First timer starting August 18th 2016

GrayFal

Powering thru the book, feel this will work for me. 

A bit bit anxious but really like the general concept of no weighing/measuring which is tough for me. Went food shopping and will start checking out the recipes. Also starting a 3-5 time per week walking regime today 8/15. 

Looking forward to reading these forums and hearing how others cope with the ups and downs of changing your lifestyle. 

I plan on starting this Friday, August 19th.  I see many people begin on a Sunday or Monday-but, Friday made more sense to me, as then I'll have the weekend to adjust and not have to be at work all day, every day during the beginning - guessing I may feel a bit sluggish/headachy?  Why did you choose a Thursday?  

Good luck!

I'm starting my 3rd Whole30 today as well. I have chosen to start on a Thursday as well, because past experiences have tagget me that I usually get headaches and become very tired day 3+4, and it is easier for me to cope with this during a weekend rather than during a workweek.

I chose THIs Thursday because I had a prior commitment on Tuesday and also wanted time to make a few grocery store trips.  Reading labels certainly slows down your shopping. 

Good point also about possible coping with headache/fatigue and just general changes on the weekend.  Good luck and success to all. 

Well day one is over!

i had Nespresso with coconut milk, eggs and sauté veggies for breakfast

lunch was a chicken leg/thigh and a small alvacado 

had some pistachios as a snack

dinner was grilled chicken, fresh veggies with canned tomatoes and baby potatoes. Was suppose to be steak, potato and garlic broccoli but a neighbor gave my husband some cooked sausage and another friend made a big pot of veggies so there you go. Steak will wait until tomorrow.  

Had some cashews as a bedtime snack.  Lots of water and club soda all day. 5,170 steps. 

Good night. 

Archived