Christina's whole30 starting 10/10/12

Christina Savage

I honestly cant remember if Im day 12 or 13... either way Im still on plan.

It amazes me that the lure to the off plan foods are not nearly as strong. Yes I want a cupcake but I dont look at the left over cupcakes every 5 minutes and think about it the rest of the time until I eat it. There isnt a constant discussion on my head of why I should or shouldnt eat something. Progress.

I am still snacking on plan food way too much - my stash of nuts and jerkey is almost gone and I have decided not to refill it so that will help. It will keep me out of the cabinets too since pretty much everyone on plan is in the fridge :)

Breakfast -

coffee with coconut milk and coconut oil

3 slices bacon

3 eggs

Lunch

Left over pork chop and onions over mashed cauliflower

Dinner

on plan sausage and tomatoe sauce over speghetti squash

Snacks

raw almonds, freeze dried berries

beef jerkey

baked apple

(see way too much :)

I promised myself after yesterdays 5k that exercise would be on the forefront... still need to do todays WOD, Im going to go do it as soon as I turn off the computer. Had a crazy busy day since the big kid was home from school sick. Hopefully he will be in school tomorrow!

Day 14

Today has been really good!!!!

I finished off my snack foods last night so it was just meals today and I have stuck with it really well. I wanted to much mid day but I did the hunger test - and no I would not eat fish and veggies so obviously I wasnt that hungry.

It also amazes me how I can say no to things right now - that NEVER would have happenned before! I made pumpkin bread and choc chip cookies today and besides a slight want, no major desire for a nibble here or there or everywhere :)

Breakfast - 3 slices bacon, 3 eggs, coffee with the usual

Lunch - left over speghetti squash, sausage and sauce, grape fruit

Dinner - sirloin, sweet potatoe, brocoli

Its about 8pm. I may have a few black berries and a cup of hot tea and get to bed semi early tonight.

Day 15 - Was a rough day. I was stressed to the max for no real reason and super cranky. Proud of me though that I decided instead of eating the pumpkin bread that I wanted to, instead I got a sitter and went to yoga. That helped the mood greatly until about dinner time then I was crazy cranky again. Hubby had to run out to get milk and it took everything in me not to ask him to get me a pint of coffee icecream! But I didnt.

Day 16 - wasnt drastically better. I find it very frustrating that Im struggling this far into the whole30. I am fantasizing about chocolate. I want to eat crap just to eat crap.

My amount of sleep hasnt been the greatest and I have been having a hard time getting the motivation to work out. I know it will help. I need to get motivated.

I have the SCREW it mentality constantly popping into my head - uhhhh

Day 17

BAD BAD BAD.

I just posted on another forum about my day. It has been horrible.

I have been feeling so down lately. I have no energy. I dont feel good in my skin. Im not sleeping well and Im not exercising. And Im frustrated. When I tried paleo for a week or so a few months ago I had this amazing reaction - I had SO much energy. I felt amazing. And this time that feeling didnt come. I have been 100% on with my eating plan. But the energy didnt come and I started feeling like a failure.

I havent done as well in the sleeping department as I should be. I havent worked out. My water intake isnt where it should be.

And instead of realizing those things and work on those - I threw my hands up and said fuck it.

I ate crap, some more crap and then some more crap.

And of course i feel like crap.

So now my 30 days start over. yippee - not

I need to get the rest of the plan going. I need to get to bed early tonight. I need to get up and exercise before work tomorrow. I need to back off the coffee and drink more water.

It just feels hopeless right now though.

Archived