you'd had broccoli that morning. 

Up your protein to at least a palm & a half to see how you go. Don't be afraid to eat x2 palm sized pieces of protein either. You're training every day, sometimes twice. You need it. The 1-2 palm sized pieces is the absolute minimum - it's perfectly okay to eat more.

A serving of olives is an open handful. Eat a full serving, not 5 olives.

I'd comment as well that following a period of dietary restriction what can happen is what some people refer to as a re-feed. The body likes the nutritious food you're providing, and the appetite increases accordingly in order to catch up nutritionally. And just like shoppers panic buying before a predicted storm that will keep every one indoors your body's instinct is to survive, so as I mentioned previously the body may even store a little extra fat as a contingency in case the change is not a permanent one.

Hope this helps :)

• Moderators

The one thing I have to add is that you may want to consider dialing back the workouts... 7-10 times a week is excessive and while being fit is of core importance to you and I understand that, you're actually doing a disservice to your body by stressing it like that... all the food advice in the world isn't going to help you if you're not resting and recovering.  Even the most high level body builders/crossfitters/body competition contenders have rest and recovery days scheduled in even during competition prep, which is not what you're even doing now... 

Seriously consider that you've changed to this eating plan and dropped the birth control because you want to honor and take care of your body but you're pushing it awfully hard by working out 10 times a week.

1 hour ago, SugarcubeOD said:

The one thing I have to add is that you may want to consider dialing back the workouts... 7-10 times a week is excessive and while being fit is of core importance to you and I understand that, you're actually doing a disservice to your body by stressing it like that... all the food advice in the world isn't going to help you if you're not resting and recovering.  Even the most high level body builders/crossfitters/body competition contenders have rest and recovery days scheduled in even during competition prep, which is not what you're even doing now... 

Seriously consider that you've changed to this eating plan and dropped the birth control because you want to honor and take care of your body but you're pushing it awfully hard by working out 10 times a week.

This! I was thinking this reading your original post but didn't know how to say it just yet. Overworking your body can make it go into a physiological panic mode, which would for sure cause it to hold onto everything it can.

One more thing, while we're on the topic of lifestyle changes - what are you doing for your mental/emotional health? There are a lot of changes being made, and it sounds like you are comforted in some ways by working out. What are some other things you can do that you will similarly enjoy? I have begun reading much more to help me handle stress and relax more, and it's really helping. I've also read more books in the last two months than I had in the previous 1-2 years, which feels like a real accomplishment.

I know this is just another thing added to your list, but caring for your mind will help you do what you need to do for your body. I also want to say I am SO EXCITED for you - you have come so far, and it was nice to see that you are already working to make more compassionate choices for your body. Keep going!!

2 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

51 minutes ago, Staggolee41 said:

This! I was thinking this reading your original post but didn't know how to say it just yet. Overworking your body can make it go into a physiological panic mode, which would for sure cause it to hold onto everything it can.

One more thing, while we're on the topic of lifestyle changes - what are you doing for your mental/emotional health? There are a lot of changes being made, and it sounds like you are comforted in some ways by working out. What are some other things you can do that you will similarly enjoy? I have begun reading much more to help me handle stress and relax more, and it's really helping. I've also read more books in the last two months than I had in the previous 1-2 years, which feels like a real accomplishment.

I know this is just another thing added to your list, but caring for your mind will help you do what you need to do for your body. I also want to say I am SO EXCITED for you - you have come so far, and it was nice to see that you are already working to make more compassionate choices for your body. Keep going!!

I did actually touch on this in my original response on Maria's troubleshooting thread which is why I ddn't bring it up again here... There are a lot of changes to be made here so I thought I'd focus on one thing at a time. It's actually a lot more common than you'd think for people to train just as often as this (myself included not a million years ago) - and it's just as hard a habit to change as changing the way we eat, moreso for someone who has trained competitively.

Furthermore, you say you sleep well and are not at all stressed (& yet you are stressng about your weight), but training is a stress to the body in and of itself, and the fact that you are training 6-7  times a week may be stressing your body more than you realise. I assume you factor in rest &recovery days?

