Can I reintroduce a few foods at once and then start individual reintroduction later

I finished the Whole30 on Monday - yay! I've barely reintroduced any foods out of paranoia, but I have introduced a bit of dairy back into my diet - goat cheese on my salad and a tablespoon of creamy Parmesan salad dressing on my dinner salad. The only thing I've noticed is that I'm even more tired in the mornings (but I'm always tired in the mornings), bloated, and the joint pain in my right hand flared up yesterday. Is it possible that these symptoms are from the tiny bit of dairy? I've truthfully never noticed any reaction to dairy prior to completing the Whole30. 

A big question I have, is that I'm hosting an engagement party for one of my best friends on Saturday. We are catering crepes (savory and sweet). This is one of those events that I consider "special" and would like to partake in the food and have a glass or two of champagne without completely ruining my reintroduction. My question is, can I partake in the food and beverages for one day and get back to reintroduction next Tuesday? I know that I should not reintroduce gluten, dairy, sugar, and alcohol all at once, but I would like to eat the food that I'm paying caterers for without feeling guilty. So is it possible to continue my reintroduction early next week and still dabble in the food on Saturday? I don't want my Whole30 to be for nothing, so any advice is much appreciated!

Hi There,

Okay to answer your first question - yes.  "a little bit of dairy" can definitely do that.   Personally speaking I am extremely dairy sensitive so even just a tiny 1/2 tsp of dairy I will react to.  Most common reactions to dairy are bloating, gasiness, nasal issues (post nasal drip or stuffiness) dark circle around eyes.  Joint pain can happen although it's not a frequently reported reaction. (I have joint pain reaction to gluten - but my joints become puffy with dairy - no pain - just overall puffiness)

As for your second question - unfortunately eating all those things at once will skew your re-intro results.  Because you could "eat all the things" and feel absolutely lousy the next day and not know what caused it.  You would have to eat whole 30 style up until you feel better again - and that's normally another 10 days to 2 weeks happening before you start reintros again.  

If it was me (And I faced this on my first whole 30 ending at a friends big birthday bash) I would pick one.  Make a choice.  It's either the crepes, or the champagne or the dairy.  

Archived