Starting August 16th- Looking for Group

MarieRose13

I'm committing to my first whole30 today! I'm very excited, but a little nervous because I don't normally cook very much, so simple recipes would be much appreciated. I'd love to join others on the journey and exchange motivational posts. I'm particularly focused on taming my sugar dragon; I definitely overeat fruit! I'm also trying to work on eating mindfully and enjoying my food rather than checking my phone or reading. 

I started today as well!! I've done it twice before you can do it!! Good luck! 

The Iron You blog is one of my favorites for recipes, as are Goop, Minimalist Baker, My New Roots, Lee From America, Oh She Glows, Tessemae's has good recipes too to go with their store bought marinates/dressings. (Not all of these blogs are fully W30 compliant but there are plenty of great recipes that you can have!)

Hello - I also started my first Whole30 yesterday after a 2-week vacation where I overindulged with a lot of fun - but probably problematic - food. I usually eat rather sensibly and cook everyday but I know that I need this reset and here we go! My biggest challenges for the Whole30 will be cheese, wine and missing my black tea with milk in the morning. I immediately started on green tea and coffee with no sugar and I can surprisingly cope with that. The funny thing is that it will naturally help me cut down on coffee consumption over the day - especially at work. What are your biggest challenges? Is this your first time? And how are you doing on Day 2? feeling okay? I do but I know the road will be difficult in a few days. 

Oh and let me share what I had for dinner last night in case it inspires: salmon with diced tomatoes, lime and green olives with a dash of olive oil, stir-fry of courgettes, red onion and cranberries and steamed sweet potatoes.

Good day all!

It's Day 3 and I am not sure whether it is directly connected but I slept much better last night. i plan to do a chicken curry with vegetables tonight. Yum.

pbletsdothis: what food excites you? maybe it could still be compliant. As to wine, I understand because I like to sip a glass when I cook and finish it during dinner... but I will celebrate Day 31 with a glass of wine! and this is now only in 28 days...

Hello! Day 6 and it is not going too bad. Actually yesterday my husband and I celebrated our anniversary so we went for lunch at a nice restaurant. So instead of wine, we had fresh fruit cocktails (very nice) and I asked for no dairy in any of my food, which was a bit tough for the Cook but in the end it was lovely, with a starter of crab & avocado, followed by fish with vegetables. We skipped dessert but went to an ice-cream place for my husband. The surprising thing is that I did not even want any - whereas this is my favorite ice-cream place (and it is really really good). I was astonished.

In the end the hardest bit is really that I have to drink black coffee and cannot have milk in my tea. For the rest, it is not really new for me: whenever I went on a diet, I had to quit wine, cheese and all the exciting but forbidden food.

So, let's carry on with the program and see where it takes me. My husband is already feeling better even though it still has pasta and rice with the dinners I prepared. So if it does good to both of us, that will definitely be a win!

How are you doing so far?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my! Today is Day 17 already and time has gone quickly. I am already more than halfway there - incredible!

My general feeling is GOOD. 

I likely have lost some weight because I can feel it in certain clothes - but it is faint. I think by Day 30 the results will be more concrete. Skin is improving, hair is definitely better.

No more joint pains. Slightly more energy. More happy too. And VERY proud.

What about you? How are you holding up?

Archived