38 minutes ago, jmcbn said:

I did actually touch on this in my original response on Maria's troubleshooting thread which is why I ddn't bring it up again here... There are a lot of changes to be made here so I thought I'd focus on one thing at a time. It's actually a lot more common than you'd think for people to train just as often as this (myself included not a million years ago) - and it's just as hard a habit to change as changing the way we eat, moreso for someone who has trained competitively.

Absolutely - I just really liked the way SugarcubeOD said it. Your point about there being many changes is good - it would be really easy to be overwhelmed here. It does sound like Maria is proceeding with the overall right idea that will, over time, change so many of these things, which is compassion for oneself.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you guys!!!! I cannot thank you enough! :) The love, even the tough one is amazing and I'm so happy to have your wise and studied opinion and support (because I can see the expertise in every detail)

I apologize for the looooong post. but since you guys really know what you're talking about, I can see you also really care and you've been so helpful, Im definitely taking this opportunity to really get this right and start changing my life for good, which is starting to be a lot easier with your kind help.....

That being said.....

SO, would it be better for my body to do just 6 days of training and no double sessions?

And rest on sunday for example? I do think it'd really appreciate that. I'm sorry, I know you said so from the beginning but resting and recovery days it just bounced back from my head because I have almost never ever in years had those (Ive been off training of the post competition low I had and each time it was for 2 months, and recently I traveled to thailand and I was so tired with the touristing that I didn't workout for 3 weeks as well, but when I start, I never rest cause I think of rest as rest for that muscle so I don't repeat the muscle group in the next 3 days and that's it..... And honestly I always freak out when not exercising much and think I'm going to gain fat...) And yes! It's hard for my mind.... It's super freaked out by everything I've been telling it..... 

As for the other activities, I sunbathe a lot cause I love it and I'm also reading, which I also enjoy a lot. I actually started a book yesterday that I think will compliment a lot my whole 30 or whole 60 or whole something process... :) The name is "The Tapping solution for Weightloss and Body confidence" By Jessica Ortner, its about using EFT to lower cortisol levels... so far makes a lot of sense and has the same line of thought than whole 30 I think. 

I'm also doing a 21 day meditation challenge for weightloss. Its 10 min every morning as soon as I wake up... And that's about it. 

I enjoy a lot also a walk on the beach and dancing, but again this would be more exercise for my body too... I guess Im realizing my body or mind or both might be somehow and addict to the endorphins in high intensity moving.

What about massage, is there some kind of massage that is suggested or good to help the body better or is massage in general a good idea? And how often? (hahaha... being so disciplined in my life, it easy for me to follow instructions or recomendations)

Also, IM SOOO happy that you say im not eating too much! Ive been so afraid of the fat and extra protein that I really feel relieved to know actually my body could take more of it. I often feel guilty because my plate looks too full and I think I've eaten too much. I also am trying to not have a second plate or another thing after the first plate. But that might also be a past unhealthy behavior... I don't know. 

About the FODMAPs I had no idea I could be sensitive but it makes sense, I'm going to put more attention and continue tomorrow with the log to see if we catch that an so eliminate it too. 

To be honest, yesterday I had maybe a flashback mood swing, and I was really angry and sad in the evening for no reason... Im embarrassed to say this because my life is awesome and its everything I've dreamed about! but yes, the food and my body "obsession" has been getting in the way of my happiness for a while, and that's also why I'm happy I'm working on this now, to make it better. 

Emotionally and spiritually I'm working with my life coach who's been guiding me to a healthier brighter me :) and its been soon good that my intuition guided me to the whole 30 and that's why I'm here and I'm willing to change... but of course, from where I come, I'd made great progress but I'm still on the way..... with less ups and downs and softer ones but still some..... And sometimes still intense. 

I also went to do hypnotherapy!!... so yes! I've been using my best tools to get me out of the pain I've cause myself with this past choices I made. 

And of course I'm open to new tools that will help me have a fit healthy lifestyle once and for all, and be free of food and what others might think also as you so well suggested. I'm willing to give it my all... I really am.

