1st time - starting September 5th!

Kris0866

Hi, my name is Kris and I am going to start the Whole30 on September 5th.  I just turned 50 and rather than whine and cry about it I decided to use this "monumental" occasion to kick start a better healthier lifestyle.  My main reason for doing this is to have more energy, be more focused and to generally feel better.  I want to learn to be in control and really make a change that will impact how I live, not just how I eat or look in my clothes.  I'm nervous but excited!  Wish me luck!

Hi Kris,

My name is Kathy and I'm 44 and  going to start my first Whole 30 on Tuesday Sept 6th.  So can you post everyday so I can see what is going to happen to me the next day, lol?  I'm hoping to improve some digestion issues as well as knee pain and  trouble with energy that just recently started.  I'm not too nervous about the food but giving up wine for 30 days has me pretty scared.  Good luck to us!

Hi Kathy,

I'm not too scared about the food either.  I love fruits and vegetables but I also love vanilla caramel creamer for my coffee so that's one thing I will miss.  But I can do it.  You can too!  I'll definitely try to post and share what my experience is.   Best of luck! :)

Hi Kris and Kathy, another Kathy here!

Happy Birthday, Kris, and good for you for diving in and wanting to feel your best! I'm 53 and have done an elimination/anti-inflammatory diet before which was more restrictive than this, so I'm not too concerned. That was several years ago and I've learned a lot more about food (and myself) since then.

There are two main reasons that I'm doing this program. One, because I'm feeling ready for a reset ahead of my October birthday. A friend recently did it and she feels and looks great. When I looked at her Whole30 book, I immediately fell in love with ALL of it! I'm a health coach, and this program feels like it's reading my mind and saying what I want to say. Second, I'm using September 5th as my deadline to re-re-re-launch my business (it's been a wild year and a half!).

I'm so excited to be participating in this program for myself and bringing along some of my tribe. And yeah, I'm a little nervous about the wine part too, Kathy. We've got this! :) 

Archived