Whole30 Results. Where to from here?

pollyandpippy

I have just completed my first Whole30 and would love some feedback and thoughts from anyone out there who may have had a similar experiences and I'm wondering now, where to from here?  Should I do a reintroduction or another Whole30?

I lost 6.5 pounds and am receiving comments about looking well and slimmer but my waist measurement has actually remained the same or perhaps even increased a little.  I haven't seen any improvement in my acne either.  I expected it may get worse before it got better but it did not resolve within the 30 days.

I have what I suspect is a mild case of binge eating disorder and as such my weight has fluctuated continually since my teenage years (I'm 39 now and have a "healthy" BMI - although I don't really subscribe to BMI). I am also a middle-of-the-pack triathlete but have been in a very light training phase during my Whole30 due to surgery had just prior.

Pre-Whole30 I had what I would call a healthy diet, although there was definite room for improvement and binging episodes were with both "healthy" foods and "unhealthy" foods.  My main goal from following the Whole30 was to try and find out if I had any food intolerance, to clear my acne (lifetime sufferer) and to be honest - to lose a little weight.

I followed the meal template pretty much to the letter, I avoided SWYPO foods successfully and I mostly avoided snacking although I did have a few mini-binges on compliant foods such as nuts and coconut.

I also need to take care with any kind of restricted eating as it can make my binge eating worse, but I'm happy to say that at present it is no worse that pre Whole30.

Thanks for reading :)

You may benefit from a longer Whole30. If your acne has persisted all of your life, then it may take longer than 30 days to show improvement. My acne cleared up during an extended Whole30. I also started using the oil cleansing method (http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com) and have noticed a positive change in my skin's overall tone and frequency of breakouts. 

Good luck! Acne is the worst. 

theawkwardfig - Thank you!

As a matter of fact I have recently started oil cleansing with a beautiful blend of medicinal organic oils available in Australia and I feel it has improved my skin but I feel there is still an underlying issue that I can hopefully address with diet.

I've decided to start Whole30 #2 tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
On August 18, 2016 at 0:34 PM, theawkwardfig said:

You may benefit from a longer Whole30. If your acne has persisted all of your life, then it may take longer than 30 days to show improvement. My acne cleared up during an extended Whole30. I also started using the oil cleansing method (http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com) and have noticed a positive change in my skin's overall tone and frequency of breakouts. 

Good luck! Acne is the worst. 

Thank you for the link- this oil cleansing sounds interesting and beneficial.  I'm going to give it a try. 

Archived