Im really grateful too because my partner gustavo is also doing his whole 30 with me and supporting me all the way... we've been thru a lot together specially this year because we both where competing, so it's been hard on him too, specially because I've been so depressed I guess and also I was always feeling bad specially because my bloating was really bad (which is what got me to the allergies exam) and also my migraines where very frequent... but well, I'm grateful now I'm here :)

Now this is what I told the prep: 

No: Legumes (including peanuts), Smoothies, Grains (including quinoa and corn), no added sugar and natural sweeteners (including honey, maple, coconut sugar, etc), Seed oils, Baked goods (even the paleo ones please)

MARIA

NO: Chicken, Egg (including things cooked with egg), Dairy. Basically I can eat any meat except egg and chicken.

Breakfast: 
3 oz animal protein 
+ veggies. 

Optional: 1 small portion of fat: for example 1/2 handful of coconut flakes  1/4 avocado, 1/2 handful of nuts or olives or 1/2 a glass of coconut milk. No fruit or carb dense veggies.   

Post workout meal: 
5 to 6 oz animal protein 
+ veggies 
+ 4 to 5 oz of starchy veggies (like sweet potato, butternut squash, pumpkin, potatoes, taro, beat... ) 

Optional: 1 small portion of fat: for example 1/2 handful of coconut flakes  1/4 avocado, 1/2 handful of nuts or olives or 1/2 a glass of coconut milk. No fruit or carb dense veggies. 

It could be for example a salad with all this things or a normal plate that would look like lunch or breakfast. 

Lunch and Dinner: 
5 to 6 oz animal protein 
+ lots of veggies (any kind including all)
+ 1 or 2 portions of fat: (One portion would be for example 1 handful of coconut flakes  1/2 avocado, 1 handful of nuts or olives or a glass of coconut milk. 

Occasionally: add one portion of fruit

And this is the menu they're cooking for me this week, to which I always add specially fat (they're too afraid of fat so I always notice they send to little of it and I adjust) One last important thing is I usually train after my first meal, 30 min to 90 min after that, so I followed the guidelines of the pre workout for breakfast and that's why it's smaller. 

Maria’s Menu

Monday

B: Mixed greens + 5 slices smoked salmon topped with basil pesto

S: Mixed salad (no Corn) with tuna steak + sweet potato cubes 

L:  Minced beef on beetroot salad + rocket with walnuts and roasted pumpkin and vinaigrette

D: Grilled mahi-mahi roasted vegetable with fresh Coriander and Lemon

Tuesday

B: 6 King Prawns + sauted spinach  + tomato relish

S: Mixed Salad (no Corn) + salmon fillet + potato cubes + handful of olives

L: Minced beef with mediterranean wok (eggplant, zucchini, mushroom, red peppers, onions) topped with black pepper topped with mixed seeds

D: Miracle Soup with tuna steak + mixed nuts

Wednesday

B: ¼ Avocado + 10 shrimps + rocket salad + tomato salsa 

S: Mixed Salad (no Corn) with mahi mahi + beetroot cubes + 2 macadamia nuts

L: Minced Beef patty with broccoli stir fry with roasted Almonds and Fresh Greens and spicy Red Sauce

D: Magic soup with seaweed, spirulina and sesame lemon and grilled tuna steak

Thursday

B: Smashed Sweet potatoes + grilled veggies + minced beef

S: Mixed Salad (no Corn) 6 slice smoked salmon + pumpkin cubes + ¼ avocado 

L: Tuna steak with mixed Greens of spinach, zucchini, broccoli , bok choy 

D: Roasted pumpkin – carrot - coconut cream soup with pumpkin seeds + salmon fillet + handful olives

Friday

B: 6 King Prawns + rocket salad + basil pesto

S: Mixed Salad (no Corn) with  + minced beef + sweet potato cubes + handful Olives 

L: Bourbour salmon on sautéed spinach and roasted with roasted vegetable ratatouille with ranch Dressing and fresh thyme

D: Caramelized cauliflower and broccoli & green olives and fresh parsley + mahi mahi filet + mixed nuts 

Saturday

B: ¼ Avocado + 5 slices smoked salmon + tomato relish

S: Mixed Salad (no Corn) minced beef + pumpkin cubes + mixed veggies + 2 Macadamia nuts

L: Big Portion Shrimps with Bok Choy and Cherry Tomato Stir Fry

D: Minced beef on roasted Vegetable with fresh Coriander and Lemon

I really appreciate your feedback. 

