Starting Whole30 on Aug 22nd

Karivan

Hi.  My name is Karen and I'm 62 years old.  I'm really hoping this works because my metabolism is slower than a turtle stuck in molasses.  I worked out a lot but got discouraged because I just wasn't losing weight.  I felt there must be a different way to lose besides not eating and spending all day in the gym.  I try to eat healthy but I have my hangups like Mexican food and chips, which go well with beer.   I'm really hoping this works to get my metabolism kickstarted and be healthier.  Anyway, I hope to meet some of you in here and get much needed support and maybe I can someday be of some support to someone else.  

My nephews wife has done this before so she's helping me with tricks and tips.  She said she cooks eggs and shredded potatoes in a large muffin tin ahead of time for a quicker breakfast.  I made a double batch of tomato sauce with organic hamburger and put the leftovers in a gallon freezer bag and put it in the freezer.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to make mayonnaise and clarified butter.  We'll see how it goes!  Let me know how it went for you!  

Started last Monday (Aug 22) and really it hasn't been that bad.  Really tired on Tuesday and then a bit cranky on Wednesday (my staff got the brunt of that :().  Today (Saturday) I am feeling tired than I would have thought given 9 hours of sleep and no booze but they say that is to be expected.  

I like to cook but have a full time busy job so I am finding it a lot of prep.  I am doing the week 1 as it is in the book.  Next week, I think I'll do some things that are a little bit simpler to prepare!

Good luck, all!

Archived