Starting Whole 30 on September 5th

Mamagill08

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried multiple times to say goodbye and will you all well and thank you for going through this process with me, but haven't been able to post.  Seems like I can today, but the forums seem like a mess right now.  I was lucky to find such a great group.

Woah.... So this is the first time I've been able to see this thread for days even though I've been getting numerous otifications. Hopefully the forum bugs are all sorted, and hopefully a few more of you will post your success stories, and let us know how you fared.

Great job everyone - now on to the next (& arguably the most important) stage if you truly want to learn from this experience & create your own food plan for going forward - reintroductions - may the force be with you!

Yeah wow the messages got really messed up! Hope reintroctions are going well? I had a quick reminder that gluten is NOT my friend and dairy as well. Amazing how quickly the symptoms appeared. Just loving the new book, I highly recommend reading it! Thanks everyone for sharing their stories  it's been a great group!! Love to hear any more success stories too:)

• 3 months later...
On 2016-09-28 at 10:14 PM, Mistyfire said:

And over this year and a half I've kept two of my most desired NSV: my rosacea is 95% gone and swelling in my knee from an accident years back is 75% gone. The reintros really are the most important part of the program- that's where I've really learned. 

On 2016-09-29 at 6:19 PM, Mistyfire said:

Alas much to my great sadness, dairy returns me to my days of adolescent acne.  I'm going to be experimenting a bit more with that i.e. aged cheese may work better, I'm hoping. I've learned that I can have small amounts of cheese maybe once a week. Maybe if aged cheese works, I could loosen up a little.

I drink black decaf coffee without any difficulty but during this W30 I realized that when I have black caffeinated coffee my face does the hot, fire engine red routine.

I'm very glad to find testimonials of people whose rosacea has gone down thanks to W30.  I'm on day 10 and need all the motivation I can get! 

I've been dairy-free for two years now and this was a big leap for someone who used to looooove it!  I quit initially because it was causing my son's eczema to go completely crazy.  He was still breastfed at the time, so I had to do it for him.  When I stopped breastfeeding and tried the stuff again, I was surprized to find out that I didn't like it anymore.  Now, it tastes like barn to me.  It sticks to my palate and ruins food for me when there's butter on it.  Boy am I glad to have outgrown the taste for it!  But... it does nothing for my rosacea.  It did (in combination with removing gluten) help me get rid of arthritic pain in my hands and knees!  So how much do I like being able to walk up some stairs and how does that compare to my love of dairy (gone!) and gluten?  I just wish more people tried for themselves and saw that being healthy is worth the discomfort of changing your diet.

What does impact my rosacea greatly, I have found, are grapes (raw, but also wine, balsamic, etc.), coffee (or any caffein, in fact) and food that isn't fresh.  An MRT test showed I react to Tyramine, a substance found in stale/fermented foods.  Exit cocoa (chocolate!!!) and a whole bunch of foods.  When I see that veggies have seen better days, I try to avoid eating them, since I know they will do more harm than good.

Thank you all for sharing your stories.  It's really inspirational and guiding!

Archived