And also If there's a better way to ask for my meals I'd be happy to send the guidelines again for next weeks menu and adjust by myself for this week. 

I attach also my allergies exams. It was this year in May. 

HEAH SIEU MIN 3429671 MARIA LAURA VIQUEZ-96F.pdf

2 hours ago, Mariaviquez said:

No: Legumes (including peanuts), Smoothies, Grains (including quinoa and corn), no added sugar and natural sweeteners (including honey, maple, coconut sugar, etc), Seed oils, Baked goods (even the paleo ones please)

MARIA

NO: Chicken, Egg (including things cooked with egg), Dairy. Basically I can eat any meat except egg and chicken.

Breakfast: 
3 oz animal protein 
+ veggies. 

Post workout meal: 
5 to 6 oz animal protein 
+ veggies 
+ 4 to 5 oz of starchy veggies (like sweet potato, butternut squash, pumpkin, potatoes, taro, beat... ) 

It could be for example a salad with all this things or a normal plate that would look like lunch or breakfast. 

Lunch and Dinner: 
5 to 6 oz animal protein 
+ lots of veggies (any kind including all)
+ 1 or 2 portions of fat: (One portion would be for example 1 handful of coconut flakes  1/2 avocado, 1 handful of nuts or olives or a glass of coconut milk. 

Occasionally: add one portion of fruit

And this is the menu they're cooking for me this week, to which I always add specially fat (they're too afraid of fat so I always notice they send to little of it and I adjust) One last important thing is I usually train after my first meal, 30 min to 90 min after that, so I followed the guidelines of the pre workout for breakfast and that's why it's smaller. 

Ok, so we'll start with the food....

Your meals sound amazing however I'd maybe pass on >this sneaky sugars list< and >this common additives list< to whomever is making your food just to ensure they're not including any of these in your meals. How are they caramelising the cauliflower by the way?

Secondly I'd say to move away from quoting protein in ounces. Protein should be measured according to the size of your palm - that's the length, width & depth of it - since you're out-sourcing your meals I can see why you're asking for it this way, but the palm measurement is something you need to get used to yourself. As I've said before the 1-2 palm sized recommendation is the absolute minimum - it's okay to eat more when you're particularly active...

Fat - never ask for a half portion, like EVER. Never ask for a small portion either. A generous serving of fat is what you're after - a half an avocado, an open handful of olives, a couple of spoonfuls of mayo, a closed handful of nuts (every other day max), etc etc

Veggies - you're aiming for 1-3 cups per meal - 3 is optimum, so ALWAYS lots of veggies. You look to be getting a good variety so that's great. Plus you're leaving starches until postWO or later in the day - also great. Fruit you're keeping to a minimum - great.

PreWO should be a separate meal from breakfast. The general rule of thumb would be that if your first meal of the day (breakfast) will be more than an hour after wakening due to your training schedule then you should include a preWO meal which should be fat & protein only. The easy option here is a hard boiled egg maybe dipped in some mayo. Your postWO (taken immediately upon finishing your session) should be a lean protein & optional starchy carb (around 25g protein is adequate here), and then your breakfast should follow around 30mins later (say after you're showered & dressed for instance), and it should be a template meal made up of protein, fat & vegetables. No fat in your postWO meal as it will slow down absorption of nutrients to the muscle, hence the need to make it a separate meal. No carb dense veg preWO as these will provide your body with an immediate source of fuel when you want it to be tapping into it's fat stores. So in summary, x3 template meals, + PostWO - and + preWO if training will delay breakfast for more than an hr after wakening.

Ok, training...

