Work Travel Challenge

Alicia C

Next week I have a real challenge coming up.  I will be leaving Tuesday morning (8/23) on an overnight business trip for a conference - meaning meals provided to me by others and with others (people I don't really know).  Yes I can pack some RX Bars, some nuts and dried fruits, but I can't bring a cooler (flying to the meeting) so I'm limited on items I can bring with me.  Also will not have a car when I arrive.  The biggest challenge will be the dinner on Tuesday night at an event space at something called "Topgolf" - sounds like a "Chuckie Cheese" for adults.  Help?  Started my first Whole30 on 8/1 so I will be into days 23 & 24 during this trip.

Call Topgolf and see if they offer their menu online, or can email/fax a copy to you, and ask if there's something specific that your business group has set aside for the meal options. Ask your questions all in advance on the phone (what oil is in the dressing, what's the meat marinated in, etc.). I feel like there's always plain steamed veggies or side salad, baked potato, and grilled chicken/steak at most placed made to order, but you'd have to know what they marinate the meat in first.

Pack tinned tuna, olives, jerky in your bag (don't forget the can opener and ziptop baggies to bring along with you from your hotel room to wherever you'll be during the day!). Pre-grill or sautee a few chicken breasts, cut into strips, and freeze in ziptop baggies. Pack in your carry-on along with carrots, whole uncut peppers and cherry tomatoes. They should all stay unrefridgerated for some time as the chicken will stay whole the entire time it's thawing and then will be fine out for 24 hours after that.

Good luck!

Archived