Dressings and dips for the autoimmune protocol..

Helene2310

So I am doing the autoimmune protocol (meaning no eggs, nuts, or nightshades) and needed some help with the sauces and dressings. I have been using balsamic but I am bored of it now. The ony thing is a lot of the condiments contain the ingredients above...

Has anyone found any alternatives for sauces on the AI protocol? I found a mayo recipie using tahini instead of egg but tahini comes from sesame seeds so I figuered I couldn't eat it?

Suggestions??

So I am doing the autoimmune protocol (meaning no eggs, nuts, or nightshades) and needed some help with the sauces and dressings. I have been using balsamic but I am bored of it now. The ony thing is a lot of the condiments contain the ingredients above...

Has anyone found any alternatives for sauces on the AI protocol? I found a mayo recipie using tahini instead of egg but tahini comes from sesame seeds so I figuered I couldn't eat it?

Suggestions??

• Moderators

Sesame seeds are okay, so you could have pureed sesame seeds. However, sesame seeds are not great for you, so you should not eat lots of them.

I found a place locally that sells fancy olive oils and balsamic vinegars. I bought 6 or 7 bottles of balsamic vinegar - balsamic with peaches, raspberries, lemon, figs, etc. You could do a lot flavoring balsamic vinegar with different things and mixing it with olive oil to make dressings.

PS, I merged your two posts of the same material. Please do not cross post. Pick one topic area and let it be.

Archived