I know this is hard to fathom but actually 5 days training per week is adequate. Take another look at the rest & recovery article and see how important it is to allow your body time to TRULY recover. Now I know this is hard to take in. Believe me, I speak from personal experience because I move in similar circles to yourself and for a LONG LONG time was guilty of over-training - in hindsight to my body's detriment. It wasn't until I was a few months into Whole30 eating and had really embraced a Whole9 lifestyle that I saw the bigger picture and realised the impact that my obsessive training was having on my overall health. 18 or so months down the line and I am in a MUCH better place - physically, mentally & emotionally, and I get as much of an endorphin kick from going on a walk along the coast and having a chat with a friend as I ever did from spending 90mins killing myself in the weights room. I still train, I just don't overdo it, and I don't stress if I miss a day, or a week for that matter. Baby steps though - I know it's not easy to let go of that feeling of control.

And on to massage...

I neglected massage myself for a while having gone previously for deep tissue massage once every 6wks. I ended up training around injuries & doing myself more damage so I started up again a month or two ago after a long round of physio and I have to say it's one of the most relaxing (not at the time obviously!) things that I do - I come away feeling so loose & supple!! I've scheduled in one every 8wks going forward and actually I have one this weekend! An Indian head massage, soft tissue massage, Swedish massage, or whatever kind of massage you think you'd like will do wonders for you - but I'd imagine with your training schedule that deep tissue might be the way to go, for now at least.

Next up, depression...

If you're feeling particularly low, depressed, or anxious don't be afraid to up the starches a little bit. I think you're playing a little nutritional catch up here so you're bound to be feeling low, and this will help - as will spending time outdoors and getting plenty of Vitamin D. Your fish intake looks good but you could also include foods like banana, pineapple, turkey, & walnuts all of which are high in tryptophan which is the precursor for serotonin, aka the happy hormone.

And so finally on to....... reading, meditation, walking, & dancing - all great for the soul, however one word comes up often here - weight-loss. I think for now you need to ease your focus on that a little. Let's be honest here - you're never going to look like you did when competing, sorry, your body fat will never be so low because it's just not natural. Place your focus on health, happiness, and your overall well-being and I think everything else will fall into place....

Ok, got it! 

I already asked to take out The fodmaps. 

Now, I wake up and go to this cafe to have the pre workout meal (what they call breakfast) and I usually have it aprox 1 hr after waking. Then, 20 to 40 min after y train. And then I eat the post workout. 

Is this ok, or should I have a normal breakfast and then go train (a breakfast similar to lunch and dinner) 

the only thing I'm woried about is when I train sometimes it's a lot of jumping or things like that and I like to feel light, I don't like to eat a lot before training and feel very full because I cannot move as well. 

Also so my post workout is so big that I think I could not eat a whole meal 30 min after that one, so I'm going to give you my schedule and please advise which meal where: 

6:30 wake up 

7:25 am Pre- workout (finish at 8 am) this is what my meal prep calls breakfast. My food is prepared by a boutique cafe, I have my breakfast there every morning. 

8:30 am train for 1 to 2 hrs. 

10 am or 11 am aprox. Post workout (what they call snack in my prep)  ¿I should change this one to about 25g of protein with 25 g aprox starchy veggie, instead of a whole salad? 

2 or 3 pm lunch 

7 to 9 pm dinner. 

Thanks again! 

2 minutes ago, Mariaviquez said:

7:25 am Pre- workout (finish at 8 am) this is what my meal prep calls breakfast. My food is prepared by a boutique cafe, I have my breakfast there every morning. 

8:30 am train for 1 to 2 hrs. 

10 am or 11 am aprox. Post workout (what they call snack in my prep)  ¿I should change this one to about 25g of protein with 25 g aprox starchy veggie, instead of a whole salad? 

2 or 3 pm lunch 

7 to 9 pm dinner. 

Thanks again! 

Ok, looking at your schedule my suggestion would be:

7:00-7:30 breakfast - full template meal (by the time you train @ 8:30 the carbs should then have already peaked & troughed as glucose in your blood leaving your body to burn fat)

8:30 train

10:00/10:30 postWO meal - approx 25g protein & some starchy carbs (around twice the amount of protein for an intense work out or if you've trained twice that day - which I'd recommend against)

12:30/1:00 lunch - full template meal - protein, fat & vegetables

6:00-7:00 pm dinner - full template meal - protein, fat & vegetables

As you get further into your Whole30 you may find that you can go a little longer between meals (I usually go around 6hrs) but for now I think this is a good schedule as you'll have been used to eating smaller, more regular meals up until now. If the fat level is okay this should be perfectly do-able.

Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, Mariaviquez said:

Ok, got it! I Think then my Breakfast special y should change. 

And more fat in The other meals 

This was was Breakfast today 

10 shrimp

HALF avocado Remember I said NEVER ask for a small serving of fat. Ever. A HALF an avocado is a proper serving. The fat here is going to be providing energ for your work out as it hit's the blood as glucose a little over an hour ofter eating and continues to peak well into your next meal. Fat gives a slow, steady release of energy.

rocket and lemon. and maybe some other green veg such as zucchini, spinach and/or kale - a salad needs to be pretty huge to be substantial

I drank water

Pic latter :) 

Thank you!!! 

2 hours ago, Mariaviquez said:

Post workout salad with lettuce, about 4 oz potatoes, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, carrot, 1/2 hand closed of cashew nuts, 2 macadamia nuts, 1.5 palms of white fish and lemon. NO FAT POST WORK OUT (nuts are a fat source in Whole30 terms), protein postWO need only be around 25g.

No, please re-read my recommendations in the long post above from yesterday, and then note the suggested  changes I've made in your meals here in red. Your TEMPLATE meals should have a palm & a half of protein, post WO need not be nearly so big. There is no benefit to eating a huge amount of protein postWO as the body will only absorb absorb around 25g. The benefits are seen by eating adequate amounts of protein throughout the day.

Hope this clears things up :)

Thank you! Yes it's clearer. 

I wanted to post what I'm having to be sure before I tell the changes to the meal prep. 

So, this is what my instructions will exactly look like: (please any comments I'll be happy to include, I also already sent the sugars and additives don't list just to make sure again)

here it goes: 

For next week lets keep the same donts (same rules) and I'm just going to change a bit the composition of each meal, specially breakfast, as a recommendation of my whole 30 program. 

I think maybe the broccoli could be bloating me because again I bloated today after lunch wich had a lot of broccoli. So let's not eliminate it but keep it moderate, to see how it goes. As well as the fodmaps. 

Also we're going to lower the nuts that could also be causing it, and let's see from there. 

Any question please don't hesitate to ask. 

So, it will go like this: 

--------------

Breakfast- full template meal

PostWO meal: lean protein & optional starchy carb (around 25g protein is adequate here) No fat in postWO meal.

lunch - full template meal 

dinner - full template meal 

--------------

This is a Template meal which is what we'll use for breakfast, lunch and dinner, they should have: Animal Protein + generous serving of fat + veggies. 

The specifics below: 

Protein: 

5-7 oz of animal Protein (around 2 palms of the hand including the thickness) FOR MARIA 

8-10 oz of animal Protein (around 2 palms of the hand) FOR GUSTAVO  

Fat: 

One to two generous servings of fat; could be a half an avocado, an open wiping handful of olives, an open handful of coconut flakes or dry coconut skin, closed handful of nuts (JUST every other day max please), fatty cuts of meat, roasting veg in duck/goose fat, or it could be cooking the meal in a generous amount of coconut oil.

Veggies:

Veggies - 3 cups per meal, so ALWAYS lots of veggies. (Which can include starchy ones, it doesn't matter how much of which) 

---------------------

Yep, that sounds about right :)

Broccoli is a FODMAP by the way - you might find >this list< useful (about halfway down the page) when advising your meal preppers what veg to include. Stick to the green list & choose occasionally from the amber/yellow, avoid the red....

You're getting there!!

Hello!!! 

I I just want lo let you know I joined the September whole 30 :) I decided to do a whole 65. Today is my day 19. 

Im still struggling with the mirror but I can tell I'm already feeling happier and changing important perspectives about food, my body and the whole me.... A self love perspective which this program and this moment of my life are allowing  me to do the internal work and recover that love. 

Next week comes my new menu which I'll start posting on Monday so that we do the changes if necessary. I'm excited that it's going to be more complaint and so even more beneficial for us. 

I'm training 3 days weights with a 12 min HIIT at the end and 2 days cardio group classes for 1 hr. 

Still waking up a bit tired. 

Learning to to relax about the weight, haven't seen changes yet but I'm willing to adapt to my body's pace which mentally freaks me out still..!! OMG :o...! But I can and I will do. Anyways rushing has not have a great result in the past so I lack motivation every time more, to go back to my old habits. 

Your compasion, experience, knowledge and and interest is making me succeed and engage huge. 

Thank you you and have a nice day :) 

Several of this weeks meals... Here they come: 

Todays Breakfast. The plate is like a salad bowl so its really huge... 

Lots of veggies (maybe like 5 or even 6 cups including pumpkin, sweet potato, zucchini, carrot)

+1.5 to 2 palms of my hands protein: beef patties + ham

+ one open wiping handful black olives 

+one fig (I mixed with the veggies) + 2 dates (mixed with veggies meat and ham)

+ tomato relish on top of patties  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtl6elhzonjjrp5/IMG_2675.jpg?dl=0

Just so you have an idea of what I've been eating,

This is the complete record I have (sometimes I forget to take the pic... but most time I don't) 

the changes I made given recommendations you guys gave me and also if the amount are ok... Although as I said before, I can eat this and I love to feel Im satisfied... but I keep questioning in my mind if its too much and if it's gonna make me fat (to be brutally honest)

WEDNESDAY Aug 17

ALL PICS FOR THIS DAY HERE https://www.dropbox.com/sc/yj69kw85q486t6f/AACMir5mQVbwAJfbIbZMF5R2a

7:50 a.m. BREAKFAST

breakfast/ before workout meal wednesday aug 17

10 shrimp + half avocado + rocket + one glass 6 oz of golden latte (turmeric and spices) with coconut milk no sweetener. 

9:47 a.m. POST WO

Post workout wednesday 17 aug. (already changed this to only the protein and starry veggie to make it not as big, this was the last one I had this size)

2 palms fish

potato steamed 4 oz

cashew nits hand closed 

lettuce cucumber tomato carrot salad. 

1/2 wrist pineapple cubes 

1:30 p.m. LUNCH

1/2 grapefruit with a little bit of sea salt. (like 1 1/2 wrists )

about 3 cups brocoli sautée in coconut oil one spoon and 2 beef patties with one hand closed almonds. + one open wiping handful black olives 

THURSDAY AUG 18

7:30 BREAKFAST

2 beef patties, sweet potatoes and mixed veggies (this was before eliminating fodmaps and adding more fat)

PIC HERE https://www.dropbox.com/sc/j3hvmkotn7cn0qm/AADAktfzoP_FnwRk-d5_2cBja

MONDAY 22 AUG

10:15 am BREAKFAST 

Green veggies maybe 2 cups + one pal size salmon smoked + coconut shredded 1 hand closed (I corrected again with the meal preppers after this breakfast, too little fat and a bit little protein)

1 ginger and lemon tea no sugar

PIC HERE https://www.dropbox.com/sc/j3hvmkotn7cn0qm/AADAktfzoP_FnwRk-d5_2cBja

1:20 pm LUNCH

Raw spinach + 1 date + wiping hand of shredded coconut + coconut oil one table spoon 

Tow beef patties mixed with 1 date and carrot pumpkin and few sunflower seeds 

Pic here https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtl6elhzonjjrp5/IMG_2675.jpg?dl=0

5 p.m. 1 Kambucha no aded sugar 

TUESDAY 23 AUG

6 a.m. BREAKFAST 

1 T bone steak aprox 1.5 palms of my hand. 

Banana mixed with mango, 2 dates and one handful of shredded coconut and one tablespoon of coconut oil. 

about 4 oz sweet potato and very few sunflower seeds.

picture in this link (having trouble with size of pics that a are too big so this is how i figured better to share it)

PIC HERE https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtl6elhzonjjrp5/IMG_2675.jpg?dl=0

2 p.m. LUNCH 

2 palms of my hand size beef patties 

3 or more cups veggies including carrots, onion, lettuce tomato cucumber, dressing olive oil one thumb size (tablespoon) and lemon and sea salt. 

one Handfull coconut skin and 1 date. 

IMG_2647.jpg

5 p.m. 1/2 young coconut (water + the skin)

WEDNESDAY 24 AUG 

pic for this day here https://www.dropbox.com/sc/wa4je9cu5a23oyf/AAD32xGX-j3SnYkfSIgoZHQYa

7:40 am BREAKFAST 

2 palms of my hand chicken + beetroot 

1/2 banana and 1/4 mango cubes (one wrist in total) cooked with coconut oil and one open wiping handful coconut skin 

12:50 p.m. LUNCH 

One open wiping hand coconut skin + rocket and cucumber salad + carrots with onion cooked + 2 palm hand salmon + one thumb olive oil, lemon and sea salt. 

5 p.m. 1 dragonfruit kambucha no aded sugar 

6:50 p.m. DINNER 

Mixed veggies 3 cups (carrot zucchini pumpki, red and green capsicum) 

Open wiping hand black olives + one fig + 2 dates + 1.5 hand salmon + pesto sauce. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT... has not been an easy ride for me, its of things happening and healing and coming out in my body mind and spirit. 

Ans thanks for the understanding and compassion I do get here (plus the tough love of course! haha...)

MY MIXED FEELINGS AND SELFTALK: 

so this is me lately..... *at least now its mixed with includes positive :) 

I have to say and confess... although my mind continues in BIG drama and negative self talking me bec of whats happening to my body......

I DO HAVE TO SAY I'm enjoying soooo much being able to eat so many rich foods without the restrictions and measurements and calorie counting and macros and all that s*&^%t that has messed up my mind before.... specially the fruits, but sincerely ALL!! even the meat.... the amazing flavors and combinations... ohhh it's awesome and also awesome to just enjoy the food and satiate my appetite every time I eat, cause I can! haha...!

I'm enjoying this kind of eating SO MUCH more than I did with all my treats and fake sweetened food... Im loving the food again... although continue to be a little afraid of it bec of all previous information I've had... But I feel im progressing... 3 steps forward and 1 big step back and then 4 forward again and 2 steps back... etc etc... but moving forward at the end, although my mind doest want to admit it...

I would love to kill that program in the back of my head who keeps telling me nasty things about what's gonna happen, how I look and how much mistakes im making given the results in my weight.... I NEEED to trust that I'm gonna look good again!!!

Thats why I keep asking about your stories with the weight bec this really gives me a MUCH bigger faith, I think it will LOWER my anxiety, it has always helped me to see others accomplishing what I look forward too... Specially when I can relate to their beginnings. Are there any bikini competitor out there in this blog? or fitness models ? Has someone had a similar experience with their whole 30 and then had amazing overall results after x amount of time?..... Sorry to focus on this again but I'm being honest... please read this with compassion, I still feel like I need your support here please..... I know you girls have also been thru a lot and I really admire and rely on your success.... 

Hope this makes sense... here it goes: My mind talking..... I mean.... I can't be sooooo different, and I've also seen bikini models finish this program and leaning down soo amazingly like Chelsea Sanchez who I follow and love...... plus...... Melissa H (our author :)..) she looks soo shredded and amazing.... so again I ask myself... And there goes my mind... its day 27 for me.....Am I missing something in the instructions?, is it bec I didn't workout this week? how bad is that for my body or is it actually good? is there a "ideal" template on how to combine different kinds of excersice, at least for rehabs like me...? Am I loosing muscle?.... and then again!! ohh yes! I get it!!!! this kind of stressed thinking is what has my body kinda stuck.... (but I have to say I was also stressed when I was lean and I was still lean... hmmm... maybe more eating and less training freaks my mind out!! because it does the math and says.. ohh.. this is the perfect equation to become fat.... (strong word but its honest)) Anyways... this is the back program running....

Given this that I confess, I also know I am conscious now I NEED to really like me more... bec my self worth has been soo much put on how I look... and I understand now this requires patience and even more deep work which I've been doing... but its a process and doesn't happen overnight. 

I'm working on this! Hope it works.... 